Kalbear

US Politics: Locked, Loaded, Fired Up and Capitalized

416 posts in this topic

So we've threatened North Korea repeatedly, threatened Venezuela, are continuing to threaten the ACA, threaten failure to increase the debt ceiling and therefore default on loans...

This really is the fastest collapse of the US and the world that anyone has ever seen. But Republicans got Gorsuch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

So we've threatened North Korea repeatedly, threatened Venezuela, are continuing to threaten the ACA, threaten failure to increase the debt ceiling and therefore default on loans...

You forgot gov't shutdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

You forgot gov't shutdown.

Honestly, if the government shuts  down I'm not sure how bad that actually is with this government.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the threats to minority voters really do exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threats to women's health really do exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Threats to the environment are really real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

Honestly, if the government shuts  down I'm not sure how bad that actually is with this government.

The problem there is most parts of this government you'd want to shutdown are essential personnel.  When you consider who the non-essential personnel are, it makes it all the more scary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

The problem there is most parts of this government you'd want to shutdown are essential personnel.  When you consider who the non-essential personnel are, it makes it all the more scary.

However, since Vlad Putin is now the official Personnel Manager of the United States of Amerika, what he says goes.  Plus, his little protégé Prezzie Wanna Be the Nuclear Prez, is behind Putin and his firing decisions 100% because now the savings on payroll 'ka-ching!' are just rollin' on in baybee, and it's all good.  

:pimp:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to know where China stands.

Quote

BEIJING (Reuters) - If North Korea launches an attack that threatens the United States then China should stay neutral, but if the United States attacks first and tries to overthrow North Korea's government China will stop them, a Chinese state-run newspaper said on Friday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Honestly, if the government shuts  down I'm not sure how bad that actually is with this government.

That's sounding strangely Conservative. But I smell what you're cooking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

Honestly, if the government shuts  down I'm not sure how bad that actually is with this government.

It's not like they are doing anything aside from repealing what a black president put forth during his terms. This government is so understaffed it might as well shut down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

However, since Vlad Putin is now the official Personnel Manager of the United States of Amerika, what he says goes.

 

I tried to convince people to vote me into this position. For I would've been a benevolent tyrant. 

Taco Tuesday would've been mandatory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

I tried to convince people to vote me into this position. For I would've been a benevolent tyrant. 

Taco Tuesday would've been mandatory. 

:crying:   My tears fall for a deep lack of Taco Tuesday's.  A humane policy, alas, never to be realized.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The fragile white boys gathering in Charlottesville couldn't wait until tomorrow for their scheduled sulk and broke out the tiki torches tonight at UVA. They won't be replaced, you see. 

 

 

Edited by kairparavel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget war on the media and academia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

The fragile white boys gathering in Charlottesville couldn't wait until tomorrow for their scheduled sulk and broke out the tiki torches tonight at UVA. They won't be replaced, you see. 

 

 

Absolute waste of time and effort by both sides. I truly hope no one gets hurt or killed over this ridiculous, symbolic bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Absolute waste of time and effort by both sides. I truly hope no one gets hurt or killed over this ridiculous, symbolic bullshit.

Ya know, when I was in college I had very strong political opinions.  Karl Rove visited my campus and I actually ran into Paul Wolfowitz at an upscale market.  Still, my focus was on getting fucked up and laid.  (Ok, I yelled at Wolfowitz in the market - the SS guys didn't care and we actually had a cool conversation.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Ya know, when I was in college I had very strong political opinions.  Karl Rove visited my campus and I actually ran into Paul Wolfowitz at an upscale market.  Still, my focus was on getting fucked up and laid.  (Ok, I yelled at Wolfowitz in the market - the SS guys didn't care and we actually had a cool conversation.)

Sure, I hope more of these protesters and counter-protesters get drunk and laid than get hurt. That would be cool. If that's all it is, cool. 

 

/So far I'm not seeing anything on the Googles regarding this, so I guess it's been peaceful. I hope it remains so.

Edited by Manhole Eunuchsbane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the completely unsurprising surprise category, Rasmussen has Trump's approval rating already up 6 with the NK thing. So, yeah...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

These are not UVA students. These are the fuckwits in town for the Unite the Right rally tomorrow, where they will air their butthurt while wearing their best Fred Perry or Klan dresses. And the anti-fa who will counter. 

http://wtvr.com/2017/08/11/terry-mcauliffe-charlottesville-rally/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/charlottesville-readies-for-a-white-nationalist-rally-on-saturday/2017/08/10/cff4786e-7c49-11e7-83c7-5bd5460f0d7e_story.html

Edited by kairparavel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.