[Poll] How would you rate episode 705?

Ran

How would you rate episode 705?  

269 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best?

11 minutes ago, lakin1013 said:

Cersei's children

Cersei will outlast her children and die by the hands of "the valonqar".

Cersei: Will the king and I have children?
Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

3≠4... But if she dies in childbirth, would that technically count for "unborn but valonqar"? But no, a faetus cannot strangle her... Guess she'll die during the next nine months (in the show) then.

If there ever was an episode that deserved 1, it is this one. Nothing made any sense. I don't think there is a single scene in this episode that isn't outright stupid or at the very least based on some previous stupidity. I'm often tempted to rate an episode 1, but I usually rate them 2, even if I didn't like anything in them, because I always think that maybe it can go even worse. But I really don't think that it can get worse than this episode. Even for GOT standards, this was low.

2 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Cersei's children

Maggy: Oh, aye. Six-and-ten for him, and three for you. Gold shall be their crowns and gold their shrouds, she said. And when your tears have drowned you, the valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you.

Right. I wasnt sure if Maggi told her the # of children she would have in the show. At any rate like the poster above said this means she can't have another child. Either she miscarries, has a still born, dies while pregnant, or is lying about being pregnant.

Or I suppose there is always the possibility the prophecy was wrong. The birth of a fourth child would make Cersei realize the prophecy could have been avoided. That may really drive her crazy. 

6 hours ago, GrapefruitPerrier said:

Sam would have picked up on the Rhaegar annulment in the books. Also, the pacing is just all wrong, it is moving way too fast.

I don't get why people keep saying this. Why would Sam care about Rhaegar getting an annulment? He is looking for info on how to beat the WW's. Gilly mentioning an old Targaryen heir having an anullment has nothing to do with that. As far as Sam knows Jon is the bastard son of Ned Stark. He has absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. Had Gilly got to read far enough to tell Sam the name of the woman Rhaegar was setting his wife aside for it may have sparked a slight interest only for the last name Stark otherwise it is nothing that pertains to him or anything he is looking for ( that he knows of) 

9 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

Right. I wasnt sure if Maggi told her the # of children she would have in the show. At any rate like the poster above said this means she can't have another child. Either she miscarries, has a still born, dies while pregnant, or is lying about being pregnant.

Or I suppose there is always the possibility the prophecy was wrong. The birth of a fourth child would make Cersei realize the prophecy could have been avoided. That may really drive her crazy. 

Cersei did mention a black haired baby boy back in season 1 who died of a fever. That should mean that Maggy's prophecy in season 5 was already null and void since she said Cersei would only have three children.

24 minutes ago, Lyanna<3Rhaegar said:

I don't get why people keep saying this. Why would Sam care about Rhaegar getting an annulment? He is looking for info on how to beat the WW's. Gilly mentioning an old Targaryen heir having an anullment has nothing to do with that. As far as Sam knows Jon is the bastard son of Ned Stark. He has absolutely no reason to believe otherwise. Had Gilly got to read far enough to tell Sam the name of the woman Rhaegar was setting his wife aside for it may have sparked a slight interest only for the last name Stark otherwise it is nothing that pertains to him or anything he is looking for ( that he knows of) 

I'm actually glad they didn't let it get to the point of Stark being mentioned.  This needs to be a key that doesn't unlock anything until Sam and Bran get together.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Cersei did mention a black haired baby boy back in season 1 who died of a fever. That should mean that Maggy's prophecy in season 5 was already null and void since she said Cersei would only have three children.

Beat me to it.  This prophecy was already thrown out the window when D&D thought it would be cool to Cersei and Catelyn bond of dead children.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

You're right. I forgot about that. 

17 hours ago, xjlxking said:

1. The gang is back together. Jon, Jorah, Davos, Tormund, Hound.... This is gonna be great! Is this the A-Team? 

9/10 

That was awesome- I was thinking someone needs to make a still of that group- it's a pretty good collection of badasses

I think I'm maybe starting to adjust to the pure speed that things are happening now. Its basically like a showreel or a trailer for a full season. 

Not much to say on the episode. My one lasting feeling was awe at the brazeness of some of the writing. The way the shoved Gendry back into the story and got him up past the wall was faster than light. Most of the last 10 minutes was absolutely ludicrous. 

Still I'm enjoying it all, but in a very different way to the one I used to.

18 hours ago, Ser Yorick Ampersand said:

Gave it a 3.

The show has completely lost any inner logic.

The Winterfell plot is as bad and predictable as the Dorne plot. LF is already dead, what a waste of a character.

All the META jokes about Gendry, Stannis etc. just make me cringe. Also Gendry's hammer looks fake like and weightless like a toy...

Jonerys is already irritating the way they try to milk it. "Look at them getting to know each other! DO YOU SEE IT!!! THIS IS ROMAAAAAAAAANCE!!!!!"

Bronn and Jaime was total plot armor bs. They should have been at least been captured for randsom or something.

Sam is just going to learn whatever he needs to learn ONLY when the writers need it... <_<

Ghost might aswell be dead if they are not going to ever show him again.

The Fast-Travel in this episode was OVER 9000! Who needs horses amiright?!?

Yet you gave it a 3... not a 1. For that kind of rating, there has to be some glimmer of something that you like. 

45 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I think I'm maybe starting to adjust to the pure speed that things are happening now. Its basically like a showreel or a trailer for a full season. 

Not much to say on the episode. My one lasting feeling was awe at the brazeness of some of the writing. The way the shoved Gendry back into the story and got him up past the wall was faster than light. Most of the last 10 minutes was absolutely ludicrous. 

Still I'm enjoying it all, but in a very different way to the one I used to.

Mirrors the way I feel.

I think half the problem is the show, even at this late stage, still has way too many characters.

I still gave the episode an 8 though because it is moving the plot along at break neck speed and speaking as someone who first read AGOT back in 1998 it feels great knowing a resolution to the saga is coming soon!

7 hours ago, lakin1013 said:

Cersei's children

About all that. Cersei already had 4 children on the show. She tells of a black haired baby that died shortly after it was born. It's never confirmed as a lie and the acting doesn't suggest it is either. 4 or 5 what does it matter? 

The episode wasn't bad per se but the writing felt weird, off. People complain on this site about the show all the time but I've honestly have found most of the complaints to be trivial and nit-picky for the most of it. But for the first time. The plot seems really contrived and dumb. It feels like the writers had all these plot points they want to get to and don't know how to get there and have also run out of time and money. Particularly time because the show needs to end. 

The wight hunt doesn't make a lick of sense no matter how you look at it. Oh well.. All good things come to end. Bad sex is worse than no sex though and I don't know if I prefer to get a crappy end to the story or no end at all. I finally understand why George takes so long to write these books as the geography of Westeros makes things very difficult. Furthermore, there is no way the showrunners can't see what they're doing so they've clearly made the decision to go this way because there is no other way to tell the story perhaps? 

I think this was a good episode, not as much action as last week, but a lot happened. From the get go we see house Tarly evaporated...literally & Sam will need to step up. I'm sure Jon will vouch for him.  We saw Gendry again, how awesome was that? I also loved the scene w/Drogon and Jon. I think our show canon is showing us R+L=J and I'm cool with that. The Tyrion/Jamie scene didn't progress the story much IMO but at the same time it didn't detract enough to affect my rating. I liked the scenes at Winterfell and I can't help but wonder what is LF's plan. Arya's pretty smart too so there might be a battle of wits that'll happen. Can someone tell me what the not said too, I missed that?

9/10

18 minutes ago, RUSSELL BELL said:

The episode wasn't bad per se but the writing felt weird, off. People complain on this site about the show all the time but I've honestly have found most of the complaints to be trivial and nit-picky for the most of it. But for the first time. The plot seems really contrived and dumb. It feels like the writers had all these plot points they want to get to and don't know how to get there and have also run out of time and money. Particularly time because the show needs to end. 

The wight hunt doesn't make a lick of sense no matter how you look at it. Oh well.. All good things come to end. Bad sex is worse than no sex though and I don't know if I prefer to get a crappy end to the story or no end at all. I finally understand why George takes so long to write these books as the geography of Westeros makes things very difficult. Furthermore, there is no way the showrunners can't see what they're doing so they've clearly made the decision to go this way because there is no other way to tell the story perhaps? 

The most disturbing prospect would be that there is no other way to tell the story precisely because GRRM actually originated the "Wight Hunt" narrative himself, in some form, in his broad plot-points to D&D.

Edited by Krishtotter