NFL 2017 Preaseason: Zeke the Freak to Sit 6 Weeks

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Pending appeal, of course.

I've just been able to triple-source that Ezekiel Elliot, the second year star running back of the Cowboys will indeed be suspended for the first 6 games of the 2017 season, though we expect that to be appealed down to 3 or 4 games before the season officially starts.

Obviously this is important for a variety of reasons to fantasy owners as a potential top-5 player, reasonably sure to auction for no less than 55 dollars is now uncertain to play for a third of the year.

Don't be surprised if he still goes off the board with a high price tag though, especially if the suspension is reduced below 5 games. Several high ranking people I've spoken to have suggested that he could still be worth a late second/early third round pick and about twenty to thirty dollars in an auction

40 minutes ago, briantw said:

Seems a little unfair to punish him for being taken in one of the greatest WR draft classes of all time.  He's not a bust just because he's not as good as OBJ or Mike Evans, and there's no guarantee he won't be on the same tier as those guys when all is said and done, as all of these guys could potentially play another decade in the NFL.  Elite WRs typically don't break down until around their age 33 season, after all.

And we're talking about a guy who, in his rookie year, put up 65-982-6 and then 60-1048-9 his sophomore year.  If he had been healthy last season, he likely would have built on that and been considered in the upper echelon of WRs like Evans and Beckham.  Given that he's still 24, it seems absurd to call him a bust when all it would take is one good season for him to be right back in the conversation.  

Bruh, do not try and slow my hot take rolls. Do you have any idea who I am!?!

I'M THE FANTASY FOOTBALL MEDIA INSIDER, MAN!!!

:P

3 hours ago, Week said:

No love for DJ?

The Cards will probably be bad this year. I think teams will stack up against him. Zeke, prior to the suspension, looked like the best RB to me. Still, I'd take Jones, Brown or OBJ over either of those two.

58 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Gotta figure the appeal will do the usual BS and see the exact same guy that decided on six games reduce it to four.

Exactly!  I have a sense the Emperor will be feeling magnanimous that day.  Or it could be that he's feeling "tough" and, thus, sticks with the 6 games.  But, either way, I believe he'll feel the NFL masses are appeased and that's really all that matters.

Ever since I heard Stephen Colbert forward "Spicy and the Mooch" as the title for a TV show, I've been trying to find a landing spot for it. Initially i thought it had to be a Cop/Buddy flick, but I think it could work for a syndicated Sportstalk show. Whatta ya say, Pony Queen? You want to be Spicy or you want to be The Mooch?

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Ever since I heard Stephen Colbert forward "Spicy and the Mooch" as the title for a TV show, I've been trying to find a landing spot for it. Initially i thought it had to be a Cop/Buddy flick, but I think it could work for a syndicated Sportstalk show. Whatta ya say, Pony Queen? You want to be Spicy or you want to be The Mooch?

I'm not crazy about it to be honest.

I love the idea though, the only thing I'm coming up with is 'Jace vs Jace: The Revenge of the Jace'.

Are there any indications that Jerruh plans to fight the Elliott suspension? Oh I fucking hope he does. Just to see him turn on Goodell. And I hope Robert Kraft takes the opportunity to suggest he sit down and shut the fuck up and take his punishment.

Sonuvabitch!

Niners 1st team is getting ready to take the field, and NFL Network switches to a one point game between Pittsburgh and the Giants... in the fourth quarter of a preseason game.

:bang: 

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Sonuvabitch!

Niners 1st team is getting ready to take the field, and NFL Network switches to a one point game between Pittsburgh and the Giants... in the fourth quarter of a preseason game.

:bang: 

Hahahahahahahaha!!!! Nobody cares about your shitty team!!!!

That's fucking ridiculous though.

11 hours ago, sperry said:

I don't even think it's worth fighting over for the Cowboys. Morris and McFadden are both starting caliber running backs in their own right. They should be fine.

But, neither is Zeke and its not even close. I just love the fact that the Cowboys stars are always fuck-ups.

Archived