NFL 2017 Preaseason: Zeke the Freak to Sit 6 Weeks

Manhole Eunuchsbane

3 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Well you better do it quick, 'cause you're gonna be spending the next 5 months telling everyone that you're a full on rapist.

Pfft. Horses for courses. Hit him where it hurts. He's fine being an Analrapist or w/e. Make him rep the Dodgers or similar. That's real pain.

( sorry many, still love ya, but the stakes gotta be sharp or there's no point)

(4-level pun in one line___^)

6 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Pfft. Horses for courses. Hit him where it hurts. He's fine being an Analrapist or w/e. Make him rep the Dodgers or similar. That's real pain.

( sorry many, still love ya, but the stakes gotta be sharp or there's no point)

(4-level pun in one line___^)

Damn. That's cold Canucklehead! Don't give her any ideas.

16 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

http://imgur.com/8IWo4

/Loves me some David Cross. His stand-up is amazing, too.

I’ve only seen two, but they were great. I’d definitely like to see him live if possible. I’m still mad that I missed Jim Jefferies when he was in town recently.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’ve only seen two, but they were great. I’d definitely like to see him live if possible. I’m still mad that I missed Jim Jefferies when he was in town recently.

I love that Jeffries actually talks about how his gun-control centred fame lead to so many audiences getting an entirely different-than-expected tone. I did the same myself, tbh. 

Fuck. Looks like I lose again. CURSE YOU, PONY QUEEN!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ezekiel-elliott-sues-the-nfl-claims-a-conspiracy-to-hide-critical-information/

/TBH, I still don't get this. The CBA hasn't changed. There's nothing to fight here. How is this going to turn out differently this time around? 

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ezekiel-elliott-sues-the-nfl-claims-a-conspiracy-to-hide-critical-information/

/TBH, I still don't get this. The CBA hasn't changed. There's nothing to fight here. How is this going to turn out differently this time around? 

Yeah, I'm not sure -- IIRC the result of Ballghazi was basically that the CBA allowed (near?) unchecked power for Goodell to levy punishment if he feels strongly enough about it.

Just now, Week said:

Yeah, I'm not sure -- IIRC the result of Ballghazi was basically that the CBA allowed (near?) unchecked power for Goodell to levy punishment if he feels strongly enough about it.

The article even says as much.  It's possible the courts will give an injuction like they did with Brady, or it's possible they'll look at the Brady case as evidence that the NFL's authority to mete out these punishments is virtually unlimited, and if players want to change that, they'll need to negotiate a better CBA. 

7 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yep, and...just...what an incredible train wreck all the way around! :mellow:

Yeah, this just smells like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Now Zeke has no chance of getting a reduction, and this will be enforced unless Goodell has a sudden change of heart. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. 

32 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

23 minutes ago, Week said:

7 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, this just smells like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Now Zeke has no chance of getting a reduction, and this will be enforced unless Goodell has a sudden change of heart. Doesn't make any sense to me at all. 

If they get different judges, they may get a different ruling.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That is interesting.  I guess Zeke wants to roll the dice on an a winner-take-all wager?  Tom Brady did, too.  I wonder if it will make any difference that the allegations on which Zeke's suspension are based are actually criminal while Tom Brady's were not?  I'm certainly not a lawyer:dunno:

All I know is that, when this is all said and done, it's not gonna look good for anyone.  I read through an article over on Deadspin with actual testimony excepts around this and I feel the need for a shower now:stillsick:

16 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

On the other hand, watching Jerruh's boys publicly squabble with the league office is like watching the Ravens and Steelers try to out-concuss each other.

9 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

On the other hand, watching Jerruh's boys publicly squabble with the league office is like watching the Ravens and Steelers try to out-concuss each other.

Only issue I have with that is if this turns out the same way for the Cowboys as it did for the Pats. 

The NFL is in a no win situation on these issues.  They took such a huge PR hit with the way they handled the Ray Rice situation that they basically came down with a zero tolerance for all domestic violence situations, then you have this situation with Zeke where no charges are filed and the NFL investigator who interviewed the witness didn't even think a suspension was warranted... but the NFL sort of had to act even if its just for the optics of the situation.

Also, as I typed "domestic violence" up there; I had another question... do we use DV as kind of a catch all for any male on female violence these days?  Joe Mixon cold cocked a woman who was otherwise a stranger, but I feel like I've heard it called DV in some places.  If he had punched a guy at the bar, it would just be "assault and battery" but if feels like somehow it has to delineate that the victim was female.  :dunno: 

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

The NFL is in a no win situation on these issues.  They took such a huge PR hit with the way they handled the Ray Rice situation that they basically came down with a zero tolerance for all domestic violence situations, then you have this situation with Zeke where no charges are filed and the NFL investigator who interviewed the witness didn't even think a suspension was warranted... but the NFL sort of had to act even if its just for the optics of the situation.

Also, as I typed "domestic violence" up there; I had another question... do we use DV as kind of a catch all for any male on female violence these days?  Joe Mixon cold cocked a woman who was otherwise a stranger, but I feel like I've heard it called DV in some places.  If he had punched a guy at the bar, it would just be "assault and battery" but if feels like somehow it has to delineate that the victim was female.  :dunno: 

I didn't know the woman Mixon hit was a stranger, because I've heard it referee to as domestic violence. That's frustrating, and an interesting point.

In Elliots case it was (allegedly) certainly violence of the domestic kind because he was in a relationship with the woman in question. 

I am of the opinion that unprovoked violence should be punished no matter who the assaulted person is, Mixon and Taje Shapre should both be suspended 6 games for assaulting someone, period. (I'm not calling for a Mixon suspension, I know he was disciplined by the NCAA. Just making a point.)

Archived