NFL 2017 Preaseason: Zeke the Freak to Sit 6 Weeks

Manhole Eunuchsbane

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Well, this should be interesting...

“There will be no football in the state of Georgia if Colin Kaepernick is not on a training camp roster and given an opportunity to pursue his career,” said Gerald Griggs of the Atlanta NAACP at a Friday press conference, via fox5atlanta.com. “This is not a simple request. This is a statement. This is a demand.”

I can get behind support for Kaepernick, but a statement like this is pretty ridiculous.

Wow, that's quite the stance. I wonder how much they can effect Falcons attendance. I wouldn't think much. Kind of odd to hold the Falcons responsible.  . 

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

But in any event, going public about his salary demands would probably be counter-productive in terms of just painting another bullseye, and in terms of negotiation it would be terrible. Either you 'announce' your opening bargaining position, meaning higher than where you expect to settle, meaning more room to paint your demands as unrealistic and 'that's why no one wants him', or you surrender all negotiating power and announce your settlement floor, meaning everyone you negotiate with starts with that as your ceiling and pushes you for 'middle ground' and you either accept much less than your minimum, making the announcement you punching yourself in the face for no reason, or you don't budge and your 'inflexibility/refusal to compromise' is now cited as 'that's why no one wants him.'

Yeah, that makes sense in terms of screwing yourself in negotiations. I can't imagine he's asking that much just because we haven't seen owners/management use that as an excuse as of yet. If he were asking for a steep salary, I think we'd have heard that complaint by now. 

I'm not watching the game, but the box score is indicating Jared Goff is playing well tonight. It's the preseason and all, but at least he's showing competence.  The Jeff Fisher stink may finally be wearing off of him.

35 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I don't know if what I said made sense, but Hoyer is looking good against Denver's ones.

Hoyer is a decent back-up QB who can start games and not be embarrassing, but he's not much more than that.  If you give him a good receiver, he's capable of locking in and targeting that guy like mad, though.  

49 minutes ago, sperry said:

Colts will be drafting in the top 5 this year.

I feel similarly, even with Luck. I'm waiting on Dante and my LoveRock to come at me with some Scam for Sam shit if Luck never sees the field.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing him hit IR. This is an 0-16 roster without the caveman, with him I would be utterly stunned if 8-8 is in play.

There's just no reason to put him on the field in what must be some kind of weakened condition without at least a center to snap the ball. Jack Mewhort (L Guard) is already hurt, Castanzo (L Tackle) got hurt yesterday and sucks anyways, I can't even bring myself to talk about whatever is on the right side of the 'line'. And Ryan Kelley is facing 5-6 weeks out of the regular season after having ankle/foot surgery.

At that point, why even rush Luck and Kelley back? That's just going to get them hurt. Put Kelley on PUP and don't bring him back until he's 100 % and sure as fuck don't put Luck on the field until he's up to 230 lbs (deadspin had a picture of him that looked like he weight 190), healthy -if ever-, and the line is figured out.

If the team is 0-6 by the time Kelley comes off PUP, don't even activate either of them for any games until the end of the year. Let Luck practice if he can handle it, and if there's 100% certainty that he's good then maybe let him onto the field in December. But this season is completely fucked and the future looks pretty fucked as well right now.

The only good that can come out of 2017 for the Colts is if Luck is healthy at the end of the year.

Be ready for more Colts talk once this booze starts hitting my tummy, the TV didn't sate me.

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:29 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Wow, that's quite the stance. I wonder how much they can effect Falcons attendance. I wouldn't think much. Kind of odd to hold the Falcons responsible.  . 

Yeah I'm not too sure why the Falcons are being focused on here either, it's not like they pulled a Baltimore when it was toying with the idea of signing Kaep recently, only to go with fucking Thad Lewis instead, who hasn't thrown a pass in the regular season since 2013. If any team deserves some shit from Kaepernick supporters, it's the Ravens.

On a positive note, it was great to see Jaylon Smith playing on Saturday night. As someone who had a very serious leg injury, and still has a bad case of drop foot from it, I know how hard that is to overcome. Hope that kid has a long and productive career.

8 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Giants offense still looks like hell. Glad they didn't address the O-line at all. Ughh

Get Beckham the fuck out of this game.

I'm hoping he's so much of a headcase that he's playing it up right now. The good news is that his lweg wasn't planted when he got hit so hopefully if he's really in pain it's just a sprain. 2-4 weeks if so.

2 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm hoping he's so much of a headcase that he's playing it up right now. The good news is that his lweg wasn't planted when he got hit so hopefully if he's really in pain it's just a sprain. 2-4 weeks if so.

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully he's just being dramatic and knew the cameras were following him.

10 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully he's just being dramatic and knew the cameras were following him.

I'll go back and look at the film tonight to focus on the ankle thats reportedly what is hurt later tonight, i don't want to jump to conclusions but if he has a high ankle sprain that's a long term injury.

Archived