Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Thread [SPOILERS]

Corvinus85

On 10/24/2017 at 9:05 PM, Lady Darry said:

You mean this leak

Reveal hidden contents

her being a chosen one like Anakin? I don't like it and hope it doesn't happen...What was the point of 1-6 if it turns out that Anakin failed?

Yes, that one.  It's not that Rey is "another" chosen one either; it's that she is the chosen one.  She is Anakin reborn.  Luke basically confirms it in the trailer.

On 10/25/2017 at 2:05 PM, Lady Darry said:

You mean this leak

Reveal hidden contents

her being a chosen one like Anakin? I don't like it and hope it doesn't happen...What was the point of 1-6 if it turns out that Anakin failed?

They don't seem too concerned with the arcs from the previous films.

I mean, what they essentially did with Han in The Force Awakens was act like his 3-movie OT arc didn't mean jack, just so they could go the absolute laziest, boringest route possible with the character and reset him back to exactly where he was at the beginning of Episode IV.

Similar deal with Luke really. 

Disney Turning the Screws on Small Theaters Regarding The Last Jedi

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/11/07/world/disney-s-star-wars-terms-financial-burden-small-theaters?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

/The Mouse has become more powerful than I could possibly imagine...

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Disney Turning the Screws on Small Theaters Regarding The Last Jedi

https://www.marketplace.org/2017/11/07/world/disney-s-star-wars-terms-financial-burden-small-theaters?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

/The Mouse has become more powerful than I could possibly imagine...

I guess two billion for TFA wasn't enough. They're going for the record.

Nice, I guess? I'm not sure I need that much Star Wars. Thinking about it the thing I'd most like this mysterious new trilogy to be is Episodes I-III. They could keep McGregor, Portman, Jackson and Neeson if they were willing to come back. But just tell a story that doesn't suck and that sticks to what was established in the original trilogy. With better dialogue.

It'd almost certainly mean consigning Clone Wars to "legends" status along with the Lucas prequels, but It'd be worth it. Plus we could get Ahsoka in Episodes II and III instead. 

But yeah I'm not getting my hopes up. 

4 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Listen to Reys lines and then Lukes with that in mind in the newest trailer.

You mean

About how he'd seen her level of power before and it didn't scare him enough? I thought he was taking about Kylo. I mean that line referring to Anakin would have made sense coming from Obi-Wan, but I don't think it does from Luke. Luke was afraid of Vader.

2 hours ago, RumHam said:

You mean

Hide contents

About how he'd seen her level of power before and it didn't scare him enough? I thought he was taking about Kylo. I mean that line referring to Anakin would have made sense coming from Obi-Wan, but I don't think it does from Luke. Luke was afraid of Vader.

Was he?  He isn't very scared in Empire up until Vader has already kicked his ass, in fact he's actually pretty cocky.  He certainly isn't afraid of him in Jedi at all.

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

Hide contents

Was he?  He isn't very scared in Empire up until Vader has already kicked his ass, in fact he's actually pretty cocky.  He certainly isn't afraid of him in Jedi at all.

Even if you think Luke wasn't afraid of the guy who killed Obi-Wan right in front of him, I think the cave scene on Dagobah makes it pretty clear that Luke is afraid of Vader. And that's before he finds out Vader is his father.

Obi Wan has been rumoured as a potential trilogy star for a while. Not sure he got up to three films worth of stuff between eps III and IV.

I guess Rian Johnson has something pretty big in mind to be handed a trilogy. It also suggests Disney were really impressed with his work on Episode VIII. Could just be that they didn't have to fire him or do reshoots as seems to be common with star wars disney. Still to give him a trilogy off a film that has yet to be received by movie goers is a show of confidence. Usually you wait until the director proves themself or has a lot of cred before handing them a trilogy. I guess they can always fire him still if the new film is universally hated still.

I guess we need to examine Episode VIII closely as I suspect there may be hints at what the triology will be about in the new installment. Maybe there'll be mention of something from the past (akin to the Episode III backstory of Darth Plagueis) or something that could be span out as a side story adventure in the "present"?

20 hours ago, Werthead said:

You know, I used to think that I'd never be tired of Star Wars movies, but at this rate I'm soon going to be.

49 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

You know, I used to think that I'd never be tired of Star Wars movies, but at this rate I'm soon going to be.

I keep saying that I'm tired of all these superhero movies, yet I keep watching them. The mouse knows its business.

Archived