NFL 2017 Preaseason: Zeke the Freak to Sit 6 Weeks

Manhole Eunuchsbane

3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Sorry for not playing out whatever thing you guys got going on.  New to this thread, and while it seems pretty amusing it also seems....weird and I don't entirely get the protocol.

Feel free to just ignore it and talk actual football. 

9 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Feel free to just ignore it and talk actual football. 

I mean, obviously I get the the references to Spicer and Mooch (and, as a niners fan, that's why I enjoyed the Mooch nickname so much for Scaramucci in the first place), but it seems this has evolved (devolved) into some amusing but annoying parody of this amusing but annoying parody:

3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

I mean, obviously I get the the references to Spicer and Mooch (and, as a niners fan, that's why I enjoyed the Mooch nickname so much for Scaramucci in the first place), but it seems this has evolved (devolved) into some amusing but annoying parody of this amusing but annoying parody:

Yeah, you've got the gist of it, only centered around sportstalk. And as Maith said, feel free to ignore it if it's not to your taste.

21 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Much rather the niners suck this season and do this then spend a fortune on Cousins.  Also, as someone with multiple Chicago fans as friends, it'd be awesome if they could rip of the Bears again.  I can wait another year of the Niners sucking, been doing so most years anyway since I hit high school.

Sorry for not playing out whatever thing you guys got going on.  New to this thread, and while it seems pretty amusing it also seems....weird and I don't entirely get the protocol.

Yeah, I'm thinking that's probably the smarter of the two stratagems. That said, I kind of dig Cousins, although the price tag does seem a bit steep.

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, you've got the gist of it, only centered around sportstalk. And as Maith said, feel free to ignore it if it's not to your taste.

Well, I suppose I can't complain considering the schtick actually led to some mention of the Niners.  I don't expect they'll be mentioned too much this season, outside of "hmm, who's gonna get the 1st pick in the draft."  They've already lost their biggest offseason signing - who was both a Raider and terribly overpaid - for the season.  Not a good omen.

ETA:  Forgot Garcon.  Guess he'd be their biggest offseason signing.

1 hour ago, Maithanet said:

So 538 has an article called "Blake Bortles is the Tom Brady of NFL Garbage Time".  Get with the times 538, I already did that analysis back in December!

I swear sports writers read this thread for ideas, this is like the third time this has happened. 

NOte:  for the record, I don't remember who actually first referred to Garbage Time as Bortles Time.  My suspicion is that brigand @Jaime L

We'll know who the culprits are as soon as one refers to Beal as the undead one. 

50 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Go read the fantasy football threads in the Forum Games section. You'll figure it out. Start with experts. 

31 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

26 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

24 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, I'm thinking that's probably the smarter of the two stratagems. That said, I kind of dig Cousins, although the price tag does seem a bit steep.

23 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Well, I suppose I can't complain considering the schtick actually led to some mention of the Niners.  I don't expect they'll be mentioned too much this season, outside of "hmm, who's gonna get the 1st pick in the draft."  They've already lost their biggest offseason signing - who was both a Raider and terribly overpaid - for the season.  Not a good omen.

ETA:  Forgot Garcon.  Guess he'd be their biggest offseason signing.

Looks like these two Bay area fans are about to put 49ing into a 69! Owwwwww!!!!!

If you can't handle the Spice, stay out of the can!

Have you ever drank so much Jack Daniels that your best friend's wedding took place in Greece? Then you live the Spice life!

Don't want to keep your cart in your immediate vicinity at the grocery store? Mooch is the man you need.

Haven't watched CNN in a decade because of your mayonnaise+chili related heart condition, Mooch is your relapse! 

Stay clean, get Mooched, hold strong, and be SPICEY!!!!

9 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Go read the fantasy football threads in the Forum Games section. You'll figure it out. Start with experts. 

Never been a fantasy sports guy.  It's actually getting pretty annoying as even more and more of my non-sportsfan friends get into it.  But I'm stubborn.

9 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Have you ever drank so much Jack Daniels that [...]

You don't wanna know all the ways I can end that sentence.

15 hours ago, dmc515 said:

Never been a fantasy sports guy.  It's actually getting pretty annoying as even more and more of my non-sportsfan friends get into it.  But I'm stubborn.

I'm right with you, I'm stubbornly avoiding FF.  I'll do pick em sorta games, but to me, what matters in sports is who wins, not who scores the points.  Fantasy sports leads to ridiculous conversations like this:

Me:  Oh man, the Falcons just won on a hail mary! Awesome play! 

Fantasy Sportsfan:  Was it Julio Jones?

Me:  :(

I'm right with you, I'm stubbornly avoiding FF.  I'll do pick em sorta games, but to me, what matters in sports is who wins, not who scores the points.  Fantasy sports leads to ridiculous conversations like this:

Me:  Oh man, the Falcons just won on a hail mary! Awesome play! 

Fantasy Sportsfan:  Was it Julio Jones?

Me:  :(

Jump into our Pick 'Em, Maith!

Everyone is welcome, for that matter.  

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Jump into our Pick 'Em, Maith!

Everyone is welcome, for that matter.  

Yeah, I did that one year, I was sorta on the fence about it this year. 

But sure, I'll join up.

So any chance the Jags sign Kaepernick?  Their quarterbacks are Blake Bortles (who has looked so horrible in two preseason games home fans are already booing) and Chad Henne (who sucks AND hasn't started a game since 2014).  Surely Kaep is a significant improvement, right?

The Jags have spent a lot of money on upgrading that defense, presumably to start winning.  And you could hardly have a more wide open division than the AFC South - Luck is probably missing some/all of the season, Mariota is coming off surgery and Houston is probably starting a rookie.  If Jacksonville could get production from Kaep like he gave the Niners last year, they are very likely to make the playoffs.  Now, maybe Kaep couldn't pull that off in a new town with limited practice reps before the season, but it is virtually guaranteed to be an improvement of some sort.

The fact that Kaep is still out of a job is increasingly hard for me to believe.  There are about 5 teams in the league that would have a significantly better chance of making the playoffs with him, and none of them are willing to pull the trigger?  If I were a fan of any of those teams, I would be pissed as hell. 

So any chance the Jags sign Kaepernick?  Their quarterbacks are Blake Bortles (who has looked so horrible in two preseason games home fans are already booing) and Chad Henne (who sucks AND hasn't started a game since 2014).  Surely Kaep is a significant improvement, right?

I couldn't belive how bad Bortles looked. Is he the worst starting QB in the league with a few starting seasons under his belt? On the flipside, Winston looked great and the Bucs team is going to make a lot of noise. They should be the dark horse for winning the NFC.

As far as Kaep goes, the two teams that should absolutely sign him are the Broncos and the Texans. That would catapult either team into the playoffs for sure.

1 hour ago, DanteGabriel said:

Nice move, Chris Long. And I am very grateful for players like Malcolm Jenkins and Michael Bennett who are continuing the anthem protest.

http://deadspin.com/chris-long-has-malcolm-jenkinss-back-in-anthem-protest-1797970194

The more white players that get involved in this, the better.

Here's the clip from Long and Jenkins after the game that's quoted in the article you linked. If you haven't seen it, take a look. It's obvious how important this is to Long watching him speak, and just how much of a difference he might be able to make going forward.

Archived