Corvinus

Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Thread [SPOILERS]

286 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Quite frankly the new movies need him or someone like him to inject something more into the movies.  Themes, actual ideas, something that ties together with previous stories.  Hell just have someone study Campbell for a few months.  Someone with a plan.  If it is him just keep him away from directing or dialogue.

Can not agree with this statement more, especially concerning dialogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Quite frankly the new movies need him or someone like him to inject something more into the movies.  Themes, actual ideas, something that ties together with previous stories.  Hell just have someone study Campbell for a few months.  Someone with a plan.  If it is him just keep him away from directing or dialogue.

Yes, one of the most frustrating statements I ever heard was from Rian Johnson after TLJ came out and he suggested that JJ could just change all the revelations in Ep IX.  The fact that the new trilogy was created without an overall plan was distressing to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They did that with the OG trilogy though. Leia being Luke sister was pretty much a last min lol thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Astromech said:

Can not agree with this statement more, especially concerning dialogue.

You liked the dialogue in the prequels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The BlackBear said:

You liked the dialogue in the prequels?

By saying "can not agree more" it means that he concurs that Lucas should stay away from dialogue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Rhom said:

By saying "can not agree more" it means that he concurs that Lucas should stay away from dialogue.

I didn't see the more. Sorry, basic reading comprehension failed me there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now