[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

Also, Cersei telling Jaime she will make it public it is their child. Nobody cares about kinslaying, legitimacy, incest or blowing up the Sept in the middle of the capital. This Cersei plot has to end, please Night King, come and take them all!

3 minutes ago, Duckface said:

Also, Cersei telling Jaime she will make it public it is their child. Nobody cares about kinslaying, legitimacy, incest or blowing up the Sept in the middle of the capital. This Cersei plot has to end, please Night King, come and take them all!

I still hope for that red comet to come back ;o) Nobody needs Joffrey 2.0 ;o))

53 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Good to see you've taken your Jon hate on the road!

Please, this has nothing to do with that. No one in the books is going to make the bastard king. This is, thankfully, a feudal society where trueborn children inherit. And thankfully Rickon and Sansa and Arya are still around, eligible to inherit. A scenario like this 'King in the North' travesty is never going to happen in the books.

Jon could still become king there, of course, but only when people have really good reason to pass over all the trueborn Starks. Which they most likely never will get. Quite a few Northmen actually do know that Brandon and Rickon Stark are still alive.

53 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

Anyway, came to say what I assume has already been said dozens of time over:  An annulment?  Really?  After two kids.  And was that a Maester who was apparently reporting it and performed the ceremony?  Either way, someone was just like, hey, let's send this to the Citadel from a random tower in Dorne for perpetuity.  It will just sit there until a barely literate wilding happens upon it.

Why not? This is the show. And it is scarcely less ridiculous than the scenario proposed for the books.

What makes the whole thing suck is that this supposedly happened in Dorne and that it remained 'secret' and that a High Septon was involved. Secret annulments and secret marriages do not exist. They are worth nothing. And the High Septon doesn't live in Dorne. And annulment would mean that his children by Elia retroactively become bastards. That's pretty much ridiculous.

In addition, in the books Doran Martell would have learned about that and he would have killed Rhaegar for it - or he would have permanently cut his ties with House Targaryen.

If Rhaegar and Lyanna did marry they would have done it publicly. That's what's likely going to be revealed in the books. We never learned what happened after the abduction there, but the show apparently doesn't have the courage to even stick to the whole book back story here. In the books Rhaegar could have tried to play the polygamy card. But I guess that would have been 'wrong' in the show setting, so they cut it. I'm not even sure they ever mentioned the Conqueror's polygamy in the show. Did they?

I'm sure it was discussed to death last week, but holy shit the thermal radiation of dragon fire is ridiculously concentrated. Didn't realize that fire doesn't follow the laws of thermodynamics when it comes from a dragon. Also, the area where they were is was super dry, Dany really needs to be more concerned about starting a brushfire. Obviously Smoky The Bear doesn't exist in Westeros.

I honestly zoned out through about half of this, didn't realize there was a Cersie is pregnant bit, and I have no clue what all the super sluthing by Arya was about, but it seems I didn't miss much.

Good to see that plastic has come to Westeros, makes hammers look so much more intimidating why keeping the weight down nicely.

I also missed the "big" reveal of the annulment, I'm sure that will excite the rubes who enjoy this drek.

The Turdlys dying had zero effect out side of me just wondering why introduce us to them in the first place if you're just gonna decide to go a full 180 from their book counterparts. Did Jamie promise them the Lordship of Highgarden, or the title of Warden of the East? I can't remember much for any episode the day after all this shit is so bad and forgettable.

The fact that Dickon getting roasted was supposed to elisit any reaction besides eyerolling is silly. He was literally a cardboard cut out following around a slightly better cardboard cut out he calls Dad. Up until midway through last week I didn't give two shits about this geek, and D&D expect me to react to his death? Fuck off.

2 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

In the books Rhaegar could have tried to play the polygamy card. But I guess that would have been 'wrong' in the show setting, so they cut it. I'm not even sure they ever mentioned the Conqueror's polygamy in the show. Did they?

Hahahaahahahaa.... of course Ding&Dong never mention that possibility. They say "fuck" a lot and repeat phrases from the earlier seasons... but that's pretty much it now. I am not even sure they really explained the conquest ;o)

6 minutes ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Hahahaahahahaa.... of course Ding&Dong never mention that possibility. They say "fuck" a lot and repeat phrases from the earlier seasons... but that's pretty much it now. I am not even sure they really explained the conquest ;o)

Yeah, I was so glad we got another 'cunt' this episode. I was beginning to miss the sound of that word.

By the way - is there any chance those stupid goons have any chance to capture a wight and carry it back to the Wall. I mean, how is that supposed to work. The 'army of the dead' is out there, is it not? I'm sure seven super great guys (missing Davos who might be able to pay the Others off, I guess, but only if it still five gold dragons and only if he can tell some silly tale for free) can kill a bunch of them but sure the others will notice, won't they?

I mean, we'll know that 

Spoiler

Dany is going to save them. But fucking shit. Why didn't they take the dragons beyond the Wall in the first place. That would make it a lot easier to find the wights and then get out there in one piece. And Daenerys sure as hell would have seen the Others then, too. For free. And perhaps they could even have fried the Dark Lord, ending this sad tale for good and all.

Other thing:

Cersei knows that Bronn betrayed her. Cersei threatens Jaime to never betray her again (which he didn't, since he actually told her about his talk with Tyrion).

Why on earth does Bronn, this piece of shit, still live. He openly said he wouldn't fight against the dragons. That is treason in addition to the whole Tyrion thing. The Cersei we have in the show would kill him for either of those offenses. But she doesn't do this because they want to keep the actor around.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. It was so bad...

1. SO Cersei knew Tyrion is in town and she did nothing? And suddenly she turned back into some sort of reasonable person?

2. THE WORST PLAN EVER MADE. Period.

3. Arya!!! WTF. Not only that she behaved like an idiot with Sansa. But this stealth ninja assassin was played by LF like a fiddle.

4. BURN THEM ALL. I wonder how Jon will mediate between Sam and Dany. Bros before...

5. Dany "I am breaking the wheel". Oh you don't agree? Sorry, I, the wheel, will crush you.

14 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

Other thing:

Cersei knows that Bronn betrayed her. Cersei threatens Jaime to never betray her again (which he didn't, since he actually told her about his talk with Tyrion).

Why on earth does Bronn, this piece of shit, still live. He openly said he wouldn't fight against the dragons. That is treason in addition to the whole Tyrion thing. The Cersei we have in the show would kill him for either of those offenses. But she doesn't do this because they want to keep the actor around.

Bronn should have just married Lollys Stokeworth. End of story.

But now he  will surely be heartbroken when he has to decide whether he wants to be Team Jaime or Team Tyrion.

Spoiler

But knowing that Jaime will finally leave KL at the end of this season (about 2.5 to 3 seasons too late) Cersei will probably hunt all three of them down... with her dragon killing device ;o)

6 minutes ago, Risto said:

5. Dany "I am breaking the wheel". Oh you don't agree? Sorry, I, the wheel, will crush you.

Oh YES - please do!

4 minutes ago, Risto said:

Oh, I have forgotten about the jealousy game between Jorah and Jon... It was amazing. For a Mexican soap opera.

Yup. Classic daytime television. I am waiting for a cunning love triangle - until Daario shows up again .. making it a "love square" or a "love quadrangle"?!

Dany: Bend the knee!

Lord Tarly: Go f*ck yourself.

Dickon: Burn me too!!!

Dany: Why?

Dickon: I am his son!!!

Tyrion: Seriously, bro?

Dickon: Yeah, that's all I got. I'm here to be noble and honourable, and likeable. That is all. Goodbye!!!

*Both burn alive*

What I expected: 

Dickon: Let my father live and I will bend the knee!!!

Dany: Fair enough.

*Dickon Kneels* Dany just got the remaining Lannisters' and Tarlys' to her side with no casualties. 

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!

1 hour ago, Duckface said:

Littlefinger getting caught is quite stupid. Like literally, why would he not burn the letter right away?

He wanted to get caught. That's why he did his creepysmirk when he eyed Arya coming out of his room. 

All part of his master plan to turn Arya against Sandra...something, something...sit on the Iron Throne. 

15 minutes ago, Risto said:

But this stealth ninja assassin was played by LF like a fiddle.

Arya's mistake is thinking home is a safe place. Given her experiences, can one blame a young girl? I think it's perfectly in-character for her to let her guard down in Winterfell, among family no less.

The assassins work best when nobody knows they're there or what they look like. But Arya's dumb showing off with her list and her sparring with Brienne is like sending a huge warning to everyone who's even barely paying attention - which Baelish most certainly is.

1 hour ago, LulaMae Barnes said:

Littlefinger is done "littlefingering"(aka leaning on a wall, smirking and irishing a lot this season) - he now remembers that he is a schemer. 

His schemes involve leaning against walls and smirking, too. We saw him do it again tonight. 

He shall never not littlefinger. (Won't have much time to do anything else, at this rate.)

Archived