[SPOILERS] What did you love about this episode?

Wolves Die Young

Just now, Infeth said:

Because you know, wanting power is bad when you suffered power all your life. Because she is a woman too, because she has a proud and noble attitude that bothers ugly losers like Arya, and because she is hated since the beginning because of this stupid wolves stuff.

When Littlefinger wants power, he is the best, everyone admire his talent for plotting, but when Sansa wants power, she is a bitch who wants Jon's seat. Pull yourself together, he is not even a true Stark, only by his mother, and he has 0 talent for ruling, he is just a Eddard bis, but hey, Eddard's head is still rolling! :D I wish I was confortable enough with english to say what I think about him but I'm not, that's frustrating! :angry2:

Sansa wants everything.  She wants to do nothing to earn it. 

The journeys of Sansa V Arya are, hmmm, STARK.  One of them was plucked from constant harassment and psychic abuse, brought the safety, protected and cradled, taught and hand-held the entire time, put back in her home, saved from certain death, and then when it's all over, she wants the person who did all that KILLED and then expects to rule Winterfell when nothing she personally did made that happen. 

Stark In Name Only.

Arya was initially a victim, getting taken and kidnapped everywhere by different people, but still training the entire time, eventually threw away everything and got on a ship for a foreign nation to train more, sought out strangers not for a free lunch but for knowledge and wisdom, kept training, fought and clawed, learned to pay attention and be observant, honed her skills, HAD A PLAN FOR HERSELF RELYING ON NO ONE.

True Stark.

Arya returned home only to find Lady Deadheart at the helm of Winterfell just waiting for another Free Lunch for when Jon dies so she can rule uninterrupted.  Sansa has done not one thing on her own except maybe I consider jumping off a wall to be self-initiated.  Before that, she was a little hatchling being housed, clothed and educated by Littlefinger.

What a CHILD Sansa is.  She went from one type of CHILD into another form of CHILD.

16 minutes ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

Cersei gives birth to twin boys.

The second twin kills her coming out.

THERE is your valonqar. :)

I can easily rant on this, but does the character of Cersei really believe she can get out of "this" with a child and live happily on after with Jaime?  I'm unsure if THIS is the more pressing question or do the SHOW WRITERS really believe this was a plot point that was in any way valid.

I mean, after all this with The Maggy and it all came true, she really thinks THIS will happen now?  It's alternate reality and in GOT that doesn't really work for me.

11 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I can easily rant on this, but does the character of Cersei really believe she can get out of "this" with a child and live happily on after with Jaime?  I'm unsure if THIS is the more pressing question or do the SHOW WRITERS really believe this was a plot point that was in any way valid.

I mean, after all this with The Maggy and it all came true, she really thinks THIS will happen now?  It's alternate reality and in GOT that doesn't really work for me.

Cersei s a gonner and so is that child she's carrying. I don't believe she will make it far enough to go into labor. I hate to say it but I believe Jaime is going to be dead at the end of season 8 too. He's grown on me since he lost his hand in both mediums.

I loved that

1. Tyrion has remained loyal and understanding despite being anti-war.

2. Jon and Drogon bonded.

3. Targaryens finally have a seasoned warlord who understands the land back on their side, something they were evidently lacking.

4. Dany remained calculated and restrained even when serving fiery justice. 

5. The Magnificent Seven going on an old-school party-based RPG quest.

Bit worried about Varys. He is too much of a pacifist to serve a conqueror. 

6 minutes ago, princess_snow said:

Haha I should hope so !

I know for sure a few things that will happen with the Cersei pregnancy.  I just wrote those words and I feel sick.  She will WITHOUT DOUBT be visibly showing in season 8.  That's a given.  No possibility that won't happen.  There will be some horrific event they've already written that will shock even the most hardened of show watchers.... I'll take it so far as they will craft a scene where you actually are SHOWN the fetus or whatever - dead or dying, possibly deformed from incest.................

seriously, this is what is being put before us as one of the final GOT shock moments.  We've been spared the gore and outright vicious things things season, except for maybe the description of how Dorne ends (Ellaria forced to watch her (not) daughter die from poison).

It will just be a gross event veering even into the horror genre.... because Cersei must pay for her evil... just, the way they will portray it....... they've written in ONE LAST THING we can possibly remotely get behind Cersei (a pregnant woman, WHO CAN'T root for a pregnant woman?) to RE-make her into a human being after all the carnage..... and then they will implode all of that with some devastation to their "child". 

I can't see it going any other direction.  And it will be brutal.  But shamefully, it will be brutal for the sake of being brutal.

You heard it here first.

2 minutes ago, The Bastard of Summer said:

Cersei s a gonner and so is that child she's carrying. I don't believe she will make it far enough to go into labor. I hate to say it but I believe Jaime is going to be dead at the end of season 8 too. He's grown on me since he lost his hand in both mediums.

Oh, it will be probably an early "birth" or something, but I predict a really brutal event.

Jaime I think will live ultimately.  I get that feeling.  I've already predicted there will be a hint at the end of this season how Westeros will be in REBUILDING and ending with the re-establishing of major Houses.  Jaime will probably live and continue on with Casterly Rock, and a hint (maybe more) of him going off into the sunset with someone (Brienne) but Cersei must die, and will die.

Davos was awesome as he always was. Loved how he pretty much said if the gold cloaks catch you I am not helping.  And how he finally said something to tyrion about his son but didn't go into it where it would get in the way. And his scene where he shows his skills at getting people to like him or just deal with people like he did the gold cloaks.

The tyrion and jaime reunion was great. It had the right amount of anger  but you saw jaime still loved his brother but was torn.

Jaime in every one of his scenes except the last one with cersei.

At the end where you essentially have a group of people that hate eachother from some point coming together. Mormont and tormund was a really good one. The hound telling beric to shut up.

Tormund was great as always. The way that he just said "you are" after davos said he would be a liability. He is so blunt it is hilarious.

Gendry and jon having a similar meet to when we first see robert and ned meet.

Jon-saw your father at winterfell you are a little leaner.

Gendry-And your a little shorter.

Pause and wait for reaction then smiles.

This was the best episode of the season in my opinion or close to it (the battle in episode four spoils of war made that episode so it's hard to compare)

Dany trying to do the right thing with tarly but keeping her word. She offered to let them take the black and tarly pulls out an insult rather then going with it.

5 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I know for sure a few things that will happen with the Cersei pregnancy.  I just wrote those words and I feel sick.  She will WITHOUT DOUBT be visibly showing in season 8.  That's a given.  No possibility that won't happen.  There will be some horrific event they've already written that will shock even the most hardened of show watchers.... I'll take it so far as they will craft a scene where you actually are SHOWN the fetus or whatever - dead or dying, possibly deformed from incest.................

seriously, this is what is being put before us as one of the final GOT shock moments.  We've been spared the gore and outright vicious things things season, except for maybe the description of how Dorne ends (Ellaria forced to watch her (not) daughter die from poison).

It will just be a gross event veering even into the horror genre.... because Cersei must pay for her evil... just, the way they will portray it....... they've written in ONE LAST THING we can possibly remotely get behind Cersei (a pregnant woman, WHO CAN'T root for a pregnant woman?) to RE-make her into a human being after all the carnage..... and then they will implode all of that with some devastation to their "child". 

I can't see it going any other direction.  And it will be brutal.  But shamefully, it will be brutal for the sake of being brutal.

You heard it here first.

I think it will likely be  her being huge and when dany is about to take the city jaime kills her before she can pull a mad king. It would break him. I don't think they will go the route your talking about

5 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

You heard it here first.

I hadn't truly thought of that. Its entirely possible. She does need to pay.

On another note I thought of you when I came on here re LF. I forgot to add I'm glad he's not just sitting around staring off at Starks this ep. Glad to see a final scheme coming.  

4 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Oh, it will be probably an early "birth" or something, but I predict a really brutal event.

Jaime I think will live ultimately.  I get that feeling.  I've already predicted there will be a hint at the end of this season how Westeros will be in REBUILDING and ending with the re-establishing of major Houses.  Jaime will probably live and continue on with Casterly Rock, and a hint (maybe more) of him going off into the sunset with someone (Brienne) but Cersei must die, and will die.

I so want Jaime and Brienne to make sweet monkey love. And have like blonde babies with one green eye and one blue eye. I really do want this. Just like I want Arya to live and marry Gendry (Lil Lyanna and Lil Bobby) B) finally together on equal ground mutually invested with lil black haired babies with grey eyes. A nice fleet of ships so they can travel the world from their keep of Storms End. 

Cersei does not deserve a happy ever after in any universe. She needs to die horribly painfully and loudly.

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I think it will likely be  her being huge and when dany is about to take the city jaime kills her before she can pull a mad king. It would break him. I don't think they will go the route your talking about

You could certainly be right.  I think the death of the "child"......... see, at this point now, they had to write in something to keep Jaime loyal to Cersei.  It's a joint event.  Conversely, the event of the child "ending" will affect both of them and blow a huge separation between them finally, and Jaime will FINALLY be like "it's over" and his loyalty to her will be finished for good. 

He may kill her AFTER that happens, but I see it as finally the last straw in keeping him by her side.  If you really look at Jaime, he has been in her pocket for a really long time.  Just remaining loyal to her through all the mess she has created.  There has to be an event that breaks him loose forever.  I think it will be the expectancy of the child, then the death of it/loss of it.  Then the dynamic between them will change forever.

That shit causes marriages to fail, it causes deep-seated loathing between partners, etc.  Their "relationship" has to come to a stunning conclusion and now they have shown this pregnancy issue, that's a no-brainer for me.

43 minutes ago, I prefer summer said:

I loved every word that came out of Tormund's mouth! 

"Isn't it your job to talk him out of stupid fucking ideas like this?"

"How many queens are there now? And you need to convince the one with the dragons, or the one who fucks her brother?"

"How many men did you bring? And the big woman?" LMAO! Anybody else shipping Tormund and Brienne?

After Davis says he'll be staying back because he's a liability out there: "You are."

And the way he just growled at Jonah after their testy exchange about Jeff Mormont!

I love tormond and it's jeor mormont or something like that

Just now, Iron Mother said:

You could certainly be right.  I think the death of the "child"......... see, at this point now, they had to write in something to keep Jaime loyal to Cersei.  It's a joint event.  Conversely, the event of the child "ending" will affect both of them and blow a huge separation between them finally, and Jaime will FINALLY be like "it's over" and his loyalty to her will be finished for good. 

He may kill her AFTER that happens, but I see it as finally the last straw in keeping him by her side.  If you really look at Jaime, he has been in her pocket for a really long time.  Just remaining loyal to her through all the mess she has created.  There has to be an event that breaks him loose forever.  I think it will be the expectancy of the child, then the death of it/loss of it.  Then the dynamic between them will change forever.

That shit causes marriages to fail, it causes deep-seated loathing between partners, etc.  Their "relationship" has to come to a stunning conclusion and now they have shown this pregnancy issue, that's a no-brainer for me.

I think jaime was about to walk away but now he has to stay for the kid.

Archived