What are you Choices for Worst Science Fiction Fantasy and Horror Movies?

GAROVORKIN

And what makes them so memorably bad?  Is it directionless directing , writing or lack thereof ?  Diabolical acting on the part of the stars and support cast of actors? Production values and special effects ranging from flat out mediocre  all the way to " Oh My God  those poor heroes are being menaced by bad props and shoddy special effects ! " :wacko:

What are your choices? B)

Damnation Alley  1977   a postapocalyptic  science  fiction film based on the 1969 novel of the same name by Roger  Zelazny. The book is a terrific and a classic. The film staring George Peppard  and Jan Micheal Vincent is godawful and cheesy.

1 hour ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Damnation Alley  1977   a postapocalyptic  science  fiction film based on the 1969 novel of the same name by Roger  Zelazny. The book is a terrific and a classic. The film staring George Peppard  and Jan Micheal Vincent is godawful and cheesy.

How can anything with Hannibal and Stringfellow Hawke be godawful??

Okay, this one probably doesn't quite belong here, but I'm going to go with it anyway. The Clonus Horror (1979) starring Peter Graves and Dick Sargent. I saw this movie for the first time when I was 11 in a double feature with the original Alien at the local bargain theater, so I guess you could say that contrast between what remains for me probably the best Horror film ever made and The Clonus Horror was fairly stark.

The reason I'm not sure this film belongs here is that the premise is actually pretty good. There is this isolated desert facility wherein a couple hundred young men and women are kept in a constant state of physical training, with the carrot being that once they reach a certain degree of physical perfection they will "graduate" and be sent to "America". This graduation and their purpose upon reaching it is rather mysterious and nebulous, and our protagonist often wonders what this consists of specifically. it is for this reason that he is considered somewhat of a misfit and a failure of sorts.

The reason I'm pretty sure this film belongs here is the production values primarily. This very much has the look and feel of a Roger Corman film. All the trainees at the facility wear color-coded track suits that are meant to represent their level of progress, all the cars are late model and explode in cheesy fashion when appropriate, etc.

/Turns out this was featured on MST3K, so I guess I'm not too far off base here. I will have to check that episode out. 

Wing Commander was a terrible film. However, my friends and I only went for The Phantom Menace trailer. Another theatre-goer actually fell asleep, snored and spilled his jumbo package of Skittles all over the floor. That was the most entertaining part of the film.

Another terrible film is Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. Actually, there were a number of Star Wars clones in the 80s that were quite terrible, but this one was released a few weeks before Return of the Jedi.

1 hour ago, Astromech said:

Wing Commander was a terrible film. However, my friends and I only went for The Phantom Menace trailer. Another theatre-goer actually fell asleep, snored and spilled his jumbo package of Skittles all over the floor. That was the most entertaining part of the film.

Another terrible film is Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone. Actually, there were a number of Star Wars clones in the 80s that were quite terrible, but this one was released a few weeks before Return of the Jedi.

Wing Commander was not the best film , but I liked it far better then The Phantom Menace

SpaceHunter was made during the 3D film reintroduction. of the 1980's none of the 3D films made in that time were particularly good because give how cheep and cheesy they were good writing was far less of a priority .

These are movies that are just, for me, so bad I can't watch them. Either plain boring or too cringeworthy or a combination of both. There are other movies that I consider bad but have "so bad they're good" moments in them (ex. Howard The Duck, Maximum Overdrive, Judge Dredd, The Happening, etc.) I can't bring myself to list them below.

Battlefield Earth

Bay's Transformers 2, 4, & 5

Nightmare on Elm Street remake

Friday The 13th remake

Planet of the Apes (2001)

Lawnmower Man 2

Star Trek V

Star Wars: Episode II

Jaws: The Revenge

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 & 5

Peter Jackson's The Hobbit movies (I know some find redeeming moments in them, but I can't get myself to sit through any of it)

Zardoz

And, can you imagine if they ever made sequels to Highlander? Especially a Highlander 2? bet if those movies existed they would be on here! Thank goodness they don't!

Plan 9 From Outer Space is credited with being the worst film ever made... which, of course, makes it wonderful... Robot Monster, likewise is so bad its good.... I'll throw the incredible two-headed transplant in there as well... not the one with Rosie Grier and Ray Miland... the one with Bruce Dern and Kasey Kasem...

-- Killer Clowns from outer space is great, too... and every time the Quick and the Dead is on, I am compelled to watch it...

On 8/9/2017 at 9:01 PM, Martini Sigil said:

Plan 9 From Outer Space is credited with being the worst film ever made... which, of course, makes it wonderful... Robot Monster, likewise is so bad its good.... I'll throw the incredible two-headed transplant in there as well... not the one with Rosie Grier and Ray Miland... the one with Bruce Dern and Kasey Kasem...

-- Killer Clowns from outer space is great, too... and every time the Quick and the Dead is on, I am compelled to watch it...

Both do have entertainment value.:mellow:

Message from Space.   1978   A made in Japan Star Wars knock off . Dreadful and dumb  in all categories.  

In terms of sill dialogue.  its most such lines as "Im a human being from the Planet Earth".  another gem " They don't call me Kamikaze for nothing" :D

Attack of the Clones is really the one that offends me with its awfulness the most. Its almost impossible to enjoy in a 'so bad its good' way because of how much it destroys the OT (as does TPM). But it just completely hideous on every level. The acting, visuals, plot, script, pacing.. nothing is even close to mediocre. 

In terms of Horror, the easy way to do it is thinking of a good horror movie that has been either remade or had a reboot / prequel attached to it in the last decade. Every single one is awful.

Archived