The Puppet Master - Bran is manipulating everyone

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

If only there were direwolves around... like one at Winterfell... or one in the riverlands... 

OP: thank you for this thread, I finally know how I want he series to end. 

It's winter and Bran Stark is keeping warm with a cup of tea, admiring his Westeros doll house.  I don't think the show could do better than this. 

I'm rooting for "The Sopranos" ending - just cut to black while the Starks are at dinner and leave it completely ambiguous as to whether or not they survive.  That's actually similar to the book ending with how GRRM just stopped writing after ADWD, and bittersweet in the sense that it sucks that we don't get resolution, but sweet that it isn't just "Bran did everything."

1 minute ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Apologies but that doesn't look like the future. Seems all past images to me. The second mostly a loop of the first. The throne room scene is what Dany saw.....he can see what she was shown it seems to me. The dragon flying over Kings Landing was also past....there was no snow. It's snowing in Kings Landing now.

No need to apologise for what you cant see.... Let me try shed some light on this for you to make it clearer. Here are what Bran saw.

Season 4 Ep2 Future

There could be some potential future events but I believe that atleast seeing Iron Throne in winter is definitely an event of whats to come.

• Dragons returning (potential future event)
  • Winter in Iron Throne (Daenerys has same vision) definitely whats to come.
  • Vision of the Heart Tree and the roots -future.

Season 6 Ep6 Future

• Wildfire explode and rip through KL
  • Glimpses of Daenerys and Drogon Shadow (implying her attack on KL maybe)

2 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

No need to apologise for what you cant see.... Let me try shed some light on this for you to make it clearer. Here are what Bran saw.

Season 4 Ep2 Future

There could be some potential future events but I believe that atleast seeing Iron Throne in winter is definitely an event of whats to come.

• Dragons returning (potential future event)
  • Winter in Iron Throne (Daenerys has same vision) definitely whats to come.
  • Vision of the Heart Tree and the roots -future.

Season 6 Ep6 Future

• Wildfire explode and rip through KL
  • Glimpses of Daenerys and Drogon Shadow (implying her attack on KL maybe)

I just don't agree with that assessment. The winter in the throne room was Danys vision in my opinion he just saw it through her pov. He saw a bunch of stuff Jon saw and Dany and a few others.

I just don't agree with that assessment.

Its not an assessment its facts lol, but hey if you dont believe facts then so be it. Its pretty obvious Bran has seen into the future

The winter in the throne room was Danys vision in my opinion he just saw it through her pov. He saw a bunch of stuff Jon saw and Dany and a few others.

That view of the Throne room the winter is very subjective, it could have been Daenerys vision but Bran also seen it to. 

Put it in perspective and think like this, Balerion the dread created the Iron Throne and we can see it in the vision of both. So say at a guess it was constructed 300 years ago by Aegon and Balerion, in between them 300 years I don't recall Kings landing been destroyed. So for that reason it has to be future.

I haven't mentioned the other stuff he saw because yes Daenerys and Jon saw it too but it was PAST events not FUTURE!

5 hours ago, Anarres said:

Knowing things is not the same as being powerful. Bran needs a new agent to make a difference in the real world. Hodor is dead. Summer is dead. Jojen is dead. Meera is seemingly gone home.

in my opinion he will soon have a vessel 

Spoiler

if the leaks are correct, and so far has been so, and viserion turns into an ice dragon maybe bran's end game will be warging into him and in case his body dies and his soul trapped in viserion then what bloodraven had told him would come true as well. he will never walk again but he will fly...and he might help the war won that way too, other than telling them where night king's current location is of course

1 minute ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Are you high,

Season 6 episode 6 - he sees what happens in ep10, i.e the wildfire rip through kings landing how is this not the future????

I don't think it was the vision of Cersei blowing up the Sept. You believe it. I simply do not. I believe everything seen was from Danys House of the Undying visions. Things that COULD have been not necessarily things to come. If Bran can see the future and outcome of it all then Jons prep is a complete waste. Everything everyone is doing is a conplete waste. He is a complete waste because he should be briefing the entire north. Telling them to get out of dodge. 

He has knowledge of the future and he's not sharing it? What is the purpose of such knowledge? He's not using it to help save the world. He's just sitting on VERY VALUABLE information like Lady Sansa? To what end? It has no place in the narrative for him to be able to see the future but not take any action to prevent calamity. 

But if you watch the trailer (Sn 7 ep 5) Jon gets a raven from Bran and co telling of CURRENT events as he spied on the movemnt of the Night King and his vast army toward East Watch.

Bran sees past and present far and wide, but not future. If he saw future he would have said I had a vision of said trouble passing East Watch and marching here and there and doing this and that.

6 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

He has knowledge of the future and he's not sharing it? What is the purpose of such knowledge? He's not using it to help save the world. He's just sitting on VERY VALUABLE information like Lady Sansa? To what end? It has no place in the narrative for him to be able to see the future but not take any action to prevent calamity. 

But if you watch the trailer (Sn 7 ep 5) Jon gets a raven from Bran and co telling of CURRENT events as he spied on the movemnt of the Night King and his vast army toward East Watch.

Bran sees past and present far and wide, but not future. If he saw future he would have said I had a vision of said trouble passing East Watch and marching here and there and doing this and that.

Thats not a vision, thats him warging, completely going off topic now.

13 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL, you mad bro?!?!

Bran has been given this humongous amount of information by the Three Eyed Raven and its all just a mess, fragments and pieces of puzzles he his yet to put together. His mind is elsewhere trying to fathom all this info he has got, literally everything everyone has ever done. To call Bran a waste is stupid and to say this clearly states your lack of understanding on the Bran situation.

I've said all I have to say on the situation. Your comprehension is lacking. 

1 hour ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I just don't agree with that assessment. The winter in the throne room was Danys vision in my opinion he just saw it through her pov. He saw a bunch of stuff Jon saw and Dany and a few others.

I don't have any ammo to back anything up at the moment, so I will have to dig a little later in the day, but I can almost swear that Bran can see everything. Past. Present. Future. He has an "omni-presence consciousness" of the world.

26 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

I believe Hodor was a cautionary tale about being overly engaged across time.

5 minutes ago, TheMachine said:

I don't have any ammo to back anything up at the moment, so I will have to dig a little later in the day, but I can almost swear that Bran can see everything. Past. Present. Future. He has an "omni-type consciousness" of the world.

Read above ive quoted this all on why bran can see into the future!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Yes, I am agreeing with you. What I am saying is, the way I remembered it being explained was a "conscious state of everything that has, is, and will happen." I just cannot remember where I heard it from.

2 minutes ago, TheMachine said:

Yes, I am agreeing with you. What I am saying is, the way I remembered it being explained was a "conscious state of everything that has, is, and will happen." I just cannot remember where I heard it from.

You didnt agree with me, you were going to provide your own case and look for 'ammo'. I provided that ammo for you, of which The Bastard of Summer refuses to acknowledge the facts at all. 

4 hours ago, Gaz0680 said:

I don't believe Bran is the Night King. I do think he has a strong relationship to he Night King though and absolutely will be a huge factor (if not the biggest) in the eventual defeat of the Night King.

So Bran is Harry Potter and the Night King is "He Who Must Not Be Named"?

I actually like that Bran appears to be completely on the outskirts of the current situation in Westeros. It is like he has no allegiance anymore with his own siblings. He reveals all that is required of him and nothing more.

I do not expect him to mention to Sansa and Arya anything about Littlefingers betrayal of Ned unless he is prompted to. Bran could be a very powerful weapon for the Starks and Jon but he is essentially a wind up toy now. He will only spill once he is asked to. And if Sansa and Arya don't ask him about Littlefinger then he won't tell.

30 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I see no reason why Bran wouldn’t be able to see into the future. Dany has, I think Jon has, the Hound has, Maggi the Frog has, along with all the red priests and priestesses. Granted those visions have at times been misinterpreted or misunderstood, but still, the visions were there. Given that Bran is a sort of ‘next level’ seer, his understanding is likely to be much more reliable.

I think Bran sees, or will see, a bigger picture that doesn't involve man defeating the wight walkers as the primary battle.  Not that's he's a god, but he possesses the omniscience approaching one.  How trivial would worldly battles seem to the omniscient?

Archived