What is Arya going to do with that knife?

Count Winter

44 minutes ago, elmis said:

I think she needs a Valyrian steel blade to kill the Mountain (unless Sandor actually manages to get his revenge).

That's also a possibility of course.... Arya saying Brienne defeated Sandor and then she defeats (sort of) Brienne...

13 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

I think the dagger pretty clearly indicates Arya will be killing White Walkers.

They did indeed make it a rather heavy-handed point to emphasise that the Valyrian steel dagger was made out of Valyrian steel and that a Valyrian steel weapon is very special because Valyrian steel is quite rare.

Arya is going to fuck shit up with that dagger, not just littlefinger (she's  going to slit his throat like it was intended to do for Bran) then Arya is going to die fighting white walkers  (she will take a few out). Butt before she bites it I  do believe she will kill Cersei. Or perhaps  kill Cersei as a wight if she does somehow get killed before she finishes her list. I think Bran purposefully gave her that dagger. He setting up a chain of events. 

Its quite clear Bran has no use for it and will not be in the infantry, fighting the WW and the AoD. Its very obvious what LF is doing, hes trying to butter bran up basically as by rights he's the Lord of Winterfell.

As we know the Catspaw dagger was used by a non highborn person to assassinate Bran, therefore right assuming the dagger came from someone wealthy. This event ultimately led to the war of the five kings, after LF admitted it was his but Tyrion was its rightful owner now.

The dagger fits Arya in the sense its an assassins blade and Arya is an assassin. LF and this dagger seem to crop up when he is conspiring against the Starks, i.e used it to imprison Ned. Using it to kill LF would be bitter sweet, as hes used it to betray/control the starks. 

We also see it in the book Sam was reading when he discovered the mounatin of dragonglass undernearth Dragonstone. The dagger obviously bares massive importance, but how did LF come to own the dagger before the show? Bran asks the question and LF doesnt know but I believe Bran will find out or already knew its origins.

If the dagger is a Targaryen decorated dagger and not just a Valyrian dagger, which would be used to fight the WW, it could be from the time of Aegon the conqueror. With no real tie to a house as we know nothing about it, this Valyrian blade could find its rightful owner in Daenerys or Jon (when he finds out his parentage). Also the dagger could help realize Jons real parentage and also he is not a bastard. The fact of the matter Catspaw is not the daggers real name... so what will the real name reveal.

So with that, I believe the dagger will serve as maybe an alternative in the wars to come against the Night King but also will serve as tool to help Jon realize his roots/parentage.

So wait... was it Joffrey who took the blade from Robert or was the dagger in LF's possession originally? 

Bran said someone wealthy wanted him dead. The dagger is very old and the red stone in the hilt is probably dragonglass. The dragonbone can't burn either.

But Bran definitely had a very strange look when he gave it to Arya. He doesn't care about LF which he makes clear. So whatever its meant to kill - I'm guessing it will be a Whitewalker. 

Spoiler

The leaker Frikidoc already revealed that Arya will kill a WW in S8 and that he would bet actual money on it. 

5 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

So wait... was it Joffrey who took the blade from Robert or was the dagger in LF's possession originally? 

In the  Show - As far as we are aware from the beginning of the show it was in LF possession.

In the books - Little finger said it was Tyrions dagger, Jamie remembers the knife belongs to Robert Baratheon

Bran said someone wealthy wanted him dead. The dagger is very old and the red stone in the hilt is probably dragonglass. The dragonbone can't burn hilt won't burn either. 

Quite clearly someone wealthy wanted him dead, what commoner has access to such a wealthy and rare item.

But Bran definitely had a very strange look when he gave it to Arya. He doesn't care about LF which he makes clear. So whatever its meant to kill - I'm guessing it will be a Whitewalker. 

Well hopefully little finger, o the irony when she kills it with him.

Reveal hidden contents

The leaker Frikidoc already revealed that Arya will kill a WW in S8 and that he would bet actual money on it. 

please dont post spoilers in here, things in here are only to speculate

4 hours ago, DutchArya said:

It was Joffrey who stole it from Robert in the books but I'm not sure if that was explicitly revealed in the show. 

19 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Do you just not read anything in here Ive clearly stated where it came from above and you still post clueless answers and book references.

My bad for replying to a post before reading an entire thread. 

Can you reply to posts without being an ass?  Is that beyond your grasp?

4 minutes ago, DutchArya said:

@Samwell_Tarly @Lurid Jester So if Robert had it originally... then how did he come to possess it? It's a very old blade and it's possible it was once in the hands of a Targaryen. 

Why are you wanting to know a book story line?????? 

ROBERT DID NOT HAVE IT IN THE SHOW AS FAR AS WE ARE AWARE, WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE TO BELIEVE THIS

IN THE SHOW WE CAN FIGURE OUT LITTLE FINGER HAD IT THEN HE CLAIMED HE LOST A BET TO TYRION LANNISTER, HENCE WHY CAT HAS HIM SEIZED AND TRIALLED, FOR THE ATTEMPTED ASSASSINATION OF BRAN. 

I REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT THE BOOKS WHEN DISCUSSING SHOW EVENTS.

Okay, the re-appearance of this dagger got me thinking too...

Fair enough, in the show LF told Varys and Cat (if I remember right, correct me if not) that he lost the dagger to Tyrion to incriminate him.  In the books, it transpired that it was Robert's and that Joffrey took it (which I considered one of the weakest plots in the books since to me the motive was a bit thin on the ground even for Joffrey).  In the show, it would appear that LF also lied to incriminate Tyrion, so if the dagger was his all the way (LF's) how did it land in the hands of the paid assassin?  It could be argued, mayhaps, that LF planned the attack to start a war between the Starks and the Lannisters which is possible of course but it seems to be an obscure way to go about things.  After all, he was helping Ned discover the true parentage of the Baratheon children.  That alone should have sufficed to start a huge conflict between Ned and the Lannisters, as well as the fact that he had managed to plant suspicion on the Starks (via Lysa) re Jon Arryn's death.  He really didn't need to do this.  I grant that Tyrion could have had a motive to try and silence Bran to protect his siblings, but again convoluted.  Not saying that Tyrion may have been the owner, it appears clear that he was not, but yes another layer of potential conflict which leaves us with the show more or less saying that LF masterminded that attack (whether it was meant to succeed or not - the attack- is also open to debate).  Now, if this is the case, why on this Earth someone as clever as LF would bring the topic up again.  The smart thing to do, IMHO, would be to try for people to forget the incident (if indeed he was the culprit) especially taking into account that Bran has some strong "psychic" abilities... By the way, if I had forgotten something vital in the show, please point it out but be kind as I haven't seen the first series in quite some time.

Yes, it has also been pointed out that LF may be acting just like he did with Robin when he gave him the falcon as a gift, possible...  Still he brought up the beginning of the WOT5Ks.  Is he trying to incriminate Tyrion again?  Crossed my mind; he knows he is Hand to Dany than Jon trusted him and that Jon has gone to negotiate with him... To top it all I am sure he senses Sansa mistrusts him although she tolerates him (LF). lol she even said to Jon that Tyrion treated her well etc despite counselling caution to Jon.  LF, throughout the series (in books and show) seems hell bent of getting Tyrion out of the way by for instance incriminating him in Joffrey's murder via Sansa and the necklace... I maybe getting slightly out of topic here but LF's obsession with Tyrion would indicate to me that either a) Tyrion knows something about LF that could be very damaging to him (LF) or b ) Tyrion has been in a position (or still is) where he could figure it out (whatever LF wants to hide).  Also, coincidental or not Tyrion was Master of Coin after him...  I really hope we learn more about this but with so few episodes left... who knows.

But this is just one of many possible scenarios.  Was LF simply trying to test the extent of what Bran can see?  I personally think this is highly likely but it would be like playing with fire on his part...If he believes Bran can see a great deal, then he would know LF lied about the dagger.  Why on Earth open that can of worms??? Still I am not going to put this down as bad writing lol  I am sure that LF knew what he was doing... what escapes me still is what that may be...

Oh, I am sure this will be used to kill WWs.  Now, LF although he did mentioned WWs threat doesn't really seem to have his heart in this.  Fair enough he haven't seen them himself and he could be skeptical still.  I don't actually see his motivation being something on the lines, of oh give it to Bran, score brownie points and he will give it to someone more capable in the battle field to protects us... I reckon this was a test but one that is likely to backfire on him.

I would love to see your views, guys, on this...

So Bran has seen who gave the dagger to the assassin to kill him. My theory is that it was Little Finger. Bran also knows Arya is an assassin. So he gives the dagger that was used to kill him to Arya to kill Littlefinger.

On 8/7/2017 at 1:45 PM, Count Winter said:

Will she kill LF with it, is that Brann, or The Three Eyed Ravens plan? Or will she kill White Walkers with it as is was especially mentioned it was made of Valaryan steel....

she will kill Petyr and later I am sure it will be used to kill a white walker 

Archived