Arya character arc

btfu806

3 hours ago, Col Cinders said:

I have nothing to base this on from the show or books but I think she will become a dragon rider and fulfill her childhood dream.

Unlikely. At this point, the show will either have Daenerys as only dragon rider or Dany+Jon.

• 6 months later...

I think that Arya would be some sort of leader.  I thought initially that she would rule the North.  The North is Arya's legacy.  Women are important too and at the moment I think that Arya would rule the Riverlands.  That is also part of her legacy through her mother.  She has Tully blood.  It seems farfetched but it could happen.

It depends on what happens to Edmure and his son (I have no clue if they live or die).  After them, Sansa, Bran, Sweetrobin and Arya are the heirs.  I think that Sansa will rule the North, Sweetrobin is already the ruler of the Vale.  That leaves Bran and Arya to rule.  Arya is the Stark who spent the most time in the Riverlands.  She's seen the misery that happened to the common folk.  She would want to fix that.  In the books even though Arya is not in the Riverlands, there is still a story there.  Brienne, Lady Stoneheart, the Brotherhood, Gendry, Hot Pie, and Nymeria are still there.  All of them are connected with her and I feel that she still has some story to tell in that region.

I know that Arya is unlikely to rule there, but it can happen. 

I know that Arya will fight the White Walkers.  I feel that the story with the White Walkers and the Night King is more Jon's and Bran's story.  i feel that Bran is central to the role of defeating the Night King, more so than Jon. 

• 4 weeks later...

The series is increasingly more disappointing. And not at all true to the books anymore. It became a drivel of silly feminist upgrades (and downgrades on the other end). Arya becomes a super-terminator, Sansa (the dumbest major POV character hand in hand with Victarion) becomes some wise clever lady. Brienne defeats the hound, what a joke... And there are the dornish bastards. They're ~nothing in the books, just angry savage fools, yet here they rule...

On the other hand Jaime is reduced to being a lapdog of Cersei, Euron (maybe the most menacing character) becomes a joke, a caricature, Mance becomes nothing.  Willas, Garland is dumped, only mean old hag is kept.
Etc...

• 8 months later...
On 8/10/2017 at 10:02 AM, btfu806 said:

So, random thing I was thinking/talking about with some friends. What do you all think Arya's character arc is supposed to be in the show now? Generally (I believe at least) the books is about her trying to find her home or "pack" and it seems like in the show, she kinda has? Since she is now back with her family. Does she stay with them and fight WW now (which I don't know if that would make total sense but I get that they are hinting at it with the dagger)? Or is this stop with her family just another stop on her way to finding her true "pack"

Honestly, I can't really make sense of what they have done with her in the show. Is it just me?

Without reading any of the other replies, I'd say that Arya has found her pack.  She is a Stark, along with Sansa, Bran, and Jon/Aegon.   I expect her to stay and fight the WW alongside her family.  She may well wound or kill the Night King with her dagger.  Then she will go south with whomever renews the war with  Cersei.  There her dagger may be involved in bringing down the Mountain.  Maybe also Euron.  (In the books, Euron has Valyrian Steel armor; I wonder if Arya's dagger would go right through that.)  I would not be surprised if Arya takes out Cersei.  She may even wear Cersei's skin for a short time.

On 8/10/2017 at 2:41 PM, btfu806 said:

So you think Cersei will die by Arya? Show and book? If the book, then what about Valonqar? 

Valonqar... can that be male or female?  Arya is the Little Sister of House Stark.

For the books, I think that the Valonqar is either Littlefinger (your little finger is the little brother of your hand) or Arya.

For the show ... Jamie, Arya, or Nymeria are my bets.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:02 AM, RedShirt47 said:

I don't see Arya going south again. I think her story will be in the North from now on. The dagger is a reasonable clue that she will fight the White Walkers. Either in the North if the Wall is breached as in Sandor's vision or beyond the Wall as one of Jon's companions if he ventures out to find the NK.

Looks to me like the whole endgame will center on WinterFell. 

The books and the show look set to diverge on this. Cersei looks set to go north in the show. The books strongly suggest that there is something important in the iron throne itself. Quite possibly the blades were made into Valyerian steel (or a substitute) by Drogon's breath. 

Arya will certainly set off to kill Cersei but I am pretty sure she won't follow through. The Hound will be there for Clegganebowl and is the younger brother of the Mountain, his entire being is defined by being the younger brother. The prophecy is 'THE valonquar', not YOUR valonquar. I can see the Hound strangling Cersei to stop Arya killing her. 

Archived