Questions that I feel need answering

LindsayLohan

1.  What exactly is Jon's kingdom?  He's KITN, but he was crowned by Northern lords and the lords of the Vale (although Littlefinger abstained).  Robb was crowned in Riverrun and claimed the North and Riverlands, which makes sense, as he's half-Tully.  Catelyn even had an expectation that Lysa would bring the Vale into the war on Robb's behalf. Have the lords of the Vale sworn allegiance to Jon?  Bronze Yohn is still in Winterfell, and seems to be in charge of the military preparation for war. 

2.  What is Jon's seat?  It's been two seasons since Jon made the Lord of Winterfell's apartments ready for Sansa, and he's made it clear that she's the Lady of Winterfell.  When Bran returned, Sansa graciously tried to cede the title to Bran, who declined.  Still, Sansa is apparently the lord of Winterfell, and is Jon's regent while he's away.  Is Jon a king without a castle?  Does he plan to rule from a castle on the Wall (like Stannis in the novels).  Sansa isn't a castellan, Jon has made it clear Winterfell is for Starks. 

3.  Are we ever going to discuss the Dragonstone sausage party?  At some point, you've got an island, the Unsullied, and a claimed 100,000 Dothraki warriors.  Oh, and Missandei....   Yeah.  I feel like this is the biggest plot hole since Violet Smurf.

1.  I believe his Kingdom only includes the North, and that the Vale, while aligned with him against the white walkers and as such potentially considered rebels to Cersei, remain independent.  He actually be King in the North and of the Vale, but the same way the show dropped references to the Rhoynar (instead being just "the Andals and the First Men").

2.  He is a king without a castle, yet has the authority to choose any castle as his seat.  He has chosen not to take winterfell and leave that for the Stark family, though the Lord/Lady of Winterfell is no longer necessarily a Lord Paramount as now they answer to Jon.

3. LOL I imagine all of the Dothraki females are there too, we just don't see them lifting boats and such.  Maybe we will see some Dothraki ladies serving a meal for Jon and Dany soon, or hopefully one giving Tyrion the, uhh, relief he probably needs.

His seat is at Winterfell right now, but honestly I don't think it's an especially important question at the moment. Winter has arrived and they're preparing for a war. As for his Kingdom, I don't think it includes the Vale, but of course that isn't exactly spelled out.

But speaking of the Vale, what's really criminal is the portrayal of Bronze Yohn Royce. I just cringe whenever that actor opens his mouth. 

1 hour ago, LindsayLohan said:

1.  What exactly is Jon's kingdom?  He's KITN, but he was crowned by Northern lords and the lords of the Vale (although Littlefinger abstained).  Robb was crowned in Riverrun and claimed the North and Riverlands, which makes sense, as he's half-Tully.  Catelyn even had an expectation that Lysa would bring the Vale into the war on Robb's behalf. Have the lords of the Vale sworn allegiance to Jon?  Bronze Yohn is still in Winterfell, and seems to be in charge of the military preparation for war. 

2.  What is Jon's seat?  It's been two seasons since Jon made the Lord of Winterfell's apartments ready for Sansa, and he's made it clear that she's the Lady of Winterfell.  When Bran returned, Sansa graciously tried to cede the title to Bran, who declined.  Still, Sansa is apparently the lord of Winterfell, and is Jon's regent while he's away.  Is Jon a king without a castle?  Does he plan to rule from a castle on the Wall (like Stannis in the novels).  Sansa isn't a castellan, Jon has made it clear Winterfell is for Starks. 

3.  Are we ever going to discuss the Dragonstone sausage party?  At some point, you've got an island, the Unsullied, and a claimed 100,000 Dothraki warriors.  Oh, and Missandei....   Yeah.  I feel like this is the biggest plot hole since Violet Smurf.

It's funny bc I've been asking myself these questions for a long time. First of all, Sansa discovered that Bran was 100% alive, so he, as the rightful heir, should be Lord of Winterfell, and not her, since he comes before her, that's why she says that line (it's the way to address that plothole from last season). At least, they addressed that.

My theory has been that the titles are not separated, since the Starks have been either Lords or Kings, but I don't recall that they have been noth things (I could be wrong). In this sceneario, Sansa is only LOF as if she was Queen in the North, meaning that she is in charge while Jon is away, but there is only one title. That's exactly what happened when Robb was KITN (there was no other Lord of Winterfell, in fact Bran was Lord in charge while he was away).

Some people say there are two titles. But then I ask them....do they share the same castle? And they say that this is no longer an issue since Jon will be away from Wf all the season and when he returns he will quickly discover he isnot from the Stark family tree or either he will submit the North to Daenerys, meaning that KITN title willdisappear and Sansa will be Lady of Winterfell. It's weird.

The North and seemingly the Vale has declared for Jon and the North. Who could blame them, Robin Arryn is a Doofus and LF is "Dead Man Walking". The Riverland is like No man's Land, torn to pieces by the War of the % Kings, I doubt that the Lannisters will leave forces there now and that will make the Riverlands up for grabs or another uprising.

Well, Winterfell is seemingly the main gathering point to defend from the imminent invasion. Bran is looking at the big picture and is essential to the fight for the living so he is focusing on The Night's King, his visions and how to use them effectively to protect the living people. Jon is doing the same with his abilities and by being made KITN, is using that authority as well.

It seems that all of the Dothraki have come to the Mainland and are effectively surrounding King's Landing after last week. Trade too and from KL by land is controlled by Dany now.

7 hours ago, Pecan said:

His seat is at Winterfell right now, but honestly I don't think it's an especially important question at the moment. Winter has arrived and they're preparing for a war. As for his Kingdom, I don't think it includes the Vale, but of course that isn't exactly spelled out.

I guess I just find that frustrating.  In Season 2 it was exactly spelled out.  In a great moment of exposition, Robb opened a map and gave his peace terms (for Cersei) to Alton Lannister, and it included renouncing any dominion over the North and Riverlands, forever.  BAM KINGDOM ESTABLISHED.  Now it's a muddled clusterfuck.  LF is Robert Arryn's regent/protector, did not proclaim Jon KITN, but states he did "declare for the Starks".  Meanwhile all the Vale lords proclaimed Jon king.  WHAT THE FACK IS HAPPENING?  If Jon is King of the Vale, show us.  If he's not, but they've declared for him, does this mean the Vale proclaims it's independence from the Iron Throne?  Is Sweetrobin a fucking king now?  Or is he a Stark bannerman?

Come on, D&D.  Get your shit together.

Archived