Daenerys Targaryen and Aegon the Conqueror

Aegon would be proud of Dany.  I'm proud of Dany.  She's my favorite character on both the novels and the show.  

All that said, I think Aegon could advise Dany on the art of flying, military matters, and the use of armor.  Here's what Aegon might say.

1. Don't fly too close.  Stay out of ballista range.  Rain fire down on the enemy.  I realize it was necessary to fly low to get the precision needed in this battle but not every battle will be like this. You can bet the Lannisters, what's left of those evil jerks, will not get caught out in the open field again.  
  2. Keep the sun behind your back.  
  3. Wear armor, for heaven's sake!  
  4. Gather up all the Valyrian steel weapons, melt a few, and make a breastplate for Drogon.  Sure it will take a few hundred swords but Drogon is worth it.  
  5. Pursue all the retreating Lannister soldiers and kill them.  So you won't have to fight them again.
  6. Put Ser Jorah in charge of battle planning.  Tyrion should be fine for other duties.
  7. Withold all support for the North until those prideful northern nobles bend their knees.  Let them face the White Walkers alone for a while and wait for them to beg for help.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:24 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Withold all support for the North until those prideful northern nobles bend their knees.  Let them face the White Walkers alone for a while and wait for them to beg for help.

And then get completely screwed by WW yourself! Nice plan, I am standing and applauding.
On the whole, why shouldn't the northerners be prideful?! They are ancestors of the most ancient cultures in Westeros, they even share a lot with the Children (well, their magic at the very least), they are almost the only ones who still follow the Old Gods and the Old Way (plus Blackwoods). They are actually different from other kingdoms. And right now they are the only ones who actually cares about the mankind and all living things survival, well, it definitely ain't Dany right now. She hasn't even finished her slavetrade destruction crusade, since there are Lys, Volantis, Myr, Tyrosh and technically Pentos that still practice slavery big scale.

I agree there is a strong resemblence between Aegon and Daenarys - for one both are conquerors.

I'd would have liked if Tyrion designed her a special saddle to ride Drogon with. But if it hasn't happened yet I guess it's not going to. We learned in TPatQ the Targaryens used saddles with chains to ride. Guess it makes Dany even more of a big deal that she's riding a dragon bareback. It's no wonder the Dothraki respect her so much. 

On 8/7/2017 at 11:24 AM, Widowmaker 811 said:
  1. Gather up all the Valyrian steel weapons, melt a few, and make a breastplate for Drogon.  Sure it will take a few hundred swords but Drogon is worth it.  

umm, there's only a couple hundred Valyrian steel swords in all of Westeros. And those swords would be more useful in the hands of warriors that stand a chance against WWs, not to make armor for a dragon, who already has armor in the form its scales.

I don't think any Targaryen dragon ever had armor on, and putting armor on a flying creature may be more detrimental than beneficial. 

But one thing Aegon would tell Dany, which you failed to mention, is to get a proper saddle with chains that would strap her on Drogon properly.

6 hours ago, El Guapo said:

8. Fly your dragons to Kings Landing and turn the Red Keep into a smoldering ruin like Harrenhall.

I don't think,burning the Red Keep it's a good idea.It was built by a Targaryen and was the royal palace for every Targaryen king/queen

4 hours ago, Corvinus said:

umm, there's only a couple hundred Valyrian steel swords in all of Westeros. And those swords would be more useful in the hands of warriors that stand a chance against WWs, not to make armor for a dragon, who already has armor in the form its scales.

I don't think any Targaryen dragon ever had armor on, and putting armor on a flying creature may be more detrimental than beneficial. 

But one thing Aegon would tell Dany, which you failed to mention, is to get a proper saddle with chains that would strap her on Drogon properly.

yes the saddle would make so much sense. Also the sheer amount of valyrian steel and such would be ridiculously expenisve and bankrupt the realm. And any armor on a dragon would be useless since the weakest part of a dragon are it's eyes and wings (If it loses a wing or gets one hurt it comes crashing down and at best is severaly wounded and if the rider survived it would be amazing)  and neither of those can be covered since the wings have to move and covering them  would likely make them unable to fly and you can't cover their eyes for obvious reasons. Better to use the dragons natural armor and speed. Even that gigantic bolt that hit the dragon didn't do too much damage since drogon still stayed in the air and roasted that scorpion.  We also see drogon at dragonstone next episode and flying so it didn't do too much damage. Also the problem with any armor is even if you used iron armor it would still be incredibly expensive and could hire a thousand mercs or something.

On 8/7/2017 at 0:24 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

Withold all support for the North until those prideful northern nobles bend their knees.  Let them face the White Walkers alone for a while and wait for them to beg for help.

12 hours ago, Gala said:

And then get completely screwed by WW yourself! Nice plan, I am standing and applauding.
On the whole, why shouldn't the northerners be prideful?! They are ancestors of the most ancient cultures in Westeros, they even share a lot with the Children (well, their magic at the very least), they are almost the only ones who still follow the Old Gods and the Old Way (plus Blackwoods). They are actually different from other kingdoms. And right now they are the only ones who actually cares about the mankind and all living things survival, well, it definitely ain't Dany right now. She hasn't even finished her slavetrade destruction crusade, since there are Lys, Volantis, Myr, Tyrosh and technically Pentos that still practice slavery big scale.

With you @Gala.  Because Dany's dream of the IT is SO much more important than the survival of humankind.  Not short sighted or prideful at all. 

The northerners have pride in their heritage, but they are not being prideful.  There is a difference. They know the legends of the Long Night, and now that they know the WW still exist, they simply see the bigger picture and what takes priority.  I am not trying to insult anyone, but anyone who can't see that is an idiot, I'm sorry.

11 hours ago, El Guapo said:

8. Fly your dragons to Kings Landing and turn the Red Keep into a smoldering ruin like Harrenhall.

Yes, let's kill all the innocent people in KL because it's expedient.  As Jon said, that would make her just like the shit rulers they've had in the past.  Yeah, great way to prove she's something special.

On 07/08/2017 at 1:24 PM, Widowmaker 811 said:

And then, when you're surrounded by the army of the dead and the White Walkers, with wighted dragons trying to eat your face, you can think 'my pride was definitely worth it.'

On 8/11/2017 at 10:31 AM, Nictarion said:

I'd would have liked if Tyrion designed her a special saddle to ride Drogon with. But if it hasn't happened yet I guess it's not going to. We learned in TPatQ the Targaryens used saddles with chains to ride. Guess it makes Dany even more of a big deal that she's riding a dragon bareback. It's no wonder the Dothraki respect her so much. 

Speaking of Tyrion, when did that little stump all of a sudden become bothered by death.  This is the man who killed his defenseless father and killed Shae in bed.  He set the Baratheon fleet on fire with wildfire.  It is out of character for him to show concern and get bothered by deaths on the battlefield.  I am starting to dislike Tyrion.

On 8/11/2017 at 9:02 PM, WSmith84 said:

And then, when you're surrounded by the army of the dead and the White Walkers, with wighted dragons trying to eat your face, you can think 'my pride was definitely worth it.'

The north would lose the most.  You would think that Jon and Sansa would have enough common sense and bend the knee to Dany.  They're on the front lines of the coming battle whether they like it or not and Stark independence doesn't mean shit because they can't win this battle without Dany's help.  Those damn Starks including Jon would be smart to bend their knees to get the help they need.

Archived