[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Repercussion

Lady Fevre Dream

1 minute ago, SerMixalot said:

Oh and Drogon took an arrow to the knee to the point he falls out of the sky but then magically alright the next day.

After Arya was stabed several times, a knife twisted insided her belly, next day she was jumping from one roof to another....  Jaime was sinking in a 10 feet deep lake and swam 100 yards with an armor....   so Drogon arrow is a piece of cake...

Becoming a James Bond movie... Everything that Martin is NOT about...

33 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

ummm why are they bringing a white walker to cersei?  Couldn't whatever they want be achieved by flying dany and 3 dragons to the red keep and demanding it?

how will a white walker impact Cersei's thinking?  

The answer is quite simply, that it is a stall to keep Lena Heady in the show. There is absolutely no reason Dany hasn't taken Cersei out yet and also no way to justify staying power of Cersei so we are left with impotent schemes to avoid the conflict altogether

Oh, I found another small scene worthy of a good TV Show. In terms of acting. When Jamie convinces Cersei that it was really Olenna who killed Joffrey by explaining why he thinks, Olenna didn't lie when telling him. The facial expression changing in Lena Headleys face was one of the better acting moments in Season 7, I think.

1 hour ago, Banjo said:

Tormund apparently somehow knows that Cersei and Jamie are incestuous. A secret so important once that Jamie tried to kill a little kid over, is now known by a wildling from beyond the wall. Now I would like to know what context this came up in when Jon was filling in on Tormund about the seven kingdoms. "By the way, just between you and me, the queen fucks her brother. Gross!"

Their twincest became common knowledge after Stannis spread the word. Everyone south of the Wall knew by Season Two. Carol sits on the Iron Throne and is fighting the big war with Dany, so she'd no doubt be a frequent topic of conversation. 

Tormund could've heard from anyone. I imagine him asking about every important woman in the kingdom, how tall she is and how closely she resembles a bear. 

BTW, wouldn't it be better if Sansa and Arya worked together against LF?  Wouldn't that give some much needed positive female relationship/Stark love to the show?  It could easily be done.  Have Arya and Sansa discuss LF being there and the potential trouble it could cause.  Sansa can make the case that the Vale troops are in LF's pockets. Show Royce saying that LF is Sweet Robin's representative and he is bound to follow LF.  Have the northern lords echo some of LF's discontent in meetings with Sansa.  Have Arya defend Sansa. Have Sansa use her skills as a leader/diplomat combined with Arya's intelligence gathering and ruthlessness to out LF to whatever fate LF has in store.

Just now, Snormund said:

What exactly is Cersei's reasoning for not killling Tyrion? Unless she was bullshitting Jaime about knowing he was there 

at this point, the same reason why Cersei is still alive. as this post say..... 

11 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

The answer is quite simply, that it is a stall to keep Lena Heady in the show. There is absolutely no reason Dany hasn't taken Cersei out yet and also no way to justify staying power of Cersei so we are left with impotent schemes to avoid the conflict altogether

because Dinklage needs to be in the final season....

19 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

Oh and Drogon took an arrow to the knee to the point he falls out of the sky but then magically alright the next day.

14 minutes ago, King Louis II (KLII) said:

After Arya was stabed several times, a knife twisted insided her belly, next day she was jumping from one roof to another....  Jaime was sinking in a 10 feet deep lake and swam 100 yards with an armor....   so Drogon arrow is a piece of cake...

This. Also, Drogon took THREE spears in Meereen when he was much smaller and younger and he took like one sick day or so. This was obviously not going to hurt him. 

1 minute ago, RhaenysB said:

This. Also, Drogon took THREE spears in Meereen when he was much smaller and younger and he took like one sick day or so. This was obviously not going to hurt him. 

Drogon is a dragon so that's not that bad imo. 

1 hour ago, David Selig said:

Anyway, nothing in this show makes sense this season. Why bother convincing Cersei of anything when she has no armies left and doesn't control anything right now except the capital? Dany could just go there, melt the Red Keep, burn Cersei a;ove, take over, and that would be it. Nobody would cry for Cersei and it will be way less of a bloodbath than the battle in the previous episode.

Technically, she has Urine and we don't know how much of the Lannister/Reach defector/Frey armies remain. I know on this show one lord dying can knock the entire region out of consideration. But this is Carol we're talking about. 

That being said, Dany could totally burn her out with minimal civilian casualties. There's no reason not to try, except that Qyburn has probably set up anti-aircraft batteries by now. 

They don't need Carol, anyway. They have Dothraki, Unsullied, the North, and if they assassinate Littlefinger the Vale at least. I'd like more than that to fight the Night King, but Carol doesn't add all that much. 

Passage of time is just so screwed up at this point, it's unbelievable. I understand a little bit of blame falls on GRRM because D&D stalled hoping for him to write the books, but that's no excuse. As soon as the show was renewed after the first season, they should have had every season mapped out through the end, not waited on the books to get written.

As others have pointed out, the amount of time this wight mission would actually take is completely disconnected from any internal consistency within the show. I'm going to piss off book fans here, but this is what the show should have done to keep the pace moving:

Skipped Mereen.

- Dany should have set off for Westeros at the end of Season 4.

- Joffrey should have been kept alive longer because he was a fun villian and Ramsey was a lame replacement (and Euron is worse).

-Season 5 should have been Tywin vs the Dragon Queen. 

-Winter should have begun at the last episode of season 5.

-Season 6 could have seen Cersei taking control and Tyrion defecting after killing dad.

-Scrap Battle of the Bastard. Let the North be Stannis and Ramsey duking it out.

-Bringing a wight South to unite humanity against real threat should have been a season long arc for Jon in season 6. Because that's how long it would have taken.

-Season 6 should have ended with the wall coming down.

-Season 7 should have ended with the human side losing  the war, not ready to win with all secrets known before the Walkers even get South of the Wall

-Season 8 should have been the comeback.

11 minutes ago, SerMixalot said:

BTW, wouldn't it be better if Sansa and Arya worked together against LF?  Wouldn't that give some much needed positive female relationship/Stark love to the show?  It could easily be done.  Have Arya and Sansa discuss LF being there and the potential trouble it could cause.  Sansa can make the case that the Vale troops are in LF's pockets. Show Royce saying that LF is Sweet Robin's representative and he is bound to follow LF.  Have the northern lords echo some of LF's discontent in meetings with Sansa.  Have Arya defend Sansa. Have Sansa use her skills as a leader/diplomat combined with Arya's intelligence gathering and ruthlessness to out LF to whatever fate LF has in store.

I'm hoping that Arya was playing him, she needs to find something to discredit him in front of the Northern Lords and the Knights of the Vale before she kills him. I can't imagine that she would make that many blunders, and have no idea that LF is standing there, just around the corner, rubbing his hands and twirling his villainous mustache and smirking.

53 minutes ago, Lockjaw of House Boltagon said:

Especially because Cersei's gonna be like, "A zombie, is that supposed to impress me? Here, let me introduce you to UnGregor." 

That's the first thing that occurred to me. Has the show forgotten Carol has her own pet zombie?

It would be another matter if they were hunting for White Walkers. Which would be immeasurably more foolish to attempt, and I don't even know if they can go where it's not winter yet without melting or whatever. But at least that might impress Carol. 

If she didn't try to ally with it against everyone in the world but Larry. (Or including Larry, if she was feeling pissy that day )

21 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

This is true and for a good reason, because

15 minutes ago, Greywater-Watch said:

Oh, I found another small scene worthy of a good TV Show. In terms of acting. When Jamie convinces Cersei that it was really Olenna who killed Joffrey by explaining why he thinks, Olenna didn't lie when telling him. The facial expression changing in Lena Headleys face was one of the better acting moments in Season 7, I think.

she is actually one of the very good actors they have left in the show.

It is of course a great great shame plot wise; and Dany should have just said (sent a ravens to her and some agents on the streets on ep1 at the latest) saying: Look, b*tch, you have 48 hours to leave KL for Casterly Rock and give up the Crown. If you happen to still be there at the time, I will melt the Red Keep. GLHF, D.

Game Over. But they need Lena Headey and the other good actors whose characters they have not killed.

10 minutes ago, Snormund said:

Drogon is a dragon so that's not that bad imo. 

That's what I meant, yeah. No sarcasm there,  I always take the dragons' side. 

9 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

You flatter me, but of course! :D

It'll be a priced possession over the mantel piece until my ungrateful fat child brings his foreign girlfriend home and steals it because I tell him to see a dietician. 

28 minutes ago, iprayiam said:

I don't know if I would go as far as to say that there is "no reason." The whole... "I don't want to be Queen of the ashes" logic is probably pretty solid. I do understand your point, but I think there is some wiggle room there. 

Archived