US Politics: Locked, Loaded, Fired Up and Capitalized

Kalbear

10 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

What world is this where someone is even suggesting that nazism isn't a threat of violence.  

Yeah, gonna say it...AGAIN.  Nazi. Apologist. Go ahead, spend a dozen posts trying to explain that you aren't.  Just expect my response to constantly be quoting about four or five of your posts in this thread, including (and especially) this one.  

Now I ain't saying she a gold digger,

But I'm curious where she keeps getting all these gold nuggets.

What on earth is one meant to do if the rule of law is utterly failing, but you're meant to wait until imminent personal violence? If you don't fight it before people start getting thrown in camps, it's too late. You need to be fighting this shit now ffs.

I just Watched the video of that neo nazi plowing into people with his car. Look at how the brake lights aren't on. He had no intention of stopping. He intended to drive right through them and get away. He just didn't see the cars in front of him because of the people blocking the view.

In other (protest) news, the border wall:

Shortly before dawn, at least 250 people gathered in front of Our Lady of Guadalupe Church and made the walk to the chapel for a rally where speakers pushed for leaders to reject the wall and called on residents to take action.

I totally believe neonazis and fascists deserve no recognition and no credit or merit. Everything they say should be decried as foul and completely wrong. I just also believe they still have the right to say it.

One thing I've learned since last November, if there's ever another election where there are hints that if one side loses there will be non peaceful reactions, "second amendment solutions" and all that, I'll never feel superior for being on the other side again.

36 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

I just Watched the video of that neo nazi plowing into people with his car. Look at how the brake lights aren't on. He had no intention of stopping. He intended to drive right through them and get away. He just didn't see the cars in front of him because of the people blocking the view.

Yeah, that is straight up murder no doubt. If he's not charged with murder, then that will be a true failure of Rule of Law, full stop.

/Pile on some Terror charges just for good measure. That guy needs to go away for the rest of his days.

3 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, that is straight up murder no doubt. If he's not charged with murder, then that will be a true failure of Rule of Law, no doubt.

He is being charged with murder:

“James Alex Fields Jr.... is charged with one count of 2nd degree murder, 3 counts of malicious wounding and one count of failing to stop at an accident resulting in a death,” Col. Martin Kumer, the superintendent of Albemarle-Charlottesville Regional Jail, told HuffPost in an email.

8 minutes ago, drawkcabi said:

I totally believe neonazis and fascists deserve no recognition and no credit or merit. Everything they say should be decried as foul and completely wrong. I just also believe they still have the right to say it.

One thing I've learned since last November, if there's ever another election where there are hints that if one side loses there will be non peaceful reactions, "second amendment solutions" and all that, I'll never feel superior for being on the other side again.

Drawkabi,

An essay on the seductive nature of the "nazi-exception" that you might find interesting:

https://www.popehat.com/2017/04/18/the-seductive-appeal-of-the-nazi-exception/

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That guy needs to go away for the rest of his days.

Plenty of white supremacist gangs in prison for him to continue being a complete asshole with.

55 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Now I ain't saying she a gold digger,

But I'm curious where she keeps getting all these gold nuggets.

What on earth is one meant to do if the rule of law is utterly failing, but you're meant to wait until imminent personal violence? If you don't fight it before people start getting thrown in camps, it's too late. You need to be fighting this shit now ffs.

Mind-boggling, karaddin.  Absolutely mind-boggling.  I don't get how it looks so clear to us while others are posting how we shouldn't be seduced by "the nazi exception", as though it makes perfect sense to continue to allow the extremely violent, genocidal maniacs to organize and recruit until they reach the fucking white house (or whatever country leader's home we might be discussing) and then infiltrate all the highest levels of office and begin writing laws and making executive orders and so on and so forth.  No, no, let's not be seduced by nazi hate because we aren't in the camps yet.  For fuck's sake.  FOR FUCK'S SAKE. 

When this history is written, I'm thankful there will be an electronic record of all the shitbags who were complacent, who were apologists, who let this shit happen.  They won't get to pretend and make up stories about their contribution to what's happening. 

53 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

I wonder if he thought he was in a state that allowed motorists to run over protesters.  

6 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

K, quick palate cleanser. While I'm not in complete agreement with the POV, these have been cracking me up. And I need a laugh right about now...

http://textsfromsuperheroes.com/post/153885834428/altright

Personally I prefer this one. http://textsfromsuperheroes.com/image/156999986576

Archived