Discussing Sansa XXXI: The plot thickens...

Mladen

7 minutes ago, Illiterati said:

This is a plausible alternative to my theory that Arya is playing LF.

That theory would be cool (although confusing) in the show

I'm not sure if Arya has the political and manipulative skills for that yet though

Her way usually is a lot more martial and straightforward, versus the more political ways of some characters, including Sansa and LF.

Just now, Pandean said:

That theory would be cool (although confusing) in the show

I'm not sure if Arya has the political and manipulative skills for that yet though

Her way usually is a lot more martial and straightforward, versus the more political ways of some characters, including Sansa and LF.

I should have said that Sansa is setting up to be Arya's political savior is MORE plausible than my angle is, because that's what I meant.

Just now, Illiterati said:

I should have said that Sansa is setting up to be Arya's political savior is MORE plausible than my angle is, because that's what I meant.

OOh. I see.

Yeah, I'd agree.

I just hope the whole rilvary thing doesn't last long my gods

I could see something like, "It's interesting that Arya managed to find this scroll, Lord Baelish.  I've found some interesting scrolls myself.  Let's review..........." Episode 7, "Lord Petyr Baelish, for your role in the death of Lord Eddard Stark, Warden of the North and Hand of the King, and for other crimes against the noble Houses and people of Westeros, I sentence you to death.  Arya, he's all yours."  Yohn Royce cheers wildly.

On 8/14/2017 at 9:02 AM, Mother of Mini Dragons said:

I'm actually glad this is showing with Arya. She's been built up as just this cool, awesome character and there's so much more to her than this cool fighter. She is very damaged and her way of dealing with obstacles is not the best in every situation. When she was talking about cutting off Lord Glover's and Royce's head, I kept thinking about Robb beheading Lord Karstark. The only difference is that Robb had an actual reason to be upset with Karstark, Arya is just mad that they are questioning Jon's decisions. She clearly has some more maturing to do. This scene certainly showed that Sansa is the more rational sister and definitely the correct one to be in charge. Yes, she likes a little power, but so does Arya or she wouldn't have had that smile she did when she walked away after killing all of the Freys.

I agree with your assessment of Arya.  She is too rash - she doesn't have the maturity to think about the ramifications of her actions.  I don't think enjoying being in charge is a betrayal to Jon. Perhaps Sansa's failure to deny Arya's accusation the second time around is an implication of guilt, but it could also be interrupted as the more she denies it the more convinced Arya will be that she's right. Sometimes an accusation or comment doesn't deserve the dignity of reply.  

Jon being KitN doesn't diminish Sansa's authority as Lady of Winerfell.  It just appears that way because currently all the Northern lords are at WF instead of their own keeps. I don't think Sansa actually wants Jon to die, but is aware of what it could mean for her if he didn't come back. And how much else could she have said in Jon's defense?  They all know he went to DS to get dragon glass, which is crucial for the war against the WW, and to try to make an alliance.  That scene was just to give Arya an excuse to be pissed at Sansa and to dove tail into LF's set up. 

6 minutes ago, SansaJonRule said:

I don't think Sansa actually wants Jon to die, but is aware of what it could mean for her if he didn't come back. And how much else could she have said in Jon's defense?

It is perfectly obvious that Sansa doesn't want Jon to die at all.  She enjoys being listened to and proving her worth which is what she is doing.  She is serving Jon as best she can.  If Jon dies then she'd have all sorts of issues in the North.  Who'd lead her armies?

This scene was about Arya not understanding what has taken place or putting any value on being a leader/ruler/politician.

Arya says Sansa should have beheaded them.  It was a naive statement that came from thinking killing is the solution to any and everything.  Sansa responded as she should have by pointing out that you don't get people to follow you by killing everybody who disagrees with you.  Arya just wants revenge and to solve problems by killing this person or that person but you can't defeat the AoD without bringing people together and Sansa knows the best way to get people to follow you is by listening to them and showing them you hear and understand their concerns, even if you disagree.

Beheading Karstark cost Robb his head.  Arya should remember but maybe she doesn't even know how Robb lost the North and his head.

Sansa's skills at diplomacy (along with Jon) were what won back Winterfell.  Arya hasn't a clue what Sansa has been through or what she has done to save the family home.

Arya has been one of my favorite characters and this scene really gave her an added dimension.  The Starks will need diplomats and assassins to defeat their enemies.  Jon knows this.....Sansa knows it.......Arya is about to find out. 

I just realized something--

Sansa says you don't get people to work together by killing those you don't agree with and that people need to listen

Dany and Co in the south are having a hard time working together mainly because no one is listening to each other and also Dany fried some people

1 hour ago, Pandean said:

I just realized something--

Sansa says you don't get people to work together by killing those you don't agree with and that people need to listen

Dany and Co in the south are having a hard time working together mainly because no one is listening to each other and also Dany fried some people

I don't think it is fair assessment of Dany. The problem in the South is that parties want the same thing and there is one throne. Cersei understands that Dany won't let them live and Dany knows what Cersei is capable of. In the North, they all agree on one important issue - that they should be prepared for the invasion of White Walkers. Yes, there are problems, but they are more easily set aside for the greater good. 

3 hours ago, Risto said:

I don't think it is fair assessment of Dany. The problem in the South is that parties want the same thing and there is one throne. Cersei understands that Dany won't let them live and Dany knows what Cersei is capable of. In the North, they all agree on one important issue - that they should be prepared for the invasion of White Walkers. Yes, there are problems, but they are more easily set aside for the greater good. 

i just thought it was a coinidence and funny considering some people--not even Dany's actions. Sorry I shouldn't have said anything. It was dumb. I don't want to upset anyone or seem like a jackoff

Archived