What if Maester Aemon made it Daenerys

Warren of Skagos

His advice to her would be to tell her to leave Slaver's Bay. The Others are a bigger threat than Ghiscari slavers, he would probably tell her. He would also fill her head with prophecies and lead her to believe that she is a hero and savior. I think she would listen too, if she knew he was family.

9 hours ago, Warren of Skagos said:

Your thoughts on the encounter of Aemon and Daenerys if it were to happen. [...] Her reactions to her only living relative, etc.

Yay!

Family group hug!

5 hours ago, Valyirian Aurochs said:

1 - His advice to her would be to tell her to leave Slaver's Bay. The Others are a bigger threat than Ghiscari slavers, he would probably tell her.

2 - He would also fill her head with prophecies and lead her to believe that she is a hero and savior.

1 - good advice

2 - useless shit

3 hours ago, mystickristoff said:

Problem is actually verifying that he's a Targaryen. Fire immunity seems to be a TV show exclusive too, so tossing Aemon into a bonfire wouldn't work XD

LOL!

But maybe the dragons would swarm about him and purr? 

Even better - Aemon would get to be a dragon rider!

Due to their Mystical BondTM he could see through his dragon's eyes, like Karal through his Firecat's eyes in the Heralds of Valdemar franchise.

7 hours ago, mystickristoff said:

Problem is actually verifying that he's a Targaryen. Fire immunity seems to be a TV show exclusive too, so tossing Aemon into a bonfire wouldn't work XD

What's there to verify? Aegon the V sent a vast entourage as his elder brother Aemon renounced his claim to the throne and traveled north to take the black. Anybody with a book on recent history can verify that Aemon is a Targaryen. There was never any doubt. That's why he went south in the first place - to keep him with his clearly royal king's blood out of Melisandre's reach.

15 hours ago, Talking Hodor said:

What's there to verify? Aegon the V sent a vast entourage as his elder brother Aemon renounced his claim to the throne and traveled north to take the black. Anybody with a book on recent history can verify that Aemon is a Targaryen. There was never any doubt. That's why he went south in the first place - to keep him with his clearly royal king's blood out of Melisandre's reach.

I agree on the first part. But I don't think Mel knew Aemon had royal blood (might be forgetting something), nor do I think it likely anyone was seriously worried about her trying to burn the old man. Mance's son of course and Mance himself were more likely targets for the Red Woman. I can't remember, did Jon know Aemon wanted to go to Dany, or was he sending both Aemon and Sam to Oldtown?

Dany would be glad to know there was another Targaryen, but she'd know that she'd be the last one again before long. And while she'd be happy to have Uncle Aemon around, she might not be willing to act on his advice right away. Her dragons were still pretty young at that point, and who knows whether she'd believe that Aemon knew what he was talking about regarding the Others. After all, he's taking everyone else's word for it. He could certainly tell her that she qualifies to be the Dragon that was Promised though. Given enough time, I think he could have talked her into going to the Wall, and maybe even made her think it was her own idea.

Aemon's death affected me most. It's so sad that he never got to see...er, feel real dragons. I will never forgive that oaf, Sam, for leaving the old man in the rain.

20 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I can't remember, did Jon know Aemon wanted to go to Dany, or was he sending both Aemon and Sam to Oldtown?

IIRC, they only found out about about the dragons in Braavos, and that's when Aemon wanted to go to Dany. I can't remember how they ended up there though...a rest stop because Aemon was sickly, maybe?

22 minutes ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Aemon's death affected me most. It's so sad that he never got to see...er, feel real dragons. I will never forgive that oaf, Sam, for leaving the old man in the rain.

IIRC, they only found out about about the dragons in Braavos, and that's when Aemon wanted to go to Dany. I can't remember how they ended up there though...a rest stop because Aemon was sickly, maybe?

IIRC they always intended to take a NW ship to Braavos, because it's not that far, and then change to another ship to go to Oldtown. Might be because of Aemon's health, or just because That's a more common and easier thing to do. Gave me the feeling of how most European flights to the US have a layover in England and to Australia in Singapore/Dubai even though you can make it in 1 trip. 

52 minutes ago, Hodor the Articulate said:

Okay so Jon probably sent Aemon at least partly because he'd have a better chance getting access to the info they need at the Citadel regarding the Long Night than newbie Sam would.

28 minutes ago, Ethelarion said:

IIRC they always intended to take a NW ship to Braavos, because it's not that far, and then change to another ship to go to Oldtown. Might be because of Aemon's health, or just because That's a more common and easier thing to do. Gave me the feeling of how most European flights to the US have a layover in England and to Australia in Singapore/Dubai even though you can make it in 1 trip. 

Yes I think that's it. They had planned layovers and Dareon was supposed to try and drum up recruits wherever they stopped.

Archived