Theories about Jaime Lannister

Matthew.wu1997

1 hour ago, Lurid Jester said:

I honestly don't see Jamie playing a big role in Dany or Jon's story. i definitely don't see him as a secret Targ or a dragon rider.  I'm also not entirely sold that there even will be a third Targ. 

If anything, I'm leaning toward Bran being a dragon rider via warging. 

He will, after all, fly. 

I'd kind of like to see Jaime impressed by Dany the same way as he was impressed by Brienne. Jaime captured again and he gets to see Dany in action. Lady Olenna did tell him, that one day he will realize that Cersei was no good for him. I secretly even want Jamie to turn against Cersei at some point.

Mind you, I only started watching the series two months ago, decided to watch them all in row and I finished watching the season 6 in middle of July, July 14th to be exact. I was confused because I could only find some special broadcast of season 7. I thought the show was already aired long ago. But no, the season 7 would start only 2 days later! I've never read the books and I've missed all talk and speculations about the story, I've missed many details, too, when catching up with the episodes. :D

It's three eyed crow in the book because Bloodraven was a brother of the nights watch.  He was a Targ bastard named Brynden Rivers and his nickname was due to a birthmark that looked like a red raven.  

Bran warged and basically lobotomized Hodor in the past so I'm willing to bet he's powerful enough to warg a dragon.  

The full extent of his power could literally be anything at this point. We've only seen a smattering.  I think he represents 1 of three powers. The other two are the night king and Rhyllor. 

6 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

It's three eyed crow in the book because Bloodraven was a brother of the nights watch.  He was a Targ bastard named Brynden Rivers and his nickname was due to a birthmark that looked like a red raven.  

Bran warged and basically lobotomized Hodor in the past so I'm willing to bet he's powerful enough to warg a dragon.  

The full extent of his power could literally be anything at this point. We've only seen a smattering.  I think he represents 1 of three powers. The other two are the night king and Rhyllor. 

Your point of view doesn't contradict with mine, I know he is bloodraven and how he get his nickname. But it's a symbol. There is no coincidence, cause this is a madeup story ,everything happened for a reason. He wouldn't have a birthmark just like a raven for no reason, his birthmark led to his nickname , and his nickname led to his new name three-eyed-raven/crow. And ravens and crows are only a slightly different, otherwise the TV series wouldn't change it. It must mean something more.

Yes I do believe three-eyed-raven is very powerful, he represents the power of the old gods

I always thought Jamie and Cersei were Targs. Aery's was obsessed with Tywin's wife, Aery's wife thought it suitable to dismiss her from court, the twins indulged in incest, Cersei displayed an attraction to flames and a certain level of madness. 

Then there is the irony that the one child Tywin hated was infavt his only true born son. The other irony that the king Jamie slew after being ordered to kill his father was in fact his father. 

Dany vs Cersei vs Jon. The three rulers of Westeros are Targs. 

There is a lot there to work with 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

I always thought Jamie and Cersei were Targs. Aery's was obsessed with Tywin's wife, Aery's wife thought it suitable to dismiss her from court, the twins indulged in incest, Cersei displayed an attraction to flames and a certain level of madness. 

Then there is the irony that the one child Tywin hated was infavt his only true born son. The other irony that the king Jamie slew after being ordered to kill his father was in fact his father. 

Dany vs Cersei vs Jon. The three rulers of Westeros are Targs. 

There is a lot there to work with 

I like this line of thinking.... a little bit of an Oedipus twist with Jamie and the Mad King. You may have changed my mind....

you're right. It's a made up story and there are no coincidences.  Everything happens for a reason, even if that reason is a feint or a red herring to distract us. 

It could be that bran will only fly as the new 3ER.  my point was in response to jamie being a secret Targ or dragon rider.  I just don't see it.  He's kind of a horrible person with a few good qualities and I'll be disappointed if he rides a dragon.  As a result I suggested an alternative.  

31 minutes ago, Lurid Jester said:

you're right. It's a made up story and there are no coincidences.  Everything happens for a reason, even if that reason is a feint or a red herring to distract us. 

It could be that bran will only fly as the new 3ER.  my point was in response to jamie being a secret Targ or dragon rider.  I just don't see it.  He's kind of a horrible person with a few good qualities and I'll be disappointed if he rides a dragon.  As a result I suggested an alternative.  

It's a common fantasy device that one must be "pure of heart" to ride this dragon, wield that sword, etc.  I don't think that's the case in GRRM's world.  How many characters are 100% good?

10 hours ago, Matthew.wu1997 said:

Hi guys, after watching episode 4, I believe that Jaime is half blood Targaryen, Azor Ahai and the third head of the dragon. Here are the reasons, some of them have discussed before, I hope you have patience to read them all.

1. Not like Tywin, both Jaime and Cersei have incredible beauty, and Cersei show hints that she loves flames and used them to kill enemies. Also,they have an uncontrollable affection between each other and they incest,which is not a strange thing in Targaryen tradition. It's said that "When a Targaryen is born, the gods flip the coin" Jaime and Cersei represent the two opposite personality of Targaryen, great or mad. They are children of the mad king and Joanna Lannister, the wife of Tywin. However , Tyrion has wits and a sharp tongue just like Tywin. He is a true Lannister although his father refused to admit it and despised him cause his ugly looks and disgrace he brought to his family name . Tywin could never abide being laughed at. That was the thing he hated most. It would be ironic yet dramatic that both Jaime and Tyrion killed their own father. Jaime once dreamed about his mother Joanna (it's in the book), her eyes were green, her hair spun gold just like the twins, and she told him "We all dream of things we cannot have. Tywin dreamed that his son would be a great knight, that his daughter would be a queen. He dreamed they would be so strong and brave and beautiful that no one would ever laugh at them.” This indicated that Tywin was wrong, although Jaime and Cersei became mighty knight and queen, the biggest irony is that they are not his children at all. And his only son,Tyrion, brought him not glory but shame(in his point of view)

2.According to prophecy, "When the red star bleeds and the darkness gathers,He shall be born again amidst smoke and salt" matches when he fall into water in a burning battle field . The bleeding red star is the injured drogon(it's dark red, flying and heating like a star), and darkness is the doomed atmosphere and the heavy smoke. Salt probably means water or the tears shedded from the dying soldiers

3."He shall draw from the fire a burning sword, Lightbringer" remember that his sword and Brienne's sword are a pair of valyrian swords melted and reforged from Ned Stark's "ICE". Although Joffrey defiled  and named one of them "widow's wail", it's not the sword's true name . Brienne's sword is called Oathkeeper , anyone notice that it's parallelism with Lightbringer? The bonds between the two is strong, so does the knights who hold them. Actually, Jaime's another dream (not in the show as well), did show that he and Brienne were holding flaming swords, and they were going to fight the "doom" in the darkness. I believe one day Oathkeeper and Lightbringer will fight together against the common enemy, and fulfill it's glorious mission. 

4. According to the prophecy again, in order to made his sword , Azor Ahai captured a lion and tried to drove the sword into its heart, but the sword shattered. The lion is tyrion, and he was in dungeon, about to die. But Jaime hesitated and changed his mind. He let him go. Finally , Azor Ahai drove the sword into his wife Nissa Nissa's heart and the Lightbringer was made. Cersei is  Nissa Nissa, by killing her , Jaime will finally become the hero he should be

5.In the Valyrian dictionary, Valyrian words for lord and light are "aeksio" and "onos". But Valyrian words for gold and hand are "aeksion" and "ondos" . Maybe the words become slightly different due to ages of mistranslation, if so, it's a big hint telling that Jaime may save the day

6.Here's another proof I just discovered: Melisandre also predicted that Azor Ahai will "wake dragon(s) out of stone" (Melisandre talked of the stone dragon in both the singular and the plural). Do you recall any character had said similar things before? Viserys. He warned Dany not to wake the dragon. Although he was not a dragon at all, it indicated that it is a figure of speech, "dragon" can be a person. Then who is the stone dragon ? A dragon waken from "STONE", Jaime Lannister from Casterly "ROCK" !!!  What's more, Lannister's leaders called themselves "King of the Rock" before Aegon's conquest.  A vision Dany had in the House of Undying also tells that "from a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire". Jaime is half Targaryen half Lannister, "the stone beast took wing" perfectly explains that he will transform from a lion into a dragon. Shadow and fire are two main symbols of the Red God as well.He will finally know who he really is, Targaryen blood flows through his body, realizing that he should take responsibility for saving the world, he will abandon his duty as a Lannister, and become Azor Ahai the hero, a true dragon. (The reason why Melisandre's prediction sometimes say "stone dragons" is that Cersei is actually a Targaryen living in Casterly Rock as well, but she probably won't wake up from the dark side and become a hero)

Jaime has the most complex yet interesting character in GOT, he has gone through things much more than Jon and Dany, he killed his own king, despised by the Starks, only to save Kingslanding from wildfire, and I think he will fight white walkers till the end of his life to save the whole kingdom. He is the "Severus Snape" in this story. Saving Westeros from fire and ice, he could be another meaning of "The Song of Ice and Fire"

Please comment below if you have any doubts

Sources: the internet ,my imagination

You sound like a crazy person, but I like the parts about Larry and Tyrion both killing their dads, and Larry killing Carol. 

7 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

As I said, greenseeing is more difficult than warging, and Bran already knew how to warg before three-eyed-raven taught him. The three-eyed-raven told him greenseeing, that's what Bran is going to use to change the war. And I don't think Jaime will ride a dragon as well,  there are no dragons left for him to ride (there are rumors about Dany will lose a dragon in this season)

About Jaime's character, I think directors and screenwriting made a mistake in not showing the conflict between Jaime and Cersei . In the books, Jaime already had been a bit sick of her, he burnt her rescue letter she wrote before the trial when his was attacking Riverrun.

7 hours ago, Illiterati said:

I like this line of thinking.... a little bit of an Oedipus twist with Jamie and the Mad King. You may have changed my mind....

Yes, I can sense that GRRM uses a lot of Greek tragedy plots in this story. "We all dream of things we cannot have" Robert Baratheon dreamed of wiping out all Targs to secure his reign, Dany dreamed of her son growing up being a handsome, great conqueror, Cat and Rob dreamed of defeating the Lannisters, Stannis dreamed of being the rightful king and lied to himself being Azor Ahai, and Tywin dreamed of his children would bring honor and glory to make him proud…

Archived