Westeros Fantasy Football: Thunderdome 2017-18

Bronn Stone

Sixteen Will Enter.  One will stand triumphant.  Hopefully, NOT Mya (again)

Let me know dates for that are good for you.  I will edit this once other leagues are locked down.

Saturday August 19
Sunday August 20
Monday August 21
Tuesday August 22
Wednesday August 23
Thursday August 24
Friday August 25
Saturday August 26
Sunday August 27
Monday August 28
Tuesday August 29
Wednesday August 30
Thursday August 31
Friday Sept 1
Saturday Sept 2
Sunday Sept 3
Monday Sept 4 (Labor Day) - tentatively held for Experts
Tuesday Sept 5
Wednesday Sept 6

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I might be down to give this a go. Can you explain what type of league this is?

IT. IS. THUNDERDOME!!! 16 ENTER! 1 LEAVES!

No. Really. 16 teams. Snake Draft.  4 divisions.  

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

One of the many things I love about Thunderdome is simply the challenge of fielding something resembling a competitive team week to week.  With 16 teams even that can be difficult.  And injuries?  Yep, good luck with those!

Any dates are good for me except Sept. 4, 5, and 6 (although earlier on Sept. 4 could possibly work). 

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

QB 1
WR 3
RB 1
TE 1
W-R-T 1
K 1
DEF 1
BN 7

The league is fun, but very much a crapshoot with so many teams. Feels like forever for picks to get back to you in the draft, haha.

I'll hold off on deciding which of you gets WJ's slot until I hear if we have another drop.

One of the things that makes this league different is that each team gets assigned a 'traditional rival' whom they play every season during "rivalry week".  So really, my choice is about who gets the pleasure of replacing Whiskeyjack as MY rival.

We have done the Westeros Survivor League in the past wherein the low scorer each week is out, regardless of their previous success.  I like that format a lot but it's a pain to recruit because it really needs 16 people.

The only days I'm doubtful for are:

Friday August 25(W-B's draft)

Saturday August 26(out)

Thursday August 31 (tepidly possible but not likely)
Friday Sept 1 (out)
Saturday Sept 2 (out)
Sunday Sept 3 (out)

The rest of the days look ok at the moment.

I'm going to go with August 29th at 9PM EDT.  We need two teams, so both owners who requested in are in.  PM me so I can send the invite.  As a snake draft, Autodraft actually does a better job with this league than with the Auctions.  Then again, everything does better than Autodraft in an Auction league, even Jaxom.

1 hour ago, Bronn Stone said:

I'm going to go with August 29th at 9PM EDT.  We need two teams, so both owners who requested in are in.  PM me so I can send the invite.  As a snake draft, Autodraft actually does a better job with this league than with the Auctions.  Then again, everything does better than Autodraft in an Auction league, even Jaxom.

Hank Baskett did score me some points that post season, damn it!

On 8/10/2017 at 3:13 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Why not, I'm down to try a new format. I was curious if this was a weekly elimination league, like the lowest score for the week gets relegated to a shame league or something.

PM me and you're in.

Archived