Someone to make Sansa happy in the end?...

weirwood woman

I feel like in the end Sansa will either stay with Tyrion as his wife, or she will remain single. 

Do not feel like she will marry anyone else. 

If they become real husband and wife, their children will take Casterly rock and Winterfell. 

Just now, purple-eyes said:

I feel like in the end Sansa will either stay with Tyrion as his wife, or she will remain single. 

Do not feel like she will marry anyone else. 

If they become real husband and wife, their children will take Casterly rock and Winterfell. 

He has abandoned his whoremongering ways, maybe he's ready to settle down!

Seriously though, so far her first boyfriend beheaded her father in front of her eyes, tortured and humiliated her for years and for the finale killed her entire family then bragged/humiliated her for it while she was forcefully married to his dwarf uncle. Then she ran away (finally something positive, still hopeful) but was sold like a cattle (to no other avail but shock value for viewers, but still - it happened) only to be raped on a daily basis for months whilst a guy she despised with all her heart was forced to watch. Ofc, that same rapist was also her husband and he terrified her on a daily basis just like Joffrey did. For her life, fear of becoming pregnant,...

Do you really expect such poor soul to open up to a new potential lover? I don't, political marriage with 'no touching' deal like she had with Tyrion? Perhaps, at best. Though considering all that went through, death seems the best, the sweetest option.

Assuming she's one of the survivors, I expect she'll make a political marriage in the end. Here's what she brings to the table: 1) she's a Stark of Winterfell, 2) niece of the Lord of Riverrun, 3) cousin of the Lord of the Vale, 4) sister of Jon Snow (KITN and maybe more than that).

49 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

I hope its Podrick payne. This will potentially reveal the biggest secret in Game of Thrones.

Hide contents

We will find out what he did to them hookers.

I think Brienne deserves to know the secrets Podrick Payne possesses. I don't ship them, but if any woman deserves a good virginity taking, its Brienne. 

I don't think either Sansa or Arya are too "dead inside" to find love or marriage. They're traumatised yes, but still have the potential to recover and build relationships. Sansa would likely be hesitant after her succession of terrible guys, but is more likely to go with an arranged marriage. Arya, I can't see marrying unless it's her choice but on the plus side doesn't come with the romantic baggage and past. 

Agree with everyone that Dickon would have been a good match for old romantic Sansa - I wonder if he's the shows adaptation of Willas Tyrell as the genuinely honourable and chivalrous heir to the Reach. He might be a bit naive and idealistic for present Sansa but he is understanding the truth of war. And he'd be an excellent political match and she'd have authority as Lady of the Reach, a role that would fit her to a T. She may not want to go so far from her family though. 

Gendry would be completely left wing. Putting aside the very obvious fact that he and Arya had romantic teasing and how much it would undermine Arya for him to end with her older sister, he and Sansa aren't very compatible. He's lowborn, has no interest in politics, wouldn't conform to the societal standards Sansa lives by and is very averse/bitter about highborns in general. Arya was the exception given she was a rebel and lived as a lowborn, and even then he struggled with it. He and Sansa couldn't understand each other at all. If he's going to end up with anyone Arya is the only realistic option, the show doesn't have the time to give him a new love interest that will be as satisfying as their relationship built over 2 seasons. (I mean I guess he could turn up with a girl he met on his boat but that seems like a random diversion). And if he does become lord of Storms End and he and Arya have a chance to develop a genuine relationship (that's a big IF, GoT isn't exactly optimistic) then that's literally the only circumstance I can believe Arya might accept an arranged marriage. 

The TV versions of Sansa and Tyrion could be interesting (can't see it working in the books when things are much less amicable). Again it's a good political match, she'd be Lady of Casterly Rock and they may well live at court. They'd be the ultimate political power couple and mentally could match each other. Also nice inverse of Sansa's original handsome knight ideal in "marrying someone for the inside" so to speak. 

Pod - idk, could he really keep up with her? And he doesn't bring any political advantage. But he's a sweetie and maybe Sansa just deserves a good, uncomplicated guy after all this. And she certainly deserves some decent sex. 

JonxSansa is dead. In this episode Sansa was like 'OMG Arya I'm so glad you're here, because Jon was happy to see me, but with you the incest crowd will have something new to go bonkers about'.

Dickon probably only got a name so somebody very, very far away from the Starks gets to say 'Rickon'.

And the Hound is going North, I'd wait for him-Sansa-Arya-Brienne four-way reunion.

1 minute ago, Tianzi said:

JonxSansa is dead. In this episode Sansa was like 'OMG Arya I'm so glad you're here, because Jon was happy to see me, but with you the incest crowd will have something new to go bonkers about'.

The reaction would be different because Arya was an actual sister to Jon, while Sansa and Jon never had a genuine sibling relationship. And cousins in Westeros aren't considered incest. Ned Stark's parents were cousins. Tywin Lannister married his cousin. That's a far cry from siblings or aunt and nephew.

JonxArya was the original book endgame (and I Wonder if Martin was writing Jon-Arya scenes in the first installment - meaning all their scenes together so far with this in mind).

And trust me, their reunion will just reek of incest vibes.

And this forum will explode.

(even though I don't think it will come to fruition)

17 minutes ago, Tianzi said:

JonxArya was the original book endgame (and I Wonder if Martin was writing Jon-Arya scenes in the first installment - meaning all their scenes together so far with this in mind).

And trust me, their reunion will just reek of incest vibes.

And this forum will explode.

(even though I don't think it will come to fruition)

I doubt it, considering this forum is full of people wanting to see Jon paired with Daenerys, and she's his aunt.

And yeah, I knew of that, which is why I suspect that the story was shifted over to Sansa (Especially since a lot of the elements are things we see in Sansa'a storyline rather than Arya's).

Personally, though, I do think it'll come to fruition. There's a ton of textual evidence in the novels to support it, and I feel that the showrunners have been subtly hinting at it with their choices with Jon and Sansa since their reunion.

7 hours ago, elder brother jonothor dar said:

She might never love Ramsey but she will love his child....

Er... no. As has been pointed out, she would at least be showing by now, if not popped a kid out. 

Besides, that's probably too much of a divergence from the source material even for the show that handed Sansa to Ramsey.  

Book sansa might marry Aegon, have a child, then become a widow and rule Winterfell with their child as heir until the end. Another union of ice and fire. "red" ice and "black" fire. Opposite from Jon and Dany (black ice and red fire). 

But since there is no aegon in the show, another option for Sansa can be to marry Jon Snow after Dany dies. Their child can carry Stark name and rule Winterfell. Jon's child by Dany will be a Targ and rule seven kingdoms. 

Dany can't have kids. 

And why are so many people PRO incest? Jesus. 

Disturbing as fuck. 

Incest is an abomination and leads to children with physical and mental birth defects. Don't punish your potential future kids because you're fucked up enough to want to stick your dick in your sister/aunt/cousin/etc

Gendry is outside possibility, mainly because he seems like the one that will end up as Lord of Storm's End when the war is over. I'm basing this more on the books than the show, as the showrunners seem to have mostly written him off. But in the books, he still pops up in the background as part of the BWB and I can't imagine that GRRM introduced him without something in mind.

Archived