Iron Mother

MEERA!

71 posts in this topic

41 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Oh yes he has some pretty choice lines. Like Randyll Tarly....he's just got a way with people lol. I thought is was well in line with book Randyll when show Randyll wanted to whip the stragglers. I mean coming from a man  thinks anyone could benefit from a "good" raping. Seems bout right to me.

That's true cause bad rapings are a dime-a-dozen (look be real for a moment, if I was a male, the forum would ban me for saying that).  And I think that is awful.  I'll say openly this place has the most horrifying "authority" and moderation I have seen on the internet second in line only to Reddit. 

Except, on Reddit, they just file your post in an alternate reality section instead of banning you.  As in, UNLESS you are in their secret society, your post can never appear in their main area.  On this forum, you try to login one day and your account is just erased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, at least Sansa could've thanked her if Bran's too messed up to. Geez! Good on EK for her lines though, such good acting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

That's true cause bad rapings are a dime-a-dozen (look be real for a moment, if I was a male, the forum would ban me for saying that).  And I think that is awful.  I'll say openly this place has the most horrifying "authority" and moderation I have seen on the internet second in line only to Reddit. 

Except, on Reddit, they just file your post in an alternate reality section instead of banning you.  As in, UNLESS you are in their secret society, your post can never appear in their main area.  On this forum, you try to login one day and your account is just erased. 

Actually got banned 30 days after joining back in 2012 lol I offended other ladies......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Actually got banned 30 days after joining back in 2012 lol I offended other ladies......

I knew I liked you for a reason.

I'm still shocked I didn't get banned (but they removed it) when I posted that Sansa was weak and using the power of other women (Brienne) to carry out her will.  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Oh, yeah, it's coming back to me now.  Didn't book 5 end with Arianne, her protector and Marcella out in the desert?  I plan to do a re-read after season 7.

The contracts also keep the actors from just quitting and having to be replaced with someone else which totally screws things up, so there is a flip side to that.

That was second to last Dorne chapter.  See, if one is not paying attention, it never really explains what is going on with Myrcella and those people in the desert.  THAT chapter is really cool imagery.  It reminds me of my first "magical" chapter in the very first book................ it was a Catelyn chapter when it offers VIVID depiction of their climb to the Eeyrie.  I remember being so completely caught up with the imagery, I read it over and over.... and then when I got the audiobook, i wore it out listening to it with the window open and chilling with the cool breeze. 

Some of Martin's writing is bad.  Let's admit it.  The Sam and Gilly chapters are sometimes really awful.  That just came to mind.

But also in AFFC, the entire CERSEI chapters.... the whole story, I would advise anyone to go back and read JUST those chapters.............. it's a flat out comedy.  I mean, I have never read or listened to such a comedy in a fantasy book!  Cersei is totally out of control and bananas, she's cutting off people and sniping  them right to their faces..... I swear to god i cannot read or listen to that "plot" without lmfao.

This thread has been hijacked and since I started it, I'm guilty also.

We must not stray from @~~*Meera*[email protected] and her kind-hearted soul that touched so many of us and as if I'm giving a eulogy, I wonder if she will drag Bran the next time they meet.  But I bet she will still be nice to him.  I also think he broke her heart.  I do not "ship" as a rule but I'm learning to live with that outcome because they are going to be marrying people off and finding Love Caves for people and all kinds of things not Fire and Blood. 

Jaime and Cersei narrowly escape to Pentos and live happily every after as unknowns. 

Oh, before I forget, Eurine Greyjoy is the Rick James of Westeros?  gurl bye?  Maybe the scab RJ left behind......... but for real, the finger in the bum to Jaime was prolly more to get his goat than anything else.  Eurine is nasty in that he cuts off womans' tongue.  I don't think the Superfreak went that far.,,,

Edited by Iron Mother
pronoun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I knew I liked you for a reason.

I'm still shocked I didn't get banned (but they removed it) when I posted that Sansa was weak and using the power of other women (Brienne) to carry out her will.  lol

ohhh man the Sansa brigade was on your ass lady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

 

Oh, before I forget, Eurine Greyjoy is the Rick James of Westeros?  gurl bye?  Maybe the scab RJ left behind......... but for real, the finger in the bum to Jaime was prolly more to get his goat than anything else.  Eurine is nasty in that he cuts off womans' tongue.  I don't think the Superfreak went that far.,,,

LOL don't do my main man the Super Freak Villan like that lol. He is a bad as voodoo wizard pirate!

I just about died at the look on Jaimes face. That was hella funny. His eyes were so crazy in that whole scene.

Edited by The Bastard of Summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meera's reward for watching over Bran and dragging him across half a continent is a sweet set of biceps and an utterly ripped core.  Besides, Bran said thank you. What else  can he do, give her one of his pelts? They have like a hundred of them each. Meera needs to get down to the Neck and help her father's army viet-cong the shit out of any Southron forces trying to retake the North.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Talking Hodor said:

@~~*Meera*[email protected] 's reward for watching over Bran and dragging him across half a continent is a sweet set of biceps and an utterly ripped core.  

Besides, Bran said thank you. What else  can he do, give her one of his pelts? They have like a hundred of them each. @~~*Meera*[email protected] needs to get down to the Neck and help her father's army viet-cong the shit out of any Southron forces trying to retake the North.

Is that the woman ur looking for?  When I read it I thought you were describing Gendry.

her name is @~~*Meera*[email protected]  she earned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

Oh, before I forget, Eurine Greyjoy is the Rick James of Westeros?  gurl bye?  Maybe the scab RJ left behind......... but for real, the finger in the bum to Jaime was prolly more to get his goat than anything else.  Eurine is nasty in that he cuts off womans' tongue.  I don't think the Superfreak went that far.,,,

Shade of the Evening's a hell of a drug...

Sorry, I couldn't help it ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2017 at 0:58 PM, The Bastard of Summer said:

Yes first time. Does that surprise you? Ned? Nope. He revealed too much too soon to Cersei. Joff gave the order and it surprised Cersei and co. But even if Joff hadn't, I honestly didn't see him leaving Kings Landing alive. Not even making it to the wall. I didn't  expect it to be Joff to give the order.

I was super awed by the Red Wedding. Excellent play of events bold by the writer.Didn't  care for Robb or Catelyn Tully.

Wow, one of the first time the main character is killed in a novel at the end of the book and it was so clear to you... and, instead, the super-expected reaction of Bran to Meera did surprise you... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, ERRI8013 said:

Wow, one of the first time the main character is killed in a novel at the end of the book and it was so clear to you... and, instead, the super-expected reaction of Bran to Meera did surprise you... ?

As I have already explained I felt something bad was going to happen  to NED. I'm  sorry you didn't  pick up on it and was SURPISED by it. I however was NOT SURPISED  by Brans reaction it made me SAD for Meera. Is that so hard to understand?  I NEVER SAID SURPISED BY BRANS REACTION. Read all three of my posts. The  original (which is unedited), the reply to you, then a third. I posted one after the other.

 THEY PUSHED A CHILD out the window. Bran was at home surrouned by family. Ned was in the vipers den with these same people who would dare MURDER his son in HIS home. Away from home with the same damming information as Bran, why would Cersei let him live? I thought it a very dangerous situation.

Edited by The Bastard of Summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

We must not stray from @~~*Meera*[email protected] and her kind-hearted soul that touched so many of us and as if I'm giving a eulogy, I wonder if she will drag Bran the next time they meet.  But I bet she will still be nice to him.  I also think he broke her heart.  I do not "ship" as a rule but I'm learning to live with that outcome because they are going to be marrying people off and finding Love Caves for people and all kinds of things not Fire and Blood. 

Although Meera's heartbreak is totally understandable, she was totally devoted to keeping Bran safe and became quite fond of him, I think it is fair to say that she also has lost sight of the whole reason she and Jojen went in search of Bran in the first place.  It was for the good of Westeros, not for Bran himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:49 PM, SerJeremiahLouistark said:

She should have gotten a hot bath, some blood sausages like she wanted in the cave, a haircut, some new digs, and a fucking escort back to Greywater Watch.  She should have also been given a title as well.  Honestly she is the most under appreciated character in this series.  

yes, por Meera, she didn't even get a bath or new clothes!
 

 

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:59 PM, Frances Bean Corbray said:

"Meera Reed, thank you so much.  I almost don't have words for how happy I am to see Bran again or how grateful I am to you for bringing him home safely. House Reed has kept faith with House Stark for generations and once again we are deeply honored by your loyal service.  You have suffered greatly and sacrificed greatly.  I swear to you I will do all I can to honor your brother's memory and to make his, and your, sacrifice worthwhile.  You will always be welcomed with open arms at Winterfell.  Name your reward and you shall have it."

Sansa could say that in, what, 30 seconds?  Boom.  Meera gets her just due, Sansa sounds like a queen, Littlefinger gets to fawn over the latter.  Multiple storytelling objectives achieved efficiently AND in a gratifying way.

Tiny adjustment, massive improvement.

I completely agree.

 

------------

Meera has been a superb chacacter. Everything she has done, everything she has said, the scene that Ellie portrayed so well in the last episode in such a short period of time....

I think we have not seen the last of Meera. I know that....

Spoiler

there is a preliminary script that says

Spoiler

"possible" big spoiler

Spoiler

that she is out of the series, but this was a prelimanry script, with the scene being changed (certain parts of the dialogue), and she was not mentioned in the Inside the Episode....

We also have an interesting dialogue from the episode "Home" from last season, where, while "the wars to come" are being mentioned, Leaf also tells her that Brandon will need her, out there....

 

 

 

The fact that she has mentioned Howland Reed many times (twice this season), and they made it sure that we all knew who he was last season, means that it's very likely that he will reappear with him.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

As I have already explained I felt something bad was going to happen  to NED. I'm  sorry you didn't  pick up on it and was SURPISED by it. I however was NOT SURPISED  by Brans reaction it made me SAD for Meera. Is that so hard to understand?  I NEVER SAID SURPISED BY BRANS REACTION. Read all three of my posts. The  original (which is unedited), the reply to you, then a third. I posted one after the other.

 THEY PUSHED A CHILD out the window. Bran was at home surrouned by family. Ned was in the vipers den with these same people who would dare MURDER his son in HIS home. Away from home with the same damming information as Bran, why would Cersei let him live? I thought it a very dangerous situation.

I knew something bad was coming but for me:

- GOT was the first show to kill main characters EARLY!  Seriously, even until the last moment before decapitation, I kept thinking "they won't do that".  THAT'S why it was so shocking to me.

- The @~~*Meera*[email protected]  moment was the first real emotional moment in a LONG time for me in this show.  Everything had been fading to black in terms of seeing real and actual emotion on GOT.  That's why it struck me.

- The two things can't really be compared, IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I knew something bad was coming but for me:

- GOT was the first show to kill main characters EARLY!  Seriously, even until the last moment before decapitation, I kept thinking "they won't do that".  THAT'S why it was so shocking to me.

- The @~~*Meera*[email protected]  moment was the first real emotional moment in a LONG time for me in this show.  Everything had been fading to black in terms of seeing real and actual emotion on GOT.  That's why it struck me.

- The two things can't really be compared, IMHO

Yes I have never felt a moment like that in a show. Mainly because in the book I though Bran and Meera would be super cute together. And I felt all that hope lost when she just was able to walk away freely. I felt like I had my book hope dashed lol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cried when watching the scene...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who TOTALLY hated Ellaria.   I mean HATE, HATE, HATE! The only thing Cersei ever did that I think I liked was getting revenge on that bitch for killing Marcella (and incidentally the only time I felt sorry for Cersei was when Marcella died).

How's your nose?  OJ, man, that's gotta burn!

I hear you, I loathe Ellaria.

I'm glad to see so much appreciation for Meera, such an underrated character. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

On 8/8/2017 at 8:44 PM, Iron Mother said:

Meera needs mega ups appreciation.  She dragged Bran all over the Always Winter and lost her brother... when Hodor died she got him back to Winterfell totally on her own.  It was so sad to see her sadness when leaving Bran.  Who did not get a pang of heartbreak for her!

@~~*Meera*[email protected]

I love Meera. It's sad how Bran treated her. But I figure Bran is thinking the sooner he breaks her heart and is rude to her, the further down the road she will be when the Night King arrives at Winterfell. Bran has a deep debt to Meera.

Edited by Stark_in_Winterfell
not finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron Mother said:

- The @~~*Meera*[email protected]  moment was the first real emotional moment in a LONG time for me in this show.  Everything had been fading to black in terms of seeing real and actual emotion on GOT.  That's why it struck me.

i agree wholeheartedly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now