Corvinus

Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Thread [SPOILERS]

286 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Quite frankly the new movies need him or someone like him to inject something more into the movies.  Themes, actual ideas, something that ties together with previous stories.  Hell just have someone study Campbell for a few months.  Someone with a plan.  If it is him just keep him away from directing or dialogue.

Can not agree with this statement more, especially concerning dialogue.

34 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Quite frankly the new movies need him or someone like him to inject something more into the movies.  Themes, actual ideas, something that ties together with previous stories.  Hell just have someone study Campbell for a few months.  Someone with a plan.  If it is him just keep him away from directing or dialogue.

Yes, one of the most frustrating statements I ever heard was from Rian Johnson after TLJ came out and he suggested that JJ could just change all the revelations in Ep IX.  The fact that the new trilogy was created without an overall plan was distressing to me.

They did that with the OG trilogy though. Leia being Luke sister was pretty much a last min lol thing.

2 hours ago, Astromech said:

Can not agree with this statement more, especially concerning dialogue.

You liked the dialogue in the prequels?

1 minute ago, The BlackBear said:

You liked the dialogue in the prequels?

By saying "can not agree more" it means that he concurs that Lucas should stay away from dialogue.

51 minutes ago, Rhom said:

By saying "can not agree more" it means that he concurs that Lucas should stay away from dialogue.

I didn't see the more. Sorry, basic reading comprehension failed me there.