umm..where is ghost?

House Do'urdan

It's a shame about the Wolves but I think what this demonstrates is how unimportant they actually are to the overall story.

Ghost - Is important because Jon will warg into him for his second life.  To escape that I think Ghost will become the Nissa and will have to die.  Well that didn't happen in the show so although Ghost is still alive the fact is they have no idea how to use him because they're in unchartered territory.

Nymeria - I think she may have a part to play when the Others breach the Wall, in terms of her pack ripping into a load of Wights.  But again that can easily be substituted or ignored.

Summer - I think Summer will die in similar fashion to the show, protecting Bran.

Shaggydog - Name is a give away.  Won't last and isn't important to the plot.

Lady / Grey Wind - Already dead.

1 minute ago, Leto Atreides said:

They missed a huge opportunity by nothing making Ghost go to Dragonstone with Jon Snow. How awesome would that meeting have been? Fire and Ice, each with their mythical creature. 

Visually yes. But Jon already took a big risk, I don't think he would have wanted to put Ghost in danger. It certainly would have made an impression though.

1 hour ago, Leto Atreides said:

They missed a huge opportunity by nothing making Ghost go to Dragonstone with Jon Snow. How awesome would that meeting have been? Fire and Ice, each with their mythical creature. 

Eh?  Dire wolves aren't mythical.  The books definitely have bigger direwolves than we did, but the show seems a bit more in line with the real life animals. 

16 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Eh?  Dire wolves aren't mythical.  The books definitely have bigger direwolves than we did, but the show seems a bit more in line with the real life animals. 

Semantics...

The point is, people go "waaah!?!" when ghost shows up. He's more than a big dog.

On 14/08/2017 at 3:33 PM, Mother of Mini Dragons said:

I think this is a question we need to let go. They have said it time and time again that is more difficult to accurately CGI direwolves than it is the dragons and the dragons are obviously more germane to the current plot. 

Agreed, dont really know why people keep posting these questions, its been answered time and time again.

14 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Agreed, dont really know why people keep posting these questions, its been answered time and time again.

Probably because the answers are unsatisfactory.  Since GoT is one of the biggest money makers for HBO, maybe biggest, spending a few more dollars on rendering fur, even if just for a minute so viewers know the wolf is still around, isn't asking too much.  I think most people would be happy even with just a brief appearance.

17 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

That's where he'd be most useful, what are you talking about?

How so? He can't warg like he can in the books

They aren't fighting humans but undead. Ghost will have the same success Summer did. Wolves attack at the throats but that's basically useless or ineffective on the undead

Archived