The two questions of the storyline in the North

After watching this episode two very urging questions remained and I'm a bit suprised no one asked them yet (at least that I could find):

• Did Jon kneel? There's a cut before Jon can answer Dany but she got him where it hurts, meaning his wish to do the right thing. They even allude to it later with Missandei and Davos when they discuss how Jon should properly be adressed and Jon answers that "It doesn't matter"
  • Who did the dagger belong to? Bran asks Littlefinger that question. By now Bran's a walking talking NSA archive who can see in the past and the future. I'm having a hard time believing he'd find it worth mentioning who the dagger belonged to unless it's someone really important or ironic. Not some speck of dirt on the windshield of time like Tyrion or Robert. Could it be that Dark Sister is a dagger in the show? *cough* Dawn *cough*. After all he gives it to Arya...

11 hours ago, Marco van Panter said:

Did Jon kneel? There's a cut before Jon can answer Dany but she got him where it hurts, meaning his wish to do the right thing. They even allude to it later with Missandei and Davos when they discuss how Jon should properly be adressed and Jon answers that "It doesn't matter"

Do you mean that Jon knelt off screen? why would D&D hide such big moment from the viewers?

After watching this episode two very urging questions remained and I'm a bit suprised no one asked them yet (at least that I could find):

• Did Jon kneel? There's a cut before Jon can answer Dany but she got him where it hurts, meaning his wish to do the right thing. They even allude to it later with Missandei and Davos when they discuss how Jon should properly be adressed and Jon answers that "It doesn't matter"

For Jon to bend the knee in secret is completely stupid, I would 99.9999999% say Jon did not kneel, hes got too much free folk in him to kneel. I really hope  he doesnt bend the knee.

• Who did the dagger belong to? Bran asks Littlefinger that question. By now Bran's a walking talking NSA archive who can see in the past and the future. I'm having a hard time believing he'd find it worth mentioning who the dagger belonged to unless it's someone really important or ironic. Not some speck of dirt on the windshield of time like Tyrion or Robert. Could it be that Dark Sister is a dagger in the show? *cough* Dawn *cough*. After all he gives it to Arya...

We dont know who it originally belong to or its origins either. We could assume due to its decoration it would make sense to have been involved in the Targaryens. At the start of the series LF has it and says he loses it to a bet with Tyrion Lannister, thats all we know. Obviously LF has had it since we last saw it.

Bran is emotionless and Branless in the aspect he remembers more about whats happened in Westeros than what ''Bran'' remembers. Bran is more focused on the Night King than anything else. This could be a reason why he hasn't started sprouting all these atrocities that LF has been part of.

Of what I know the dagger belonged to Robert Baratheon. Joffrey heard his father (he was drunk) saying that a death is better than a life of a cripple and so Joffrey gave that daggger to the man who tried to kill Bran.

2 hours ago, Styl7 said:

Of what I know the dagger belonged to Robert Baratheon. Joffrey heard his father (he was drunk) saying that a death is better than a life of a cripple and so Joffrey gave that daggger to the man who tried to kill Bran.

Dont you read posts before replying....... what you have quoted is books. Guess what we are in the Show part of the forum. Guess what means yet again, book references mean nothing in the show as that part was not in the show. 

I'll re iterate 

1. Bran was attempted to be killed with it
  2. Catelyn has the dagger and takes it to KL
  3. LF says he was the owner 
  4. LF claims to have lost it to a bet with Tyrion Lannister
  5. Lord Stark keeps the blade
  6. Petyr takes the knife from ned when he is take captive

This serves to prove, as far as we are told and know, LF started the show with the Dagger and currently had it all the way to last episode. Of which he gave it to Bran.

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Dont you read posts before replying....... what you have quoted is books. Guess what we are in the Show part of the forum. Guess what means yet again, book references mean nothing in the show as that part was not in the show. 

I'll re iterate 

1. Bran was attempted to be killed with it
  2. Catelyn has the dagger and takes it to KL
  3. LF says he was the owner 
  4. LF claims to have lost it to a bet with Tyrion Lannister
  5. Lord Stark keeps the blade
  6. Petyr takes the knife from ned when he is take captive

This serves to prove, as far as we are told and know, LF started the show with the Dagger and currently had it all the way to last episode. Of which he gave it to Bran.

Well,maybe you are right.. I shouldn't write this here.. I know the story of the dagger. What make me write this is because Sansa or Arya in the latest episode said that this dagger is impossible to belong to the man who tried to kill him. That remind me that.. I wasn't sure whether that something I read in the books, or it was hinted in the show too(I remember Cercei saying sth like that to Tyrion)...

16 hours ago, Marco van Panter said:

No Jon did not kneel but I think the story is heading in that direction which is why they showed him giving no response to Dany in the cave and then later having Missandei talking up Dany which seemed to impress both him and Davos.

11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

No Jon did not kneel but I think the story is heading in that direction which is why they showed him giving no response to Dany in the cave and then later having Missandei talking up Dany which seemed to impress both him and Davos.

Daenerys will not go to the north until she get closer to the iron throne. Search for the House of the Undying vision..and you will understand

3 minutes ago, Styl7 said:

Daenerys will not go to the north until she get closer to the iron throne. Search for the House of the Undying vision..and you will understand

She is at the point right now. She just essentially slaughtered Cersei's entire army. She could easily take Kings Landing right now but as we have seen from the previews Jon is talking about the big threat coming from the North again and I think Dany is going to be faced with a big decision on what to do.

1 minute ago, Styl7 said:

Daenerys will not go to the north until she get closer to the iron throne.

O yeah she will

1 minute ago, Styl7 said:

Search for the House of the Undying vision..and you will understand

How does this bare any relevance to her taking the Iron Throne???

The visions in the house of the undying are part of a prophecy. If you really want to go in detail Ill do so but just take my word for it.

4 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

O yeah she will

The visions in the house of the undying are part of a prophecy. If you really want to go in detail Ill do so but just take my word for it.

Is betrayed for love part of television show prophecy or just book because I'm thinking Jon will promise to kneel (after defeating the WW) and then for one reason or other decide she would make an unsuitable Queen. Or is that just a bit too far fetched?

6 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

Is betrayed for love part of television show prophecy or just book

Books I believe

6 minutes ago, the tower of albion said:

because I'm thinking Jon will promise to kneel (after defeating the WW) and then for one reason or other decide she would make an unsuitable Queen. Or is that just a bit too far fetched?

Your making the assumption Jon and Daenerys make it to the end and the WW are defeated. Thats your opinion but my opinion differs. I dont believe Jon will ever kneel, Daenerys wont make it to the end or a matter of fact ever consider taking the Iron Throne. The Vision in the House of the Undying solidifies this arguement.

55 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

O yeah she will

I am talking about the show's house of the Undying not the books'..

In the show she get in the throne room full of snows and when she is amsost there, when she is about to go and sit to the iron thrones she heard her dragons, she remember the real reason she get in the house of the Undying.

I think this will happen again. When she is so close to the Iron thrones she will realise the real reason she gave birth to dragon.. And she will go North..

59 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

She is at the point right now. She just essentially slaughtered Cersei's entire army. She could easily take Kings Landing right now but as we have seen from the previews Jon is talking about the big threat coming from the North again and I think Dany is going to be faced with a big decision on what to do.

I think her victory now is not enough.. She isnt that close to the throne.. And the Golden Company is coming to Cersei..

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Books I believe

Your making the assumption Jon and Daenerys make it to the end and the WW are defeated. Thats your opinion but my opinion differs. I dont believe Jon will ever kneel, Daenerys wont make it to the end or a matter of fact ever consider taking the Iron Throne. The Vision in the House of the Undying solidifies this arguement.

I tend to agree with you about the end and I too rely on the House of the Undying.  I did want to remark on something you said to another poster @Styl7- that they had posted book info and this is the tv forum.  At this point in the story, I cannot be the only one who is experiencing a sort of book/show amnesia.  Add to it my own guesses about what will happen and it becomes a stew.  Yesterday, in making an argument on another forum, I actually started citing my points as (book) or (show) or (book and show) or self. It is very confusing to post responses to discussion questions when you know what the book said, and you know what the show showed, and you are posing your own opinion.  I am guessing we will see more of this, no matter how hard posters try to be in the correct forum.  The story DNA is wide now. 

I am talking about the show's house of the Undying not the books'..

Sorry was meant to say Theory.

In the show she get in the throne room full of snows and when she is amsost there, when she is about to go and sit to the iron thrones she heard her dragons, she remember the real reason she get in the house of the Undying.

I think this will happen again. When she is so close to the Iron thrones she will realise the real reason she gave birth to dragon.. And she will go North..

Yes she will go north, to be reunited with Khal Drogo forecasting she will die beyond the wall.

1 minute ago, lakin1013 said:

I tend to agree with you about the end and I too rely on the House of the Undying.  I did want to remark on something you said to another poster @Styl7- that they had posted book info and this is the tv forum.  At this point in the story, I cannot be the only one who is experiencing a sort of book/show amnesia.  Add to it my own guesses about what will happen and it becomes a stew.  Yesterday, in making an argument on another forum, I actually started citing my points as (book) or (show) or (book and show) or self. It is very confusing to post responses to discussion questions when you know what the book said, and you know what the show showed, and you are posing your own opinion.  I am guessing we will see more of this, no matter how hard posters try to be in the correct forum.  The story DNA is wide now. 

I remember scenes from the books happening in the show.. (maybe its because i read the books after the show so in my mind i was imagining the characters from the books having scenes in the show). An example is that I remember Old Nan telling Bran the story of the Last Hero..

3 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Sorry was meant to say Theory.

Yes she will go north, to be reunited with Khal Drogo forecasting she will die beyond the wall.

Not Everyone will make it through the War for the Dawn.. I am pretty sure she will fight before she dies... (not a fan of her being Nissa-Nissa theory)

12 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

I did want to remark on something you said to another poster @Styl7- that they had posted book info and this is the tv forum.  At this point in the story, I cannot be the only one who is experiencing a sort of book/show amnesia.  

This tends to happen to me everytime I have a conversation on any topic GoT.

Archived