ASOIAF graphic novels

TyrionFan82

12 minutes ago, TyrionFan82 said:

How are the graphic novels? I'm thinking of picking them up since I was recommended the most recent issue of the ongoing ACOK comic and wanted the community's opinion.

I have always thought there were only graphic novels made for the first novel A Game of Thrones, as opposed to the entire series so far. I could be wrong, though.

I enjoyed the Dunk & Egg graphic novels. I read the stories first, though. There is a lot less detail in the text of the graphic versions, obviously.

I read the first one or two issues of the AGoT comic books, before they were compiled into a full volume. I am such an advocate for the full, written text that I would only recommend the graphic versions as a brief diversion after reading the full book. Like the show, the graphic novels are one or two artists' visions of the original, so take them with a grain of salt.

So far, there's just "A Game of Thrones", but they're working on "A Clash of Kings" (which I see you're already reading! I'm clearly running late again). I found the artwork very good, and the (rather compressed) storyline to be well done. Daniel Abraham (sf author and half of "James S.A. Corey") did the script work. Nice additional material at the end of each summary hardback with notes on the production process.

Archived