Westeros Fantasy Football: Thunderdome 2017-18

Bronn Stone

I cannot adjust the schedule for Week 13 Rivalry Week this year, because while RomeeTywin and JuliJace would (and will) be splendid rivals, that would leave me and POTN as a pair and we don't want rivals in the same divisions.  Next year, I will tweak them so our star-crossed vampires can suck the life out of each other at their leisure.

5 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

I cannot adjust the schedule for Week 13 Rivalry Week this year, because while RomeeTywin and JuliJace would (and will) be splendid rivals, that would leave me and POTN as a pair and we don't want rivals in the same divisions.  Next year, I will tweak them so our star-crossed vampires can suck the life out of each other at their leisure.

That's Very Hot!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't recall if I asked this or not, but how many teams make it to the playoffs in Thunderdome? 

On 11/13/2017 at 11:07 AM, Bronn Stone said:

Hell is this season in Thunderdome. 

Donald Trump treats a steak better than Thunderdome has treated me. 

I feel like I've been overcooked and covered in catsup. Ugh. 

What he does to pizza is equally offensive:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/0ect4f/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-me-lover-s-pizza-with-crazy-broad

2 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

The four division champs and only two wild cards.  Thunderdome is a cruel mistress.

Dang, this week's loss was brutal then. I dropped from 6 to 7 and now I have to beat you and hope the 6 seed loses. Also, apparently you and I are projected to have the exact same scores right now before midweek adjustments. 

I knew starting out 0-3 was going to be hard to overcome. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Dang, this week's loss was brutal then. I dropped from 6 to 7 and now I have to beat you and hope the 6 seed loses. Also, apparently you and I are projected to have the exact same scores right now before midweek adjustments. 

I'm out either way.  But it's rivalry week.  If you can't win, grab the other crab with your gigantic claw and drag him back in the loser barrel with you, preventing his escape!

The playoff situation seems to have solidified itself.   Barring an extraordinarily unexpected outcome, Boiled Leather has squandered the #1 seed and the South division to DunknEgg.  BL drops into a wild card slot.  Jaime wins the West with the tie-breaker (div record) in hand over JJ Lannister, who will grab the final wild card slot to Tywin's chagrin.  Mya Stone wins the North and Jaxom the East, the two sickly step-child divisions this time around.

The playoffs begin in THUNDERDOME.

#1 Seed: DunknEgg's Highgarden Thorns
who in week 15 will face the winner of the week 14 matchup between
#4 Jaxom's Kings Landing Swords and #5 JJ Lannister's C.R. Kingslayers

#2 Seed: Mya Stone's Eyrie Mavericks
who in week 15 will face the winner of the week 14 matchup between
#3 JamieL's Riverrun Sashimi and #6 Boiled Leather's Arbor (Gold) Magnums

DunknEgg managed the best record in the league - 9-4.  All other playoff teams were 8-5.  To my humble eye, there are no real favorites after DunknEgg.  Jaxom seems the least likely, but "Carson Wentz and pray" is a strategy that has worked all year.  And Thunderdome has brought the powerful low more than once.  All glory to THUNDERDOME!

On 11/28/2017 at 3:06 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Though the universe conspired to make our matchup playoff irrelevant, it was an epic contest nonetheless.  Eked out a victory by less than a point on Boswell's game winning field goal in Cincy.  A worthy addition to Thunderdome. 

I shall miss our rivalry next season when the commish must shuffle the rivalry games so that Rome-Ty and Juli-Jace take their proper places as Capulets and Montagues.

31 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Though the universe conspired to make our matchup playoff irrelevant, it was an epic contest nonetheless.  Eked out a victory by less than a point on Boswell's game winning field goal in Cincy.  A worthy addition to Thunderdome. 

I shall miss our rivalry next season when the commish must shuffle the rivalry games so that Rome-Ty and Juli-Jace take their proper places as Capulets and Montagues.

Oh! Were I a glove upon that member as his hands determine upon a starting lineup! To feel so soft a touch as a man from whom only the least must be expected!

Let it be remembered, as your playoffs commence. That I, Jace of the Ponysharks, took a lowly and abandoned team then finished with a winning record with players I did not draft.

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Let it be remembered, as your playoffs commence. That I, Jace of the Ponysharks, took a lowly and abandoned team then finished with a winning record with players I did not draft.

It was a lowly and abandoned team that was 2-5 when you got them and mostly lost because nobody changed out players on bye.  It had autodrafted Hopkins, McCaffrey, Will Fuller, Gostkowski and Doctson.  The cupboard was not bare.  At least two of the first seven games would also have been won if anyone had just put David Johnson on the bench for Duke Johnson and Njoku for Reed when Reed was obviously out hurt..

But still well done.  We'll look forward to you next season.

On 12/6/2017 at 3:33 PM, Mya Stone said:

I took this auto draft to the top of my division after a super shaky start. 

Who knew? 

And left my trade offer on the block forever...real life in the way my ass... :P

And you all can just bow down to Wentz.

Archived