Where is Edmure Tully?

Pile-O-Starks

28 minutes ago, Raven Banner said:

Jaime send him and his family to Casterly Rock after taking Riverrun (see season 6 episode 8). But that raises a question, Were the Tullys freed by Grey Worm, or did Jaime send elsewhere after abandoning Casterly Rock?

Which raises another question is my enemy's enemy my friend?  Dany would not be so quick to free a Tully but Grey worm is just a soldier what action would he take with prisoners?

2 hours ago, elder brother jonothor dar said:

Which raises another question is my enemy's enemy my friend?  Dany would not be so quick to free a Tully but Grey worm is just a soldier what action would he take with prisoners?

I would say he freed them if Edmure is still there. As Dany does not harm those not involved. Well prisoners for sure.  She is known as breaker of chains. It is possible Jaime left the prisoners there when it is known Casterly Rock has never been taken. So  Jaime left enough men there to hold it.   

Maybe after Arya killed all those Freys, the Frey women (since Edmure is married to one) go down and free him.  He could then make his way back to Riverrun and reclaim his lands. 

Knowing Edmure he would probably just say F this crap, close his gate and wait until the season finale. 

Either starving to death at The Twins because Arya didn't let him out after killing off all his gaolers.

OR

About to starve to death now that The Unsullied don't have time to turn out the dungeons as they retreat from Casterly Rock immediately after killing everyone in it (also why they have to retreat is Jaime took all the food.

OR

Jaime took him with him for some reason, one of those supply wagons was actually the prisoner wagon, and Edmure got burned.

OR

He's going to retroactively escape and be free at some point in Season 8.

7 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Yep, he's stuck in "we don't wanna pay for these guys"-land.

:lmao:

Didn't Jaime promise Brienne to grant the Tully army safe passage North if they abandoned the Riverrun? The prisoner they asked for in exchange was the Blackfish, in order to hand him over to the Freys. They the show just forget about the Tully army?

I guess Edmure was just sent to Casterly Rock, also to be forgotten about.

23 hours ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

I would say he freed them if Edmure is still there. As Dany does not harm those not involved. Well prisoners for sure.  She is known as breaker of chains. It is possible Jaime left the prisoners there when it is known Casterly Rock has never been taken. So  Jaime left enough men there to hold it.   

Edmure's family swore fealty to Robert Baratheon, and he personally handed Riverrun over to Dany's main enemy. He's "involved" insofar as he's not yet bent the knee the "rightful queen of the Andals and blah, blah, blah."

Jon Snow was taken prisoner until such time as he bends the knee, so far as we know. No reason Lord Tully can't be held hostage for the same reason. 

17 minutes ago, Eddard Scissorhands said:

Didn't Jaime promise Brienne to grant the Tully army safe passage North if they abandoned the Riverrun? The prisoner they asked for in exchange was the Blackfish, in order to hand him over to the Freys. They the show just forget about the Tully army?

I guess Edmure was just sent to Casterly Rock, also to be forgotten about.

Larry promised that to Brienne if she could convince the Blackfish to surrender. That didn't happen. 

Riverrun surrendered on Edmure's orders. There were no conditions set, except Larry's promise to transfer Edmure to Casterly Rock. 

I have no idea what happened to the Tully army. Much of it was slaughtered at the Red Wedding, I think. The Blackfish was represented as taking Riverrun with a small crew (somewhat more than 20 Good Men), through superior cunning and Secret Knowledge of the castle not possessed by Frey men. 

Maybe the Freys slaughtered those who remained. Who knows?

12 minutes ago, darmody said:

Larry promised that to Brienne if she could convince the Blackfish to surrender. That didn't happen. 

Riverrun surrendered on Edmure's orders. There were no conditions set, except Larry's promise to transfer Edmure to Casterly Rock. 

I have no idea what happened to the Tully army. Much of it was slaughtered at the Red Wedding, I think. The Blackfish was represented as taking Riverrun with a small crew (somewhat more than 20 Good Men), through superior cunning and Secret Knowledge of the castle not possessed by Frey men. 

Maybe the Freys slaughtered those who remained. Who knows?

Oh yeah, that's true. Though the Lannister men entered and took the castle for the Freys it seems. I wonder now that the Freys are without a leader if they kept the castle with or without the Lannisters. 

52 minutes ago, darmody said:

Edmure's family swore fealty to Robert Baratheon, and he personally handed Riverrun over to Dany's main enemy. He's "involved" insofar as he's not yet bent the knee the "rightful queen of the Andals and blah, blah, blah."

Jon Snow was taken prisoner until such time as he bends the knee, so far as we know. No reason Lord Tully can't be held hostage for the same reason. 

I was speaking of grey worm when freeing Edmure if he is still there. If you know the unsullied they would free the enemies prisoners and asked them if they would want join their cause. And intergate them of course. But Dany is breaker of chains. That is what the unsullied understand. Every city Dany took she freed the slaves/prisoners, and gave them an option to stay or go free. If Dany set things up differently for westeros, then it was off screen.

About prisoners and all other matters not specifically addressed by orders, I suspect Danny told Grey Worm to use his own judgement.  GW is worldly enough to know that even poor rulers lock up bad people for crimes in addition to their military and political enemies.  Visenya the Dragon got it right I think with the idea of interrogate them and make a decision on a case by case basis.

1 hour ago, Visenya the Dragon said:

I was speaking of grey worm when freeing Edmure if he is still there. If you know the unsullied they would free the enemies prisoners and asked them if they would want join their cause. And intergate them of course. But Dany is breaker of chains. That is what the unsullied understand. Every city Dany took she freed the slaves/prisoners, and gave them an option to stay or go free. If Dany set things up differently for westeros, then it was off screen.

Edmure is a prisoner, but he's also a lord. He's not a slavemaster, but he's also not enchained. Dany wouldn't crucify him even if he didn't bend the knee, probably. But she can't just let him go oppose her.

Dany's entire approach to Westeros has been different than the way she operated in Slaver's Bay. Instead of turning lower classes against the high and crucifying people, she's trying to take over with as little disruption to the existing order as possible. 

We haven't seen how she plans to deal with Westerosi lords besides Jon Snow. We haven't been told there are standing orders to imprison recalcitrants until they bend the knee. But maybe there are. In any case, Dany would be foolish to allow possible enemies to run away willy-nilly. 

Unsullied are not there to be freedom fighters. They're there to do what they're told. In Mereen the order was to rouse the rabble and kill the masters, but that was strategic. Strategy changes with circumstances. 

I see no evidence that Dany won't fight about the same way the other powers in the 7 kingdoms fight--not counting Cirsei. That includes taking hostages and punishing those who oppose you. 

1 hour ago, Col Cinders said:

About prisoners and all other matters not specifically addressed by orders, I suspect Danny told Grey Worm to use his own judgement.  GW is worldly enough to know that even poor rulers lock up bad people for crimes in addition to their military and political enemies.  Visenya the Dragon got it right I think with the idea of interrogate them and make a decision on a case by case basis.

Is Grey Worm worldly? All he knows is soldiering, working under Dany, and helping run Mereen into the ground. Why his opinion would be valued beyond the purely military is beyond me. 

Miss Sandy is similar. I can understand why Dany trusts her and keeps her close. But the idea that she's some kind of top advisor, why? Far as we know, she has experience translating for a slave dealer and hanging around Dany/Tyrion. That's it. 

Though they make poor decisions and have been shipwrecked as characters, Tyrion and Varys are worldly. They've been places, met people, and have experience at the highest level of politics. Miss Sandy, on the other hand, doesn't even know what a bastard is. 

On 8/13/2017 at 9:40 PM, darmody said:

Edmure is a prisoner, but he's also a lord. He's not a slavemaster, but he's also not enchained. Dany wouldn't crucify him even if he didn't bend the knee, probably. But she can't just let him go oppose her.

Dany's entire approach to Westeros has been different than the way she operated in Slaver's Bay. Instead of turning lower classes against the high and crucifying people, she's trying to take over with as little disruption to the existing order as possible. 

We haven't seen how she plans to deal with Westerosi lords besides Jon Snow. We haven't been told there are standing orders to imprison recalcitrants until they bend the knee. But maybe there are. In any case, Dany would be foolish to allow possible enemies to run away willy-nilly. 

Unsullied are not there to be freedom fighters. They're there to do what they're told. In Mereen the order was to rouse the rabble and kill the masters, but that was strategic. Strategy changes with circumstances. 

I see no evidence that Dany won't fight about the same way the other powers in the 7 kingdoms fight--not counting Cirsei. That includes taking hostages and punishing those who oppose you. 

Well you are probably right there. Dany is is all on everyone bending the knee. I do see, if we ever see Edmure, that he would bend the knee. He will know it beats being a prisoner of the Lannisters.

Archived