Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Thread [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

LoL. Fresh off seeing the bashing of the talks for a LoTR tv series, I click on a new thread and see "new Star Wars trilogy announced" followed by the inevitable "oh no, I'm so tired of Star Wars " . Everything gets shat on here.

Anyway, I like the idea a lot. I am most interested in seeing Last Jedi to see how well ( or not) that's been done by Johnson, feels like it could go either way with some of the characters in terms of the direction he's taken them in. Still, 3 new SW films in an unexplored part of the universe? Could be very good.

• 2 weeks later...

What the hell? This was on page 3? Where's the hype? Less than 3 weeks until a new Star Wars!!!!!! 

To my shame, I probably won't watch it on opening night (cowers form the thrown bottles and insults of the True Believers). Instead I'll watch it the first business day after it comes out during work hours. Screw you crowds!

38 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

What the hell? This was on page 3? Where's the hype? Less than 3 weeks until a new Star Wars!!!!!! 

To my shame, I probably won't watch it on opening night (cowers form the thrown bottles and insults of the True Believers). Instead I'll watch it the first business day after it comes out during work hours. Screw you crowds!

I am completely unhyped by this movie right now. Re watched force awakens and realising how utterly forgettable it is hasn’t helped.

9 minutes ago, Eggegg said:

I am completely unhyped by this movie right now. Re watched force awakens and realising how utterly forgettable it is hasn’t helped.

So you've watched TFA at least twice? Damn you Disney! Getting money from people who don't even want to watch your movies. (Shakes fist at the unforgiving galaxy)

3 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

So you've watched TFA at least twice? Damn you Disney! Getting money from people who don't even want to watch your movies. (Shakes fist at the unforgiving galaxy)

I’m always going to be a Star Wars fan boy! The idea of sitting down and being able to watch a new Star Wars movie on netflix was amazing. The end result was pretty disappointing though 

1 minute ago, Eggegg said:

I’m always going to be a Star Wars fan boy! The idea of sitting down and being able to watch a new Star Wars movie on netflix was amazing. The end result was pretty disappointing though 

You didn't like Rogue One? As far as I know The Force Awakens has yet to be released on Netflix, in any country.

And as a fan boy I am hyped for only the 9th installment in 40 years on general principle.

We’ve got it here in the uk. 

I quite liked rogue one and it’s certainly better than Force Awakens.

The past couple of decades have dampened my expectations, I now understand that something isn’t good simply because it has a Star Wars label attached to it

11 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You didn't like Rogue One? As far as I know The Force Awakens has yet to be released on Netflix, in any country.

And as a fan boy I am hyped for only the 9th installment in 40 years on general principle.

What Eggegg says is true, The Force Awakens s available on U.K. Netflix. Very happy about this, will be sitting down for a rewatch this week.

Im excited for the new film. I was hugely annoyed when my friends suggested going to see it together on opening night but fortunately those plans felL through due to work obligations so I will now be going along instead :) 

(this is totally sincere btw, much as it might sound like sarcasm. I hate going to the cinema with other people, ruining my experience)

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

What Eggegg says is true, The Force Awakens s available on U.K. Netflix. Very happy about this, will be sitting down for a rewatch this week.

Yeah, I believed Eggegg. That's why I called for an invasion of the British Empire. Out of pure jealousy.

5 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Yeah, I believed Eggegg. That's why I called for an invasion of the British Empire. Out of pure jealousy.

Netflix Canada has had Force Awakens since three months after the film released.

Gasp! You all didn't just buy the DVD?

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

(this is totally sincere btw, much as it might sound like sarcasm. I hate going to the cinema with other people, ruining my experience)

You're doing it right. I had a friend talk to me the entire duration of The Fellowship of the Ring. That's not an exaggeration. He talked the entire film. The only reason to go with friends is to use them as a buffer between you and strangers. I went by myself to TFA thinking I got lucky to have empty seats around me only to have a family full of kids surround me once the film started.

7 minutes ago, Astromech said:

Gasp! You all didn't just buy the DVD?

You're doing it right. I had a friend talk to me the entire duration of The Fellowship of the Ring. That's not an exaggeration. He talked the entire film. The only reason to go with friends is to use them as a buffer between you and strangers. I went by myself to TFA thinking I got lucky to have empty seats around me only to have a family full of kids surround me once the film started.

In Fellowship, my brother complained and moaned about two things in literally the first 5-10 minutes. After the second, I just turned to him and quietly said "Shut... the fuck... up".

That effectively solved the problem. There was no way I was going to let him ruin the experience by moaning all the way through.

Archived