will jon and dany marry?

starklover

4 minutes ago, Takiedevushkikakzvezdy said:

The Dany/Jon romance train goes way too fast, IMO. They only met an episode ago.

We only have nine more episodes.  We don't have time for small talk and coy glances. 

We need it hot and wet!  Stat! ;)

you know... because Fire and Ice makes for warm water. 

Sun rising in the west and setting in the east could be in reference to the Lord of Light being accepted in Westeros, and the followers moving west to be near Dany.  Blood magic was the power used by the witch, blood magic has a role in the Lord of Light's power.

Seas go dry could be in reference to the area from the Shivering Sea to the Bay of Seals freezing under the power of the Night King.

Mountains blow like leaves in the wind is a potential reference to The Wall being destroyed.

All of these things are happening or have a likelihood of happening very soon.  This could mean that she will have a child only after she returns to the west with the followers of the Lord of Light, and engages/defeats the Night King.  At this point it seems only a singularly significant event will convince the people of Westeros to look to the true enemy...the destruction of The Wall would be that significant event.

Personally I hope they don't. It's too cliche for my tastes.

As for what I think the show will do, a marriage pact at the end of the season. To me it is the realistic outcome of this whole "bend the knee" thing Dany goes on about.

17 hours ago, Hodor's Aunt said:

If Jon is the prince who was promized he might have to kill Dany. Would be a pretty lame solution for the story IMO.

If by "the prince who was promised" you're referring to the Azor Ahai story, I think we've already seen three characters who qualify based on the idea that Azor Ahai had to kill the love of his life to become who he was.

Daenerys had to kill Drogo. Tyrion had to kill Shae. And Jon, in a roundabout way, had to kill Ygritte, or at least back a fight in which he knew that Ygritte would be killed.

The dragon has three heads, and apparently, so does Azor Ahai. :)

1 minute ago, Wildling Queen said:

If by "the prince who was promised" you're referring to the Azor Ahai story, I think we've already seen three characters who qualify based on the idea that Azor Ahai had to kill the love of his life to become who he was.

Daenerys had to kill Drogo. Tyrion had to kill Shae. And Jon, in a roundabout way, had to kill Ygritte, or at least back a fight in which he knew that Ygritte would be killed.

Jon killed his mother when he was born.  Tyrion also killed his mother.  Dany killed her mother when she was born as well.

That's the prophecy qualifier, I'll bet money on it. 

I don't think they'll ever get married. It think Jon dies at the end of the tail in some sort of final battle/self sacrifice, but not before he gets Dany pregnant. Dany then takes the thrones and Jon's bastard son will one day become king, just like him.

10 minutes ago, mattnj81 said:

I don't think they'll ever get married. It think Jon dies at the end of the tail in some sort of final battle/self sacrifice, but not before he gets Dany pregnant. Dany then takes the thrones and Jon's bastard son will one day become king, just like him.

That's probably the most plausible plot.

38 minutes ago, Gala said:

That's probably the most plausible plot.

You really think so? And here I thought I had an original idea. At least one of my theories will be proven correct, my previous hundred or so have all been wrong.

2 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

There are some very heavy hints that suggest Dany actually dies. 

Not sayingnJon won't also die, I think he will. 

They all die when the White Walkers take over....

But yeah, Dany I think will die at the end. Jon could I guess. It would be kinda weird for him to die twice in the same series but that's just me.

9 minutes ago, btfu806 said:

But yeah, Dany I think will die at the end. Jon could I guess. It would be kinda weird for him to die twice in the same series but that's just me.

This is the end I see too.  The Long Night is a cleansing process, with very few men and women around for the next attempt at building a good society.  Or something.

5 hours ago, btfu806 said:

I've been thinking the same thing. How does a main character die twice? I don't see it.

6 hours ago, Illiterati said:

This is the end I see too.  The Long Night is a cleansing process, with very few men and women around for the next attempt at building a good society.  Or something.

Didn't Martin say that by the end of the series we would have an explanation of the odd weather on planetos, and the fact that they'venbeen technologically stagnant for thousands of years?

They're totally gonna marry, and the wedding is going to be fabulous! They'll name all their kids Jaenerys Stargaryen, and it'll be an outside spring wedding. Squee!!!

Seriously, though, that would solve their whole 'bend the knee' problem. No knees were harmed in the planning of this politically motivated, incestuous royal wedding.

There are, however, plenty of legitimate reasons why these two need never marry: 1. Jon's claim is stronger than his aunt's Once he finds out, he'll be asking her to bend the knee. 2. Thanks to his parentage, he's Ice and Fire rolled into one, suckas! 3. He said he'd never love again after Ygritte took an arrow to the face. 4. Long distance relationships are hard, especially without airplanes. Yeah, yeah, they have dragons, but have you seen the leg room and meals you get on the back of a dragon? Totally unacceptable. 5. They might just find that they get along as good friends or as family and decide against the incest roulette wheel. 6. Dany has some of that sweet Daario ass waiting for her in Mereen. She is still in love with him, remember.

Archived