What are you Choices for Worst Science Fiction Fantasy and Horror Movies?

GAROVORKIN

The Beast of Yucca Flats. 1961 staring Tor Johnson ( from Plan 9 From Outer Space )  who plays a scientist who get mutated by radiation and goes on the rampage.  This was his last film appearance and very possibly his tour de force acting performance. Sadly  this film  got zero mention at the oscars.  But it did get the Mystery Science 3000 treatment thus achieving film immortality. :D

Jupiter Ascending

Its only tiny redeeming feature was Redman's character.  When people say Valerian is worse than this, I struggle to believe them. 

17 hours ago, ants said:

Jupiter Ascending

Its only tiny redeeming feature was Redman's character.  When people say Valerian is worse than this, I struggle to believe them. 

That film had so much potential. It seems the at late Washowskis can't seem to duplicate the success that they had with the Martix 

Saturn 3  1978 Staring Kirk Douglass,  Farrah Fawcett  and Have Keitel.  Insane , boring and convoluted . Douglas and Fawcett play a couple living on isolated station one of Saturn moons, The get menace by a a man and his killer robot.   This film has nothing going for it. 

Ghosts of Mars is easily the worst science fiction/fantasy/space horror film I've ever seen in a theater, and possibly ever period that wasn't a low-expectations B movie. Stupid, bad- and cheap-looking even for a $28 million budget, with an idiot plot that feels incredibly contrived and ends on a stupid cliff-hanger. 

9 hours ago, Summer Bass said:

Ghosts of Mars is easily the worst science fiction/fantasy/space horror film I've ever seen in a theater, and possibly ever period that wasn't a low-expectations B movie. Stupid, bad- and cheap-looking even for a $28 million budget, with an idiot plot that feels incredibly contrived and ends on a stupid cliff-hanger. 

I thought the concept was interesting , Unfortunately , It was badly handled.  

Transformers 2 was without a doubt the worst Science fiction movie I have seen (part of, I watched about 45 minutes). So incredibly cheesy and moronic.

Is The Passion of the Christ allowed to be selected as a fantasy movie? No way I should have gone to it but went with a friend and sat through what felt like 10 hours of a single torture scene. 

Is Sharknado considered a horror movie? Again I have only seen a small bit of it but it wasn't scary and it wasn't funny and it wasn't entertaining in any way. I've never seen the point in deliberately making a movie so bad that someone finds it good. The ones that turn out like this are at least funny or clever and this is neither.

11 minutes ago, Makk said:

Is Sharknado considered a horror movie? Again I have only seen a small bit of it but it wasn't scary and it wasn't funny and it wasn't entertaining in any way. I've never seen the point in deliberately making a movie so bad that someone finds it good. The ones that turn out like this are at least funny or clever and this is neither.

I think there was a brief period of time when that trend first started (Troma films come to mind, like Toxic Avenger for instance) there were a really small handful of these movies that were novel and entertaining. It was like WTF, are they doing this on purpose? Once the joke became obvious and overplayed it got tired really quick.

6 hours ago, Makk said:

Transformers 2 was without a doubt the worst Science fiction movie I have seen (part of, I watched about 45 minutes). So incredibly cheesy and moronic.

Is The Passion of the Christ allowed to be selected as a fantasy movie? No way I should have gone to it but went with a friend and sat through what felt like 10 hours of a single torture scene. 

In the case Sharknado , they  got 4 or 5 films now in this incredibly dumb franchise.   I hope this one never gets to the tv series rout.:(

15 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think there was a brief period of time when that trend first started (Troma films come to mind, like Toxic Avenger for instance) there were a really small handful of these movies that were novel and entertaining. It was like WTF, are they doing this on purpose? Once the joke became obvious and overplayed it got tired really quick.

At one time,  we could count on Troma to delver a quality film. :(;)

11 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

At one time,  we could count on Troma to delver a quality film. :(;)

I'm not sure I'd even go that far, I'd just say there shtick was initially novel and fresh enough that their films were fairly enjoyable. Once you got to say your 4th or 5th Troma film it was like, okay enough.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I'm not sure I'd even go that far, I'd just say there shtick was initially novel and fresh enough that their films were fairly enjoyable. Once you got to say your 4th or 5th Troma film it was like, okay enough.

I did like  The first Toxic avenger film :cool4: it's a guilty pleasure film.

Or if you wanted to go with a more loving tribute to Roger Corman type films you could go Grindhouse. Still pretty bad, but not quite as obvious as your typical Troma fare. 

See also Hobo with a Shotgun.

/Although I'm not sure you could classify Hobo with a Shotgun as Horror. More Action I suppose.

Archived