U.S. Politics: I Did Nazi That Coming

Manhole Eunuchsbane

20 minutes ago, r'hllor's red lobster said:

gavin mcinnes and cassandra fairbanks have bailed on the boston nazi rally planned for saturday, seems like it may get cancelled altogether. they're shook

But I thought McInnes was this big bad alpha male manly man? He got shook? So, like the majority of them, he's all talk and really a coward?

Half of my friends on facebook were posting about the Boston one. Quite a few of them that live in the North East are planning on going to counter the white supremacists. Even ones that aren't usually very politically outspoken.

This is a serious question how do you respond to some idiot who says that Black Lives Matter is just as bad as the Alt Right.  Black Lives Matter appears to be reacting to a genuine pattern of police brutality that has been affecting the African American communities for decades even centuries t

The Neo Fascists on the Alt Right appear to be good old fashioned Xenophobic Nationalists who live in a fantasy land the prime one of which appears to be this idea that the "chosen race" is on the verge of being annihilated.     

I'm worried a friend of mine is getting doxxed by neo nazis. She had a joke of hers floating around the internet that said the only n word that bothers racists is nazis. They flocked to that picture that had the joke on it when it was first posted and started to shit talk her.  She got targeted by Martin Shkreli before and his Albanian nazi followers a few months back as well. She wasn't bothered either one of those instances of having a mass amount of nazis trying to shit talk online, but this time she seems worried. 

35 minutes ago, Sword of Doom said:

There is no discourse to be had with these people. There is no way you can debate them and there is no way you can only protest them peacefully. They are domestic terrorists. They are a danger. 

I just watched this and it is a powerful piece of media. Thing is, I'm left with the impression that it does as much to bolster one aspect of the Neo-Nazi argument as it does to hurt it. There was no attempt at discourse here. Very little of what is depicted in this piece resembled a peaceful protest by either side. I think both sides of this shitshow can post this particular video and proclaim a PR victory of sorts. 

Why can't we protest them peacefully? Had they just been left to hold their little fascist circle jerk, made their shitty little speeches, wave their failed, defeated little symbols? Tape them. Scream at them. Chant your protest slogans, but let them dig their own fucking hole with their shitty words and failed ideology.

Wouldn't that have looked worse? 

Andrew Alan Escher Auernheimer,  aka "Weev", the system administrator for The Daily Stormer is planning on sending Nazis to Heather Heyer's funeral. For those of you who don't know who he is, read up on him. He is a self loathing jewish nazi. Nope, not joking, he is actually jewish and a nazi. 

Read some of the things he says and what he would like to do if he could go.

http://heavy.com/news/2017/08/daily-stormer-weev-heather-heyer-funeral-nazi-charlottesville-andrew-auernheimer/

After doing the bare minimum by denouncing white supremacists in a speech in which he looked like a sulking child taking his medicine, Donny is back to doing important work he is truly passionate about, attacking the media and retweeting racists.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/15/trump-retweets-alt-right-provocateur-after-condemning-white-supremacists 

15 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

After doing the bare minimum by denouncing white supremacists in a speech in which he looked like a sulking child taking his medicine, Donny is back to doing important work he is truly passionate about, attacking the media and retweeting racists.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/15/trump-retweets-alt-right-provocateur-after-condemning-white-supremacists 

Is the bare minimum the 'on many sides' bullshit, or has he said anything since? 

5 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Is the bare minimum the 'on many sides' bullshit, or has he said anything since? 

Yesterday he gave a short speech in which he did explicitly name neo nazi and white supremacy and say racism is bad. He was in total robot mode, reading a teleprompter without any ad libs, he looked like he would rather be doing anything else. Not exactly a stirring moment, but we all know Trump is a racist, that ship sailed long ago. The alt right took his remarks in stride understanding that the "jew media" essentially held him at gun point.

The Hill is reporting this per the WSJ, which is behind a pay wall.

North Korea backs off Guam missile threat: report

North Korea is backing off a threat to fire missiles at the U.S. Pacific territory of Guam, according to a new report.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un said he had decided not to launch an attack, but warned he could change his mind.

“If the Yankees persist in their extremely dangerous reckless actions on the Korean Peninsula and in its vicinity, testing the restraint of the DPRK [North Korea], the [North] will make an important decision as it already declared,” Kim said according to the country’s state media, as reported by The Wall Street Journal.

The statement could help reduce tensions in the region.

13 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

Yesterday he gave a short speech in which he did explicitly name neo nazi and white supremacy and say racism is bad. He was in total robot mode, reading a teleprompter without any ad libs, he looked like he would rather be doing anything else. Not exactly a stirring moment, but we all know Trump is a racist, that ship sailed long ago. The alt right took his remarks in stride understanding that the "jew media" essentially held him at gun point.

Okay, thanks. Jew media, huh? I used to sometimes think it must have been cool to be alive in like the 60's when so much was happening, so many iconic moments and all that. Not anymore. Now I just understand why 'may you live in interesting times' is an ancient curse. 

Just now, James Arryn said:

Okay, thanks. Jew media, huh? I used to sometimes think it must have been cool to be alive in like the 60's when so much was happening, so many iconic moments and all that. Not anymore. Now I just understand why 'may you live in interesting times' is an ancient curse. 

:lmao: I was around and yeah, you nailed it. 

5 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

I would much prefer our times to be boring and the most interesting thing to discuss and debate was the latest GOT episode or ASOIAF book.  No such luck.

2 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I would much prefer our times to be boring and the most interesting thing to discuss and debate was the latest GOT episode or ASOIAF book.  No such luck.

No shit!  I don't think I've read any ASOIAF theories as wild as recent times have been.           :box:

46 minutes ago, James Arryn said:
1 hour ago, Morpheus said:

He also retweeted this, then the adults in the room deleted it, apparently. 

59 minutes ago, Morpheus said:

What was most problematic about his remarks is that he didn't call out the alt-right too. He essentially gave them a pass by not associating them with the KKK and neo-nazi groups. 

43 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

In 1966 Robert F. Kennedy delivered a speech that included an instance: There is a Chinese curse which says “May he live in interesting times.” Like it or not, we live in interesting times. They are times of danger and uncertainty; but they are also the most creative of any time in the history of mankind

Archived