US Politics: Locked, Loaded, Fired Up and Capitalized

Kalbear

3 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

...I thought Karl Rove was the embodyment of cynical idealgically charged evil. Does that count?

Yes, it counts because Turdblossom was all of that.  Unfortunately, there is more where that came from and currently they have infected our gov'mt.

5 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

Every speech he gives makes me cringe. I do not understand how the office can bear someone so inarticulate. 

No shit!  I thought Dubbya was the be all end all of babbling president's, but hoo boy, has that thought been put to rest.  (about six feet deep)

edt; the office can bear him because he has many enablers 

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Seconded. The most dangerous, unstable, incompetent POTUS in my lifetime, and it's not even close. 

Yeah, with one caveat. Up until now his sheer incompetence has kept him below the level of the illegal crusade/war and torture camp guy, but the Donald is absolutely dying to be worse and odds are he'll get there soon. 

7 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

No shit!  I thought Dubbya was the be all end all of babbling president's, but hoo boy, has that thought been put to rest.  (about six feet deep)

edt; the office can bear him because he has many enablers 

Oh I agree 100%. I still want to believe we're better than this as a nation, despite all the evidence to the contrary. As Aerosmith would say I'll "Dream On... Dream On!"

7 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

shut the fuck with that stupid shit, scot. you have been a confederate apologist for too long on this board and it is tired. 

you are a fucking lawyer and lack the ability to faithfully argue here. 

will you just go the fuck away? you have no friends here.

WTF?

9 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Yeah, with one caveat. Up until now his sheer incompetence has kept him below the level of the illegal crusade/war and torture camp guy, but the Donald is absolutely dying to be worse and odds are he'll get there soon. 

Yeah, and that's coming, I have no doubt. We are well and truly fucked.

7 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

shut the fuck with that stupid shit, scot. you have been a confederate apologist for too long on this board and it is tired. 

There isn't a like button anymore. :( 

14 minutes ago, MercurialCannibal said:

That's a bit over the line mate.

6 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That really does scare me.  Trump is not competent to handle a real crisis.

Trump has never been competent to handle a fake, imaginary, or a real crisis. 4! bankruptcies should have been the first clue that the  man  is and always will be, an incompetent boob, idiot,  moron,....and I am running out of diminutives. 

Just now, maarsen said:

Trump has never been competent to handle a fake, imaginary, or a real crisis. 4! bankruptcies should have been the first clue that the  man  is and always will be, an incompetent boob, idiot,  moron,....and I am running out of diminutives. 

Agreed.

11 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Seconded. Not cool, man. Way over the line.

Thirded.

You want the resistance to win out? Don't alienate the ones who are on your side. You want to bring up example after example of government not protecting at best and doing harm to people at worst. Please do! Get us riled, get us more on your side. I want to add my voice and support to those screaming over the injustice, but I don't accept anarchy as a solution.

Fighting violence with violence won't help you win, it will only serve to marginalize you more from society. Why do you have to play by the rules when the other side is doing so much harm and getting away with it? Because you're supposed to be the good guys. Sorry but equal treatment, respect, and the same rules for all is more important to me than revenge.

Now go ahead and call bullshit on me, call me naïve, if I'm not against them then I'm with them. I expect it. I know I'll be ignored or derided, but I needed to speak up here.

I lived through the Nixon years. Then I thought 'what are you people thinking down there?' Philip Roth wrote an absolutely scathing satire of the Nixon White House  called Our Gang.  I remember reading it then, giggling to myself as he skewered Nixon. I thought it was satire.  Now I realize that yesterday's  satire is today's  reality. 

Edit: I have always thought that this book and others in a similar vein did more to destroy Nixon than Watergate.  Evil Nixon was a lot easier to excuse and support than laughingstock Nixon.

Don't  shit on your supporters  because you disagree on tactics.  You need someone on the outside to post bail. Having a lawyer (Scot) doesn't hurt either. 

2 hours ago, Zorral said:

But when the police and courts are not protecting me, my family and home, then what?  Jeff Sessions has no interest at all in protecting me and mine from these people -- they are HIS people.

Again, THEY brought it.  They came to this city to do as much violence and mayem as possible.  Yet, you think they should have been issued a permit to do this -- and they were -- in the interest of preserving free speech, when their stated objective is to shut down all speech except theirs.  Those who advocate that should not be allowed the privilege or right to exercise that speech directed at silencing every one else.

Yes, that is the problem the USA faces, but to be fair that has been true since its founding.

So, reasonable odds that one of the older ex-Presidents passes away during Trump's tenure. Meaning he has to give a eulogy. Can you imagine it?

If...big if...he remembers to mention the deceased at all I'm giving vine even money he uses 'what'shisname'. 

Archived