Discussing Arya: Ninja watching

The Bastard of Summer

5 minutes ago, Deminelle said:

So, Arya knew that LF would trick her to find something he thinks she would use against Sansa? She made sure that LF sees her following.

That was my read on it.....They wouldn't explicitly show her making sure he knows she's watching at his door, because that would ruin the surprise when they reveal that the scam is exactly the opposite of what the audience thought it was.

She knew he was watching her when she went through the motions of re-locking his door.  She learned to sense people in the dark, remember.

Seriously, what the effing fuck was wrong with the Large, Angry Squirrel in that scene?

Sansa: "If we offend them, Jon loses his army."

Large, Angry Squirrel: "NOT IF YOU HAD CHOPPED OFF THEIR HEADS! WARGH! BLOOD! KILL! YOU ARE EVIL FOR WANTING NICE THINGS! WE MUST KILL EVERYBODY ESPECIALLY OUR MOST IMPORTANT ALLIES!...except when I happen to like them, then you'd better not touch them!"

Lord, I never thought I'd see the day when Sansa is more apt, and more at home, in dealing with the greasy, boisterous Northern Lords than her sister would be. 

Arya better eat her own hat once/if she finds out that Ned or Jon wouldn't have acted any differently, or that Jon is very adverse to chopping of people's heads because they....shock!...have an opinion. 

4 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Seriously, what the effing fuck was wrong with the Large, Angry Squirrel in that scene?

Sansa: "If we offend them, Jon loses his army."

Large, Angry Squirrel: "NOT IF YOU HAD CHOPPED OFF THEIR HEADS! WARGH! BLOOD! KILL! YOU ARE EVIL FOR WANTING NICE THINGS! WE MUST KILL EVERYBODY ESPECIALLY OUR MOST IMPORTANT ALLIES!...except when I happen to like them, then you'd better not touch them!"

Lord, I never thought I'd see the day when Sansa is more apt, and more at home, in dealing with the greasy, boisterous Northern Lords than her sister would be. 

Arya better eat her own hat once/if she finds out that Ned or Jon wouldn't have acted any differently, or that Jon is very adverse to chopping of people's heads because they....shock!...have an opinion. 

Arya wanted to be an actress.  That scene was her big break.

I think people are taking the whole 'not if they lose their heads first' comment by Arya far too literally.

I dont think Arya would even have chopped Lord Glover, etc, head off for voicing a disagreement. 100% bookArya wouldn't and neither would showArya unless Dumb & Dumber have made her a complete psycho.

One thing Arya is supposed to have, moreso than any other Stark, is empathy. She would be able to understand the Lord's concerns about the KitN not being present and certainly wouldn't kill them for it. She might kill them for treason if they actively betrayed Jon and crowned Sansa, but not for thinking about it.

7 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

I think people are taking the whole 'not if they lose their heads first' comment by Arya far too literally.

I dont think Arya would even have chopped Lord Glover, etc, head off for voicing a disagreement. 100% bookArya wouldn't and neither would showArya unless Dumb & Dumber have made her a complete psycho.

One thing Arya is supposed to have, moreso than any other Stark, is empathy. She would be able to understand the Lord's concerns about the KitN not being present and certainly wouldn't kill them for it. She might kill them for treason if they actively betrayed Jon and crowned Sansa, but not for thinking about it.

And if she wanted to give another person, say a renowned schemer, the impression that she was not empathetic, and in fact that she was at polar odds with her sister, how would she go about doing that?

18 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

She clearly suggested it, there is no way around it. And we know form past examples that the morality of characters in GoT depends on whatever D&D find "kewl" at any given moment.

What else was the point of even saying something like that? To make herself look stupid?

Archived