Someone to make Sansa happy in the end?...

weirwood woman

I hadn't given it much thought until the last episode but it occurred to me that maybe just maybe there IS someone out there that could fulfill the role of a man suitable for Sansa. Has anyone considered that Dickon Tarly has qualities and the right social standing for a match with Sansa? Ok so maybe not right now but he does seem a bit of a knight in shining armour that is the heir to a great house and he actually seems a nice guy once he is away from his overbearing father. If she loses her place as Lady of Winterfell and all the wars are fought and won and their world gets back to some semblance of peace....well, it was just a thought. Did any one else see a match somehow there??? Stranger things have happened!

Yeah, I can't see that.

TBH, I honestly don't think Sansa is looking for that type of love or anything anymore. She has her family, she's Lady of Winterfell (even when Jon is back, she's still Lady of Winterfell considering KitN and LoW are very different titles), I don't think falling madly in love with a Southron Lord is her gig anymore. 

I mean, I ship Sansa and Happiness, but I can't really see her paired with anyone. I do love reading SansaxJaime and SansaxJon fics though so maybe.....

Sansa imo is emotionally dead, meaning she might marry for political reasons or stay alone. I just don't see her falling in love ever again. Book Sansa kinda strikes me the same though to far lesser extent.

Arya (some mention her) is a free bird, in both book and series. I can't picture her being settled down, at all. Not even for political reasons. 

3 hours ago, Mother of Mini Dragons said:

I don't see Sansa getting married in the end of this, I think it's more likely that Arya would get married to someone like Gendry. I think Sansa is probably really done with the whole marriage thing.

And I think the exact opposite.  Arya is damaged, in a deep down, soul harming way.  Currently, Arya can murder one person at a time, or she can poison an entire room.  I cannot see her settling down at all and she has Brienne as a mentor example for how a fierce woman could be.  Actually, I think Arya, Brienne, and Lyanna Mormont should be BFFs :-)  Sansa might still be able to love someone.  

My personal opinion, I don't believe they will go that route. It seems this story loves to showcase female empowerment and evolution throughout the series from weakness to strength. Ending with a man to make Sansa happy is counter productive to this in my mind, I think it would be more empowering for her to find happiness without the need for a male or marriage, completing her transition from doe eyed little girl to strong Stark women.

That being said, if there was a question for a good match for Sansa, I think Dickon seems to be an excellent choice from what I have seen so far, but what about Gendry as well?

I'm not sure where I stand on Sansa right now in terms of this. I agree Sansa S1-3 would have been great with Dickon.

I do want to see her happy by the end, I'm not sure she will end up with anyone. If I was going to ship her though it would be the Hound.   

Archived