Westeros Fantasy Football: Thunderdome 2017-18

Bronn Stone

24 minutes ago, Week said:

Jace- you are welcome to take my spot if you want in. I'm finding myself in more ancillary (off board) leagues than I had planned for.

I was just joking, I'm well aware that I was late to the party.

6 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I was just joking, I'm well aware that I was late to the party.

You sure? I was a fill in last year, so I haven't been in the league for awhile. 

Not sure how to gauge this team, given the league is 16 teams, but here are the Bartertown Blasters...

QB) Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford, Patrick Mahomes

RB) Marshawn Lynch, Joe Mixon, Chris Carson, Dion Lewis

WR) Micheal Thomas, Rishard Matthews, Sterling Shepard, Marquise Goodwin, Brice Butler

TE) Martellus Bennett, O.J. Howard

K)Sebastian Janikowski

Def) Kansas City

Pretty rough methinks. Relying heavily on rookie RBs that may or may not get the job. Not a good WR corp at all. Could be a long season here.

Not really sure about my team, either.

QB - Cam Newton (Mike Glennon)

WR - Antonio Brown, Devante Parker, Zay Jones (Ted Ginn Jr., Cole Beasley, Curtis Samuel)

RB - Ty Montgomery, Rob Kelley (Darren McFadden, Derrick Henry, CJ Prosise)

TE - Rob Gronkowski

K - Caleb Sturgis

DST - Tampa Bay

QB - Carson Palmer (Alex Smith, Tom Savage)
WR - Dez, Crab, A-Rob (John Brown, Jaron Brown, Cooper Kupp)
RB - Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman (Rex Burk, J-Stew)
TE - Kyle Rudolph

K - Succop
DEF - Cincy

I felt pretty good about the squad -- I missed out on Hunt (damn you POTN! ..IIRC) and a few moments where I wanted to grab either Mariota or Dak. So, while ending up with Palmer was not the plan, I do think it'll be ok -- especially with Alex Smith as a capable fill-in (for a 16-team league).

Yahoo seems to have a less positive view...

Despite a Formidable Set of WRs, Bear Island Bears Couldn't Do This Poorly Again if They Tried

Draft Summary

Whatever strategy Bear Island Bears used to build this team, it should be thrown out, because it didn't work. Picking 14th, they struggled to piece together a competitive team and as a result, are projected to finish 16th in Westeros Football Thunderdome League with a record of 1-12-0 (1,429 points). They went after the diva position early, using three of their first five selections on WRs Dez Bryant (second round), Michael Crabtree (third round), and Allen Robinson (fourth round). If these players can play up to expectations, Bear Island Bears can have some success. They are one of the best sets of WRs in the league.

Yeeeouch!! http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb22/Kerensky287/LPff6 ch7/7-47.jpg 

4 minutes ago, Week said:

QB - Carson Palmer (Alex Smith, Tom Savage)
WR - Dez, Crab, A-Rob (John Brown, Jaron Brown, Cooper Kupp)
RB - Jordan Howard, Tevin Coleman (Rex Burk, J-Stew)
TE - Kyle Rudolph

K - Succop
DEF - Cincy

I felt pretty good about the squad -- I missed out on Hunt (damn you POTN! ..IIRC) and a few moments where I wanted to grab either Mariota or Dak. So, while ending up with Palmer was not the plan, I do think it'll be ok -- especially with Alex Smith as a capable fill-in (for a 16-team league).

Yahoo seems to have a less positive view...

Yeeeouch!! http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb22/Kerensky287/LPff6 ch7/7-47.jpg 

Don't pay that draft grade thing any mind. It's a terrible predictor. By my reckoning, yours is the best of the 3 teams posted thus far, so I don't see how you could be ranked last.

18 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Don't pay that draft grade thing any mind. It's a terrible predictor. By my reckoning, yours is the best of the 3 teams posted thus far, so I don't see how you could be ranked last.

Agree - I like the team overall. I wish I had QB1 - oh well. I found the analysis of the draft grade to be pretty amusing regardless. :P

Here's one from @Tywin et al.'s team:

The Heist Is On

The other league managers passed over a diamond in the rough. According to ADP, Dreadfort Deviants got a steal in snatching Adam Vinatieri in the 10th round (148th overall pick vs. ADP of 97.1).

Dayummm, NOICE pick! ;)

Roethlisberger (Bortles)

L. Bell, Abdullah (Sproles, D. Williams, Riddick)

Hilton, Cobb, Britt (Benjamin, E. Rodgers)

Kelce (Cook)

Tucker 

New England

Like my team a lot. WR 3 is weak but getting the handcuff for both my backs was a plus. 

26 minutes ago, Week said:

Agree - I like the team overall. I wish I had QB1 - oh well. I found the analysis of the draft grade to be pretty amusing regardless. :P

Here's one from @Tywin et al.'s team:

Dayummm, NOICE pick! ;)

I learn you something you thief:

Drafting 13th, Dreadfort Deviants took advantage of their weaker opponents and drafted a team capable of making some noise come playoff time. They are expected to finish second in Westeros Football Thunderdome with a record of 10-3-0 (1,534 points). They went with a balanced approach early, selecting QB Russell Wilson (45th overall), RB DeMarco Murray (13th), WR Kelvin Benjamin (52nd), and TE Hunter Henry (77th) within the first five rounds. They ultimately built one of the best groups of RBs in the league, as they added Murray, Leonard Fournette, Samaje Perine, and Jalen Richard.

And that’s after making a terrible mistake to start the draft.

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Your biggest mistake was being in the same division as me. ONCE AGAIN, YOU HAVE STUCK YOUR NOSE INTO BUSINESS THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN! YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE, PERVO! STAND DOWN OR FIND YOURSELF AT THE MERCY OF THE BARTERTOWN BLASTERS! 

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The pick or the liveware issue with your bubbler? :)

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Your biggest mistake was being in the same division as me. ONCE AGAIN, YOU HAVE STUCK YOUR NOSE INTO BUSINESS THAT IS NOT YOUR OWN! YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE, PERVO! STAND DOWN OR FIND YOURSELF AT THE MERCY OF THE BARTERTOWN BLASTERS! 

Where is BARTERTOWN in the SOUTH OF WESTEROS? You cretin.

To be fair, Bronn did say he was going to re-jigger the geographic divisions -- still. At least give me a Moletown Blasters (though I do find that name concerning -- granted, less so than the (RIP) Trader Apes).

Archived