U.S. Politics: I Did Nazi That Coming

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 hour ago, butterbumps! said:

Which is all fairly broad, so I'd be curious how determinations are made at a finer scale.

Yeah that seems to leave a lot of discretion on behalf of the agency.  I would want any domestic standard to be far more specific, placing constraints or burden of proof on the government.

James Arryn, the Brownshirts were Hitler's thugs that were used to intimidate and murder his opponents. Once he got in power he had them all killed in the Night of the Long Knives. 

As for swinging a cat in a small room, that is from swinging a short whip called a cat'o'nine tails. Even then one did need a bit of room.

This is going to get lost in the noise, but

The Department of Justice has requested information on visitors to a website used to organize protests against President Trump, the Los Angeles-based Dreamhost said in a blog post published on Monday.

Dreamhost, a web hosting provider, said that it has been working with the Department of Justice for several months on the request, which believes goes too far under the Constitution.

That's right, only because a random webhosting company called DreamHost decided to interpret the Constitutionn, the IPs of over a million people potentially 'guilty' of protesting Trump are NOT in the hands of Sessions. Not yet, that is.

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

You know, it's like every second hour something happens that makes me think "we might actually get through this after all", and then every other hour something makes me think "oh, okay, now it's happening".

Richard Spencer about  ANTIFA counter-protesters: "we could have killed them with our bare hands" Sure ya could have, Dick. First you have to step away from your private bodyguards and out from behind the cops. You also have to not run away when you get popped in the face like you have time and time again.

7 minutes ago, Nasty LongRider said:

Nice push back on some Nazis.

GoDaddy: We informed The Daily Stormer that they have 24 hours to move their domain to another provider, as they have violated our terms of service. 

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/897082155683237889

You're way behind. They already moved on to Google, who then also rejected them.

9 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

You're way behind. They already moved on to Google, who then also rejected them.

Some people  gotta work!  Didn't know about Google, glad to hear it.

1 hour ago, maarsen said:

James Arryn, the Brownshirts were Hitler's thugs that were used to intimidate and murder his opponents. Once he got in power he had them all killed in the Night of the Long Knives. 

As for swinging a cat in a small room, that is from swinging a short whip called a cat'o'nine tails. Even then one did need a bit of room.

1) I know, that was my point...the people they were 'used to intimidate' were largely the communists, as was true of their role model, the Italian 'black shirts'.I've read a lot about this phase, and the whole Hitler/Rohm/gay thing is honestly interesting. There are also some interesting documentary series about this era.

2) Not talking about swinging a cat in a room; I am aware of the nautical phrases, for example toeing the line. This is another phrase about holding a tiger by the tail. 

41 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

1) I know, that was my point...the people they were 'used to intimidate' were largely the communists, as was true of their role model, the Italian 'black shirts'.I've read a lot about this phase, and the whole Hitler/Rohm/gay thing is honestly interesting. There are also some interesting documentary series about this era.

2) Not talking about swinging a cat in a room; I am aware of the nautical phrases, for example toeing the line. This is another phrase about holding a tiger by the tail. 

I had figured you as being well read and astute. Sometimes I just get in a blathering mood.

2 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

Now this is a protest gesture I can get behind whether in the end it's deemed legal or not.

1 hour ago, drawkcabi said:

Now this is a protest gesture I can get behind whether in the end it's deemed legal or not.

Common ground! 

Spencer is whining about Texas A&M cancelling his little hate speech recruitment gathering. Said he's gonna sue. 

Fuck him and his ilk.

2 hours ago, maarsen said:

I had figured you as being well read and astute. Sometimes I just get in a blathering mood.

Ah, cheers. Well read, undeniable...borderline depressingly true. But astute? Let's just say the reviews are mixed.

17 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

Common ground! 

Spencer is whining about Texas A&M cancelling his little hate speech recruitment gathering. Said he's gonna sue. 

Fuck him and his ilk.

gavin mcinnes and cassandra fairbanks have bailed on the boston nazi rally planned for saturday, seems like it may get cancelled altogether. they're shook

Archived