[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

24 minutes ago, Corvinus said:
  • Bronn: Dragon or no, I'm sticking with you until I get what I'm owed. 2 sec later... Dragons is where I draw the line. bwahahaha
  • Dany: I'm here to break the Wheel that has been screwing everyone, so... bend the knee or die. bwahahaha
  • Gendry's hammer - fucking ridiculous - looked like a dwarf hammer from The Hobbit movies. I guess the show is trying to tell us that Gendry has become as strong as his dad, but if that head is made of solid steel, no one but the Mountain could realistically wield it.
  • So Davos knew all along where Gendry was. Ok, not really mad about that, but Gendry's absentia til now is still annoying. But Davos decided to warn Gendry that KL ain't safe anymore, because of dragons coming. Ok, his plan was to take him to Winterfell, because he's much safer there with winter and the dead coming. Sure
  • Arya needs to chill out, and let Sansa rule. She knows how to kill, not rule.
  • The casual reveal that Jon ain't really a bastard - it's been coming, but this was bullshit.
  • Absolutely no buildup to the Jon-Drogon scene; Dany, fresh off her victory and roasting the Tarlys, lands in front of Jon, for what? To intimidate, to roast Jon, too? Just fan service to show that Jon is a Targ.
  • Jon arriving at Eastwatch takes the cake for characters teleporting across the map; it really doesn't bother me that they don't show a character's journey from A to B, but it does bother me knowing that while all this is happening, Dany and Tyrion will probably do fuck all at Dragonstone, until the plot demands that they do something. Just like they did fuck all, while fleets sailed around Westeros, and did battle.

That sums it up nicely.

I hate the fact that the whole annulment thing (and I still don't believe Rhaegar would have made his first children into bastards like that) is found out so casually.

Absolute barf-moment:bang::crying: is the lovey-dovey-scene where Cersei reveals she is pregnant (all hail legal incest babies now! It's all the rage now! And can be done openly without repercussions whatsoever...) - Larry literally almost cried with joy - quivering upper lip and everything -  I was expecting him to loot the gift shop bringing back balloons, teddy bears and cigars to celebrate.

So Lord Tarly betrays his liege lord for the Lannisters but refuses to bend the knee to Dany because she is a foreign invader?

Dany is of House Targaryen who ruled the 7K for over 300 years, until the Baratheons usurped the Iron Throne. In fact, House Targaryen raised the Tyrells to the position of Warden of the South and gave them Highgarden. 

If given the choice between serving Cersei, who murdered the Tyrells and destroyed the Faith of the Seven at the Sept of Baelor, or serving Dany, I would choose Dany. His liege lord was Olenna and she declared for the Targaryens. 

Lord Tarly reminded me of Tywin, when he was addressing Tyrion. I think that Tywin would have bent the knee to save his own hide.

3 minutes ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

By the way, I was pissed with the manner Jaime survived...Bronn saving him actually made sense, but them both emerging far away from the battlefield was too much. Jaime was wearing heavy armor, no way Broon would have managed to get that distant by swinnig, even if the stream was favorable

And they weren't as far from the battle that Dany and the Dothraki couldn't have caught them. I mean, how far can you really run from a dragon? 

2 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I am renaming this episode to Hassle in the Castle.

You guys remember watching Scooby-Doo, and there would be a scene where the kids were chasing the bad guy and they would run between the rooms, and somehow the bad guy would end up chasing them, and then they would get split up and all end up in different rooms, doors opening and closing in the hallway as they all tried to one up each other??? Yeah, that is what Littlefinger and Arya are up to now. Playing Scooby-Doo.

Kinda like this.

Ghost was still  being too ghostly to play :crying:

Yep.

Instead of sitcoms I now watch "Hassle in the Castle" and all the other ridiculous episodes of this season. BUt somehow it mostly makes me cry or shout out angrily at the TV... though occassionally I laugh hysterically.

I just realized Sansa has a vase with fresh flowers in her bedroom/office (where she has "work to do")  - where does she get those? Ohhh.... I forgot...winter is only there now and again... and only in certain northern regions.

1 minute ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yep.

Instead of sitcoms I now watch "Hassle in the Castle" and all the other ridiculous episodes of this season. BUt somehow it mostly makes me cry or shout out angrily at the TV... though occassionally I laugh hysterically.

I just realized Sansa has a vase with fresh flowers in her bedroom/office (where she has "work to do")  - where does she get those? Ohhh.... I forgot...winter is only there now and again... and only in certain northern regions.

She's spent her efforts on getting the glass gardens fixed? Instead of food though she's growing flowers :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I am renaming this episode to Hassle in the Castle.

You guys remember watching Scooby-Doo, and there would be a scene where the kids were chasing the bad guy and they would run between the rooms, and somehow the bad guy would end up chasing them, and then they would get split up and all end up in different rooms, doors opening and closing in the hallway as they all tried to one up each other??? Yeah, that is what Littlefinger and Arya are up to now. Playing Scooby-Doo.

Kinda like this.

Ghost was still  being too ghostly to play :crying:

:lmao:this is gold

So Larry is all okay with crazy Carol bringing another one of his kids into their fucked up world. And he stands there and takes constant abuse and threats from her. And why the hell does Dany agree to an armstice when she just decimated the Lannister and Reach armies? Carol's plot armor is so insane. From the looks of it, D&D may even have Carol retire peacefully to Casterly Rock in the end. 

13 hours ago, Holly Macaroni said:

Jaime swam, like, a mile? underwater?

Worse, he was dragged to safety by Bronn underwater AND Bron was also able to retrieve his golden hand!!! (which clearly wasn't at the end of Jamie's arm at the end of episode 4).

Oh, and the man just tried to kill Daenerys but NO ONE THOUGHT TO SEE WHETHER AND WHERE HE WOULD SURFACE?

That was the most ridiculous thing on the show since the White Walker and the army of the dead ignored Sam way back when.

5 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Yep.

And yet, Renly couldn't get a simple peach on the show.

Logic :wub:

I love how every army in the land can teleport all over, but the one army that requires no rest or supplies is still sightseeing way up there north of the Wall. Either Google maps doesn't work up there, and the Night's King got lost and turned around a few times, or D&D simply said, NO TELEPORTATION FOR YOU!!!

Maybe he's like one of those gamers who absolutely has to collect every point at a level (i.e. every corpse) before moving on.

Holy Hell, as someone who read the leaks, I expected this episode to be one of the weakest of the season plot-wise.  But also dialogue wise it's really hammy.

Thank God there are only 8 more episodes.  I can't handle the butchering of ASOIAF anymore.  Right now, HBO is with D&D like Warner Bros is with giving Zack Snyder the reins continuously bad movie after bad movie even though they have the resources to hire better writers/directors.

9 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Arya is badass enough to beat Brienne but not to outwit Littlefinger in the art of spying, even though she's a Faceless Person. 

Hollywood assassins are always warriors first, and require plot shenanigans to allow them to succeed at other stuff. 

36 minutes ago, no_one_... said:

Also, Jon knows about Arya and Bran from the Raven.

Yeah, I mean maybe it could be they were both too heartbroken to mention her because they both thought she was dead, but now it's like what? Jon admittedly has no way of knowing Gendry was friends with Arya, but Gendry sure as hell knows Jon' her brother. Why wouldn't be bring Arya up as well as Ned?

25 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Absolutely true.

And also: last thing Gendry knew Arya was with the BwB. You'd think he'd ask them whether they sold her to the Freys or something, if Jon and Gendry kept absolutely mum about her for the weeks they supposedly journeyed by boat.

It's like literally everything about Arya is relevant: Jon hears she's alive, Gendry who was her closest friend returns, BwB who Arya ran away from because they sold Gendry returns, the Hound who picked up her after the Brotherhood returns....aaaaand no mention of her at all. 

1 minute ago, AryaUnderfoot33 said:

It's like literally everything about Arya is relevant: Jon hears she's alive, Gendry who was her closest friend returns, BwB who Arya ran away from because they sold Gendry returns, the Hound who picked up her after the Brotherhood returns....aaaaand no mention of her at all. 

I guess we should be grateful that they didn't write dialogue like

Gendry: "Oh, I was with 'a girl'"

Jon : "A girl, he? Yeah, I just learned "a girl" lives."

Gendry to Thoros or Beric: "So, what'd you do with a girl?"

Thoros and Beric pointing at the Hound: "A girl ran away with a man here."

Hound looking sheepishly: "A big girl beat me and a girl left me to die."

Archived