SansaJonRule

Did we see Lady Stoneheart in the background at WF?

20 posts in this topic

My husband saw a video commentary pointing out that a figure that looks like Catelyn walks by in the background during Arya and Brienne's scene.  We watched the scene about 4 times, and we saw the same figure at least twice, if not 3 times.  It appears to be wearing a dress (train dragging behind), and has thick wavy hair hair the length of Cat's and you can even tell that the front is pulled back away from her face.  Could it be Lady Stoneheart?  Did anyone else see this this?  I searched the season 4 forum and found no comments about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watch this scene 3 times and i saw that figure but i don t think it's Lady Stoneheart...i think it's just a girl/women

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw an article on this too online so I watched it. I saw the figure walk by too but I don't think it's her. Isn't it way too late to be introducing LSH? It is the one huge show difference that GRRM wasn't happy about, that they wrote her story out, so I doubt it. Even if they were trying to keep us in suspense and he lied, the story has moved so far past from the Red Wedding at this point.

Edited by fire&blood
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fire&blood said:

I saw an article on this too online so I watched it. I saw the figure walk by too but I don't think it's her. Isn't it way too late to be introducing LSH? It is the one huge show difference that GRRM wasn't happy about, that they wrote her story out, so I doubt it. Even if they were trying to keep us in suspense and he lied, the story has moved so far past from the Red Wedding at this point.

Or, if it were LS, perhaps D&D did it to placate GRRM or show respect to his disappointment.....I don't know what point LS would have in this story line this late, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it's just a woman of the winter town or serving girl that happens by as they are sparring. She walked past in the background a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a woman pass by which I wouldn't have noticed were it not for an article; I doubt it's anything but I kinda like the idea, even though I really am glad that Stoneheart seems unlikely to appear on the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fire&blood said:

I saw an article on this too online so I watched it. I saw the figure walk by too but I don't think it's her. Isn't it way too late to be introducing LSH? It is the one huge show difference that GRRM wasn't happy about, that they wrote her story out, so I doubt it. Even if they were trying to keep us in suspense and he lied, the story has moved so far past from the Red Wedding at this point.

I wasn't aware about GRRM's displeasure about them writing her out.  So I guess that says a lot, unless they had a change of heart.  In the books, LSH goes beyond revenge for the Red Wedding.  She becomes a vigilante type character working with the BwoB to punish any wrong doers.  I think it could be cool to bring her into the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we will see LSH they are actually taking characters out of the picture (Meera going home, the sand snakes/ellaria/olenna combo dying) perhaps its a nod towards the character but i doubt they are including her, i mean ive seen videos and paused scene pictures, she looks exactly like cat, perhaps its just that some kimd of "character cameo"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SansaJonRule said:

I wasn't aware about GRRM's displeasure about them writing her out.  So I guess that says a lot, unless they had a change of heart.  In the books, LSH goes beyond revenge for the Red Wedding.  She becomes a vigilante type character working with the BwoB to punish any wrong doers.  I think it could be cool to bring her into the story.

“At some points, when [Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] and I had discussions about what way we should go in, I would always favor sticking with the books, while they would favor making changes,” he said. “I think one of the biggest ones would probably be when they made the decision not to bring Catelyn Stark back as Lady Stoneheart. That was probably the first major diversion of the show from the books and, you know, I argued against that, and David and Dan made that decision.”

I wish they had brought her into the show because she's ruthless as shit in the books and anyone getting revenge on the Red Wedding is something I want to see on screen too. I just think it's a bit late at this point because she was supposed to be resurrected by Beric not long after the RW.  Wasn't it like 3 days later?

Edited by fire&blood
edit quote

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fire&blood said:

“At some points, when [Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] and I had discussions about what way we should go in, I would always favor sticking with the books, while they would favor making changes,” he said. “I think one of the biggest ones would probably be when they made the decision not to bring Catelyn Stark back as Lady Stoneheart. That was probably the first major diversion of the show from the books and, you know, I argued against that, and David and Dan made that decision.”

I wish they had brought her into the show because she's ruthless as shit in the books and anyone getting revenge on the Red Wedding is something I want to see on screen too. I just think it's a bit late at this point because she was supposed to be resurrected by Beric not long after the RW.  Wasn't it like 3 days later?

Yes, three days I think.  It was enough time that her skin had turned gray and was bloated, and the gash in her throat couldn't be healed, hence why she couldn't talk.

I think it either is her and she will somehow play a part in the remaining story, or it was a poor use of an extra - the same person walking by the same entrance in the same direction 2 or 3 times.  Just a nod to the character to raise speculation?  Surely D&D wouldn't be that stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SansaJonRule said:

Yes, three days I think.  It was enough time that her skin had turned gray and was bloated, and the gash in her throat couldn't be healed, hence why she couldn't talk.

I think it either is her and she will somehow play a part in the remaining story, or it was a poor use of an extra - the same person walking by the same entrance in the same direction 2 or 3 times.  Just a nod to the character to raise speculation?  Surely D&D wouldn't be that stupid.

It would be fun if D&D put little easter eggs in the show expressly for book readers.  I don't know if they would be bright enough to do that, but if they are, this could be one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's likely the girl who is Sansa's body double being utilized as an extra... and likely the same girl playing Alys Karstark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly it's the princess from Brave. I mean come on.  Look at that hair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's definitely way, way too late to introduce Lady Stoneheart as any kind of meaningful character. Having her walk around in the background never to be heard from again would be beyond ridiculous IMO - so I'm going to guess it's just pure coincidence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No but it's definitely an editing mishap. I can deduce that much now that I'm aware of it. Movie sin! :D

Edited by Eddard Scissorhands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it's her, but the timing was curious. That lady walks by just as Arya mentions her mother to Brienne, and I mean the second.

Also, Catherine was in the recap sequence before the credits. I know it was only to remind viewers about the dagger that almost killed brand, but it made me think about her.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now