Should episode 4 have been the perfect time to kill Jaime off with dragon fire?

mystickristoff

No. There was some dramatic music and all, but the timing wasn't right. 

It would have been a heroic move if he died and succeeded, now it's cool to say it was stupid yet brave, because he survived . But if he died and failed it would have just been that, stupid.

I can understand why he tried though. 

On 8/10/2017 at 9:02 AM, mystickristoff said:

With maybe some dramatic music, slow-mo charging with the spear, and the background we would hear the Mad King scream "burn them all!, burn them all!burn them all!"

I think the mad kings burn them all thing should have come up at some point during that battle.

Nah, he still has his redeeming storyline to finish. There's so few characters left with most of them having unfinished storylines that it sucks all the excitement out of the show imo. The only person in danger in that battle was Bronn. Other pointless characters are Littlefinger and Varys, but the latter was saved by Melisandre's line of him dying later. So it's a season full of stuff that affects no one really.

No. I would've been so pissed if he died.

He still has a big enough role in the story and it would be kinda weird for him to die now. He's got some more story left to tell in the series(I think, or at least hope, he's going to kill or go against cersei or something). And it's definitely a tale to tell. If he died it would be something stupid he did. Like Scissorhands said I kinda understand why he tried. I think this scene was a testament to how brave and badass Jaime is

Bronn should have died, but I knew that wasn't going to happen when they took him to Dorne without consequence.  He'll have some D&D quip in the last episode's epilogue.

I get why, though, they won't kill him.  Other than the fact he's a fan-favorite and they loove him, Jaime doesn't have Illyn Payn or anyone else to talk to that isn't Cersei.  The role is going to Bronn.

On 8/12/2017 at 5:44 AM, MakeThemBurn said:

Nah, he still has his redeeming storyline to finish. There's so few characters left with most of them having unfinished storylines that it sucks all the excitement out of the show imo. The only person in danger in that battle was Bronn. Other pointless characters are Littlefinger and Varys, but the latter was saved by Melisandre's line of him dying later. So it's a season full of stuff that affects no one really.

Are you freaking kidding me?. This guy has been one of the most selfish evil bastards in the story. Redeeming storyline?, unless is killing Cersei and then himself, this guy has no redeeming storyline that would make sense. He has no honor and has been mostly an evil tool that Cersei has used. The only truly good thing i saw him do was saving Brienne twice from the Boltons, that's it. And i dont know why he did it, maybe he felt like he owed her or something. And dont give me that he sent brienne to look for the Stark girls, he didnt give a crap about that, he mostly did it to get Brienne out of King's landing, saving her life since Cersei was feeling threaten by her. Im sure the show runners will try to make a redeeming ending for him eventhough it wont make sense but im sure they will try. Guy has been an ass, and as he told Edmure Tully, he would kill and do anything to be with Cersei. I laugh at some trying to pass this guy as good guy with some faults. He might not be cruel for the sake of being cruel ala jeoffrey, but from the beginning when he threw Bran out of that tower, his true colors have been shown, evil bastard that only care about shagging Cersei

Archived