NFL 2017 Preaseason: Zeke the Freak to Sit 6 Weeks

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You're not looking at it like the Cowboys and the NFLPA will look at it. Jerruh feels betrayed, as does Elliot, and the NFLPA would love another chance to curb the commissioner's infinite powers ahead of another labor impasse in 5 years.

All we need is him to take it to court and a stay is all but guaranteed, in which case Elliot is still valuable from a fantasy standpoint. And that's all I care about.

But the Commish's powers are all but absolute in these matters. The whole Deflategate thing bore that out. It's basically pointless to go to court unless you feel that this season is somehow more valuable than next. Or maybe the first six games are more valuable than 6 games later in the season. Either way, the suspension will be upheld unless the Ginger Hammer changes his mind.

35 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

But the Commish's powers are all but absolute in these matters. The whole Deflategate thing bore that out. It's basically pointless to go to court unless you feel that this season is somehow more valuable than next. Or maybe the first six games are more valuable than 6 games later in the season. Either way, the suspension will be upheld unless the Ginger Cannon changes his mind.

All I'm hearing is that you're a lil bitch who don't want none. ;)

C'mon bud. Let's make it a title bet. I say that the suspension is stayed and Elliot plays in the first six games of the season.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I've been meaning to stream those. I hear nothing but good things, but no, I've never seen it. Love Howerton, Day and DeVito.

Well you better do it quick, 'cause you're gonna be spending the next 5 months telling everyone that you're a full on rapist.

2 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Eh, I doubt he goes that far with it. I bet it gets cut to 4, but after what happened to Tommy Watermelons I bet the Cowboys front office pressures him into just signing off on the suspension.

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Wanna bet?

TITLE BET TIME!!!

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

But the Commish's powers are all but absolute in these matters. The whole Deflategate thing bore that out. It's basically pointless to go to court unless you feel that this season is somehow more valuable than next. Or maybe the first six games are more valuable than 6 games later in the season. Either way, the suspension will be upheld unless the Ginger Hammer changes his mind.

Yes, the Commish's powers are all but absolute here (hence my calling him "The Emporer").  But I think the NFL's primary concern here is optics.  That is, they want this to be seen as getting "tough" on a domestic abuser and not as "unfairly" disciplining a player without solid evidence.  IF this goes to court and IF their evidence isn't solid then that could happen.  Time will tell, I guess:dunno:   

4 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yes, the Commish's powers are all but absolute here (hence my calling him "The Emporer").  But I think the NFL's primary concern here is optics.  That is, they want this to be seen as getting "tough" on a domestic abuser and not as "unfairly" disciplining a player without solid evidence.  IF this goes to court and IF their evidence isn't solid then that could happen.  Time will tell, I guess:dunno:   

But again I think the thing that Deflategate taught us is that the evidence (or lack of it) really doesn't matter at the end of the day.

52 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Well you better do it quick, 'cause you're gonna be spending the next 5 months telling everyone that you're a full on rapist.

I'd go with the Arrested Development line instead. God bless Dr. Tobias Funke!

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I just blue myself!

I can't type it from my work station, but I was thinking about his self styled job title. Or really just about anything he said during the episode where they made him record himself for a day.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I can't type it from my work station, but I was thinking about his self styled job title. Or really just about anything he said during the episode where they made him record himself for a day.

http://imgur.com/8IWo4

/Loves me some David Cross. His stand-up is amazing, too.

6 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

My name on Steam has been Tobias Funke for ages now and I renamed a few of my most-used TF2 weapons The Analrapist.  

Archived