The Puppet Master - Bran is manipulating everyone

If Bran has shaped the past to effect the progression of the present, it is not quite seeing the future but it is determining it. LIke, he knew Hodor's future as he was making him in the past and that determined all of Hodor's present for 6 seasons, right?

Now imagine Bran has done this (will do this) on a bigger scale, to all of Westeros. Consider Bran made the wall, made the Nights King, invented tales of the Long Night, made prior pacts with the Children and so on and so on to try and determine an outcome in the timeline we are watching. Everything that has happened will happen again - by design. It's not seeing the future it's shaping the present - but, as the present is unfolding, it can seem like seeing the future and, as it can possibly be changed more than once, the future is not set.

I theorise all the magic in the world leaches of of what the 3ER does. Mel and the fire can only see what Bloodraven or Bran have seen. Again, not really seeing the future but being aware of prior changes that effect the present, sometimes before the effect comes into play. And prophecy exists because it was deliberately planted - to try and get events to play out a certain way.

1 hour ago, ummester said:

If Bran has shaped the past to effect the progression of the present, it is not quite seeing the future but it is determining it. LIke, he knew Hodor's future as he was making him in the past and that determined all of Hodor's present for 6 seasons, right?

Now imagine Bran has done this (will do this) on a bigger scale, to all of Westeros. Consider Bran made the wall, made the Nights King, invented tales of the Long Night, made prior pacts with the Children and so on and so on to try and determine an outcome in the timeline we are watching. Everything that has happened will happen again - by design. It's not seeing the future it's shaping the present - but, as the present is unfolding, it can seem like seeing the future and, as it can possibly be changed more than once, the future is not set.

I theorise all the magic in the world leaches of of what the 3ER does. Mel and the fire can only see what Bloodraven or Bran have seen. Again, not really seeing the future but being aware of prior changes that effect the present, sometimes before the effect comes into play. And prophecy exists because it was deliberately planted - to try and get events to play out a certain way.

I just do not see how the tv show could ever convey this notion though. I feel like I understand the 3ER because I read the books, not because the show explained it clearly. Maybe the whole "it's complicated" answer from Bran to Sansa's questions in the last episode reflected the inability of the show to fully explain the powers/capabilities/omnipresence of the 3ER.

2 hours ago, ummester said:

This is a great idea and I really like it. Unfortunately I don't think the show is clever enough to do that. 

On 8/8/2017 at 10:51 AM, Samwell_Tarly said:

You didnt agree with me, you were going to provide your own case and look for 'ammo'. I provided that ammo for you, of which The Bastard of Summer refuses to acknowledge the facts at all. 

I didn't think I needed to provide since you so eloquently provided it for me 

On 8/8/2017 at 11:20 AM, Illiterati said:

I think Bran sees, or will see, a bigger picture that doesn't involve man defeating the wight walkers as the primary battle.  Not that's he's a god, but he possesses the omniscience approaching one.  How trivial would worldly battles seem to the omniscient?

Yes, I must agree. He has an omnipresent consciousness that he will be in tune with

Archived