[Spoilers] EP705 Discussion

Ran

15 minutes ago, TheSwordofTheMorning7 said:

I know this is show not books, but if Jamie was a Targ, Drogonwould not have tried to BBQ him.....

Not necessarily. Maybe Drogon couldn't smell him over all the BBQ Lannisters.  Or maybe he recognized a threat to Dany and didn't bother wasting time on a smell test. 

Granted, I don't think that any of Tywin's kids are secret Targs, but no way Drogon is going to let anyone hurt momma. Rhaegar himself would have been kindling if he was charging Dany with a spear. 

12 hours ago, Ser Gareth said:

I think that's one of the biggest problems a lot of the book readers have.  They want every conversation to be captured on screen but the basic fact is the vast majority of character interaction takes place off screen.  In books characters can reflect on past conversations etc. so that you are privy to them.  That cannot be done on TV unless you want a show that runs for 100's of hours and gets boring very quickly!

I'd have liked to have seen more development between Dany and Jon though.  It's clear they are falling in love by the not so subtle looks they give each other but IMO we haven't seen any interaction between them that would be a defining moment where attraction would occur.  The assumption has to be that those conversations were taking place off screen.

Oh, I know--I get what you're saying.  It just seems odd to me that after dragons being gone for so long, that we don't see someone raise the question of how she got her hands on them/where they came from.

As for the Dany and Jon moments, I agree. But, remember--Doreah did tell Dany way back in Season One:  "Love comes in at the eyes" ;):P

Hopefully, we'll get things filled in when the books come out...(errrrr....if they come out!)

29 minutes ago, Queen of Winter said:

Oh, I know--I get what you're saying.  It just seems odd to me that after dragons being gone for so long, that we don't see someone raise the question of how she got her hands on them/where they came from.

The legend of Danaerys, Mother of Dragons, had already reached Westeros long before she did.

On 8/14/2017 at 2:49 PM, Lurid Jester said:

That scene where she tells Cat about the lost child was odd. It doesn't fit with the character we have of Cersie, but it also doesn't fit because Cat hadn't heard anything about this birth/death.  

Were talking about the Queen being pregnant and the first born son of the king dying of sickness.  Yet Cat, the wife of the King's best friend, had never heard of it?  What?

Even without TMZ I find it hard to believe that the birth of Robert's son wouldn't have sent ravens to the every maester in Westeros. The same with the death of a child prince.  More ravens would have gone out. 

But it was news to Cat?  

Was Cersie lying or did GRRM screw up?

At first I just assumed Cersie was lying to seem to empathize with Cat. But then she and Robert talked about the lost baby in another conversation. So perhaps news of the baby was not spread at first due to the fragility of newborns. I can't speak for GOT but until recent decades, pregnancies and births were kept fairly quiet until there was some degree of certainty that a child was healthy enough to survive. I am thinking that the fortune teller is not always right, or lied because it is very likely that Cersie killed the baby fathered by Robert.

I don't think the Tyrion Targaryen theory will be fulfilled on the show. He will be a Lannister through and through. Besides people forget that it not Targaryen blood that is needed to ride a dragon. It's Valyrian blood. So even if Tyrion were to ride a dragon, that does not make him a Targaryen.

12 minutes ago, Lord Lyman said:

I don't think the Tyrion Targaryen theory will be fulfilled on the show. He will be a Lannister through and through. Besides people forget that it not Targaryen blood that is needed to ride a dragon. It's Valyrian blood. So even if Tyrion were to ride a dragon, that does not make him a Targaryen.

Remember that Rhaegal and Viserion were all palsy-walsy with Tyrion the Dragon-Dreamer.

37 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Remember that Rhaegal and Viserion were all palsy-walsy with Tyrion the Dragon-Dreamer.

Palsy-walsy?  I took it as them being smart enough to recognize he wasn't a threat.  They were, after all, about to roast him before he clearly demonstrated he meant no harm. Then after unchaining one, the other was all "oh hell. Me too.  Unlock me too."

Personally i hate the idea of Tyrion being a secret Targ.  

I like the poetry of Tyrion being the one child of Tywin most deserving of his support, but being the one who gets nothing but his contempt. 

Also, I hate the idea of Tywin having a legitimate reason for how badly he treated Tyrion. 

Edited by Lurid Jester
Added a bit, then had to edit the reason for the edit. Like a dummy.

12 hours ago, Stark_in_Winterfell said:

At first I just assumed Cersie was lying to seem to empathize with Cat. But then she and Robert talked about the lost baby in another conversation. So perhaps news of the baby was not spread at first due to the fragility of newborns. I can't speak for GOT but until recent decades, pregnancies and births were kept fairly quiet until there was some degree of certainty that a child was healthy enough to survive. I am thinking that the fortune teller is not always right, or lied because it is very likely that Cersie killed the baby fathered by Robert.

No, no way they can keep birth of a prince a secret. Maybe it was in the books or was it the show, I can't remember, but when Sansa was born the bells were ringing all day long.

- Daenerys burned Randyll and Dickon Tarly making way for Samwell to become head of house tarly. After the Tyrells died out i assume that house Tarly is the rulers of the reach. 

- I wonder how daenerys burning the tarlys will affect her relationship with jon aswell as samwell? Also how will it jons relationship with dany affect his relationship with samwell. Will samwell try to avenge his kin?

1 hour ago, norwaywolf123 said:

- Daenerys burned Randyll and Dickon Tarly making way for Samwell to become head of house tarly. After the Tyrells died out i assume that house Tarly is the rulers of the reach. 

- I wonder how daenerys burning the tarlys will affect her relationship with jon aswell as samwell? Also how will it jons relationship with dany affect his relationship with samwell. Will samwell try to avenge his kin?

Samwell, avenge his kin? :huh:

6 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

- Daenerys burned Randyll and Dickon Tarly making way for Samwell to become head of house tarly. 

And reject his vows to the Night's Watch? Is there any precedent for this in the books? Other than Jon's resurrection we saw in the tv show, of course.

1 minute ago, Anarres said:

And reject his vows to the Night's Watch? Is there any precedent for this in the books? Other than Jon's resurrection we saw in the tv show, of course.

It's already been stated that a king can set aside the vows of the Nights Watch.  Robb was, after all, planning to go get Jon, legitimize him and remove him from the watch. 

I know they touched on it briefly in the show (I think?).  

19 hours ago, Lurid Jester said:

Personally i hate the idea of Tyrion being a secret Targ.  

I like the poetry of Tyrion being the one child of Tywin most deserving of his support, but being the one who gets nothing but his contempt. 

Also, I hate the idea of Tywin having a legitimate reason for how badly he treated Tyrion. 

I have always wanted Tyrion to be Tywin's legit child and Cersei and Jaime to be the Mad King's, that way Jaime is a King and a kinslayer.

8 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Sam is a sworn brother of the Night's Watch. Unless he comes back from the dead like Jon, he's not inheriting anything. 

Then again, I'm not sure the Night's Watch will exist in a couple of episodes. Or if it even exists now, after Jon sent Tormund to Eastwatch and he bragged that his Wildling bunch were the Night's Watch.

In any case, Sam has a sister that can inherit.