What if the Robert's rebellion have ended with a trial by seven?

Dunk The Tall

On 31/08/2017 at 2:42 AM, Dunk The Tall said:

You are all right about Jaime, but he kills Aerys, that's the reason i count him. 

He killed Aerys because he was going to nuke his daddy and the entire Lannister army. The young lion cares for family more then he cares for anything else. He rescued Tyrion, he sticks to Cersei and he even throw an innocent boy out of the window to protect his loved one

On 2017-08-10 at 4:47 PM, Dunk The Tall said:

If Brandon had decided instead a trial by combat a trial by seven it could finished in that moment. Like the only person of the army of Robert was Brandon, they would wait until every knight have come.

I think that the seven that Robert would choose could be:

-Himself

-Brandon Stark

-GreatJon Umber

-Brynden Tully

-Jaime Lannister

-Gregor Clegane

-Bronze John royce

I'm supposing that the Lannisters would have gone with Robert seen that they betray Aerys later.

If Aerys would have to choose seven knights, they might be:

-Rhaegar Targaryen

-Arthur Dayne

-Barristan Selmy

-Randyll Tarly

-Oberyn Martell

-Jon Connington

-Gerold Hightower

Exist other posibility. Maybe Aerys would have chosen to all of his royal guard, and the rest his son and Arthur Dayne. Looking at this I have to recognize that it would be very difficult to win for the rebels, because the individualities are better in the royalist than in the rebels. Which seven you think they would choose?

Jaime Lannister can't fight on the side of the rebellion, he's a Kingsguard. Lets switch him out to the other side and put Rickard Stark weilding Ice in his place.

On the other side lets swap him out for Randyll Tarly even though that sadly means one less Valyrian Steel blade on the royal side.

As for who would win, thats tough to say and Trials by Seven are extremly dangerous, usually leading to one or both sides being wiped out as we saw with Maegor's Trial.

As for who would win and who would die thats extremly hard to tell, the butterflies from this trial are nearly immpossible to predict. Given the fighters lined up my money would be on the Targaryan side. Rhaegar was a match for Robert in canon and Ser Arthur Dayne is still called the greatest swordsman Westeros ever saw years later, along with Jaime Lannister and Barristan Selmy. Oberyn Martell was also able to best the Mountain.

I'd say that in this fight the Targaryan's are definitly going to come out ahead, killing a host of canon characters and saving the Targaryan dynasty. Assuming that Rhaegar survives he most likely launches his coup after this trial and deposes his father.

Archived