U.S. Politics: I Did Nazi That Coming

Manhole Eunuchsbane

4 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The guy who hasn't managed to get a law passed yet? Not saying it isn't dangerous, but wake me up when he manages to pass some legislation. 

/And again, what do you think Saturday would've looked like without Rule of Law? 

You do remember that he's the guy in charge of the branch of government responsible for enforcing and executing law right?

9 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The guy who hasn't managed to get a law passed yet? Not saying it isn't dangerous, but wake me up when he manages to pass some legislation. 

/And again, what do you think Saturday would've looked like without Rule of Law? 

Passing legislation has zero to do with empower nazis and white supremacists by being an apologist for them after they just fucking killed someone and injured numerous people. All he has to do is repeal civil rights protections that protect the demographics the nazis he was just calling good people, want to kill. 

And how would it have looked like? I saw what it looked like. Cops stood by Friday night as all hell break loose. On Saturday some just sat there and did nothing as a lynch mob of nazis and other white supremacists beat a black kid in a parking garage right in front of them. They didn't save him, his friends did. 

There is no waking you up.

1 hour ago, TrueMetis said:

You do remember that he's the guy in charge of the branch of government responsible for enforcing and executing law right?

Yeah, it's scary as hell, granted. That said, you want to abandon Rule of Law because we have an incompetent, racist President? I don't see how that's going to help. I mean, does anyone think he's going to pardon the Car Murderer here?

21 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The competent people who are still working for this moron are either true patriots or masochists.

I am more interested in his minority hires (wording is chosen very conciously here with the racist undertones to underline the point).

I mean Unlce Tom's Neurosurgeon must eventually wake up from his half slumber, and I really wonder what must he be thinking. How does he justify it to himself working for that *explitive*. I mean I can literally see the Orange one parading Carson and the others in his next presser to announce that the blacks love him, and do a just look at my black friends here reloaded thing.

Not to mention Kushner watching in father in law defending guys waiving swastikas.

43 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

The competent people who are still working for this moron are either true patriots or masochists.

Or both.  Lot of book deals to be had among that group in the (hopefully) near future when he's gone.

49 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

There's no convincing me that adopting fascist tactics in order to defeat fascists doesn't make you a fascist on some level. 

/That's so woke! I can only hope to be so woke as to accept that degree of mental gymnastics.

Germany and Canada are the fascists now?

This coming from the land of President Trump: Neo-Nazi Ally?

The scary part is that Trump was elected as President of the USA by Americans.

As to the BS in Charlottesville----

The really strange thing is there was a rather quite march on Friday night with the “tiki” lights.

Then the fools showed up with guns & stuff Saturday.

The removal of the statues is not going to solve the problem. Take down all the statues from southern Maryland to Texas via Missouri.

The statues are irrelevant and insignificant.

American history is short.

People migrating from Europe forced native people from their land.  American’s of European decent then brought slavery to their shore.

BUT let’s not forget the Chinese, the Japanese, the Vietnamese, the Koreans, etc---- let’s not forget the indentured servant, or the company man --- who could not get out of debt in the company owned town.

In my opinion, considering the history of the world, the USA is a baby. American history when compared to the rest of the world is sorely lacking.

State of the nation is not about Trump --- American people and the flawed electorate put Trump where he is.

1 hour ago, Sword of Doom said:

Passing legislation has zero to do with empower nazis and white supremacists by being an apologist for them after they just fucking killed someone and injured numerous people. All he has to do is repeal civil rights protections that protect the demographics the nazis he was just calling good people, want to kill. 

And how would it have looked like? I saw what it looked like. Cops stood by Friday night as all hell break loose. On Saturday some just sat there and did nothing as a lynch mob of nazis and other white supremacists beat a black kid in a parking garage right in front of them. They didn't save him, his friends did. 

There is no waking you up.

To continue with your commentary, there is this from a friend -- I have permission to quote from this piece she titled, "Antifa Is Not The Goddamned Enemy" --

Do you know what happens when your sole organizing tactic is a "Joyful Protest" away from where nazis are congregating and proselytizing, so as to not give them attention? They beat the shit out of random black people or anyone else vulnerable who meets their broad definition of subhuman, without consequence, or correction.

Part of the function of Antifa (and those using Black Bloc tactics) is to stand between the fash and their unarmed victims, taking the violence upon themselves, as noted by a Lutheran priest at Charlottesville who reported that Antifa individuals saved her and those around her from being beaten. 

The only reason the nazis are receiving widespread condemnation, lipservice though it may be, is because an attack was caught on video, with many witnesses, and that attack killed a white woman.

I deeply appreciate the SPLC but "ignore the trolls and they'll go away" has been tried and found wanting. They want to be a boot stomping on our faces forever. Fuck tolerance.

Guns openly carried, displayed and brandished are censorship in themselves, the most obvious of censorships.  When she says, "Fuck tolerance" I don't quite agree with this. What I do agree with is who is responsible for shutting down free speech.  The same people who carry the guns.  The antifa and the WS&N are not the same, not even equivalents, for if they were, the WS&N such as in that video wouldn't be calling people like that Charlottesville Lutheran and the girl they ran down "animals." 

In fact, I like most animals, a lot.  I can't stand a single KKKer, neo confederate, neo nazi, white supremacist,  gun toting asshat who totes to intimidate.  It's not self-defense they carry those damned guns for, but to intimidate and kill other people.  Have we heard of a single one of these asshats who has managed to defend a single person with their guns?  What we do hear about every day is how their kids shoot themselves and others with those guns, however.

43 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Or both.  Lot of book deals to be had among that group in the (hopefully) near future when he's gone.

5 minutes ago, Zorral said:

To continue with your commentary, there is this from a friend -- I have permission to quote from this piece she titled, "Antifa Is Not The Goddamned Enemy" --

Guns openly carried, displayed and brandished are censorship in themselves, the most obvious of censorships.  When she says, "Fuck tolerance" I don't quite agree with this. What I do agree with is who is responsible for shutting down free speech.  The same people who carry the guns.  The antifa and the WS&N are not the same, not even equivalents, for if they were, the WS&N such as in that video wouldn't be calling people like that Charlottesville Lutheran and the girl they ran down "animals." 

In fact, I like most animals, a lot.  I can't stand a single KKKer, neo confederate, neo nazi, white supremacist,  gun toting asshat who totes to intimidate.  It's not self-defense they carry those damned guns for, but to intimidate and kill other people.  Have we heard of a single one of these asshats who has managed to defend a single person with their guns?  What we do hear about every day is how their kids shoot themselves and others with those guns, however.

Antifa didn't just sprout out of the ground in Charlottesville.  What they may or may not have done down there is not the whole story of that group.  Focusing on the fact that they may have saved someone in Charlottesville ignores the other instances of direct violence and destruction they've engaged in in may other instances.  

If the white supremacists are domestic terrorists, then certainly Antifa qualifies as well, notwithstanding the fact that you may agree with the stated reasons for their acts of violence and destruction, most of which has impacted people who are not, in fact, white supremacists.

it's convenient though for the left to be able to both hold them as scapegoat when rallies go sideways, and also hold them up as a righteous counter measure to nazis when it's convenient.

10 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Chamberlains gonna Chamberlain.

Really? We've got a President actively engaged in nuclear escalation and you're dragging 'appeasement' out of the Completely Discredited Political Concepts closet alongside? The one that even fucking Kissinger admitted had significantly turned up the volume during the CMC, and was briefly resurfaced in the WMD lead-up to Iraq, to outstanding reviews?

'He who hunts monsters risks becoming a monster himself.'

Famous quote (one variant, anyhow.) A situation often encountered in fiction and reality alike.

And if you think the 'we live in interesting times' knob is set near the top of the scale, then you will probably have to reconsider that situation before the year is out.  The knob goes higher.  Much higher.

2 hours ago, Sword of Doom said:

"Okay, what about the alt-left that came charging at us.”
Calling himself us when talking about nazis and white supremacists. He admitted he's a nazi and a white supremacist with that wording.

Get him off a teleprompter for five minutes and he'll always show the world who he is.

BTW, still think rule of law applies when the guy in the white house is, at best a nazi sympathizer and at the very worst, a fucking nazi? 

This quote was mind boggling, so I went to look for some verification.  Looks like the original transcript of Trump's comments posted by Politico had your wording, but when the "us" wording blew up no one could verify that Trump said "us" after reviewing the audio.  Politico has retracted "us" and replaced it with [indiscernible] (see the correction note at the end of the transcript).

There's plenty of other evidence that Trump is a racist, but he hasn't publicly admitted yet that hes a racist, nazi or white supremacist.  Could still happen though.

12 minutes ago, ThinkerX said:

'He who hunts monsters risks becoming a monster himself.'

Famous quote (one variant, anyhow.) A situation often encountered in fiction and reality alike.

And if you think the 'we live in interesting times' knob is set near the top of the scale, then you will probably have to reconsider that situation before the year is out.  The knob goes higher.  Much higher.

The knob goes past 11.

FUCK DONALD TRUMP AND FUCK EVERYTHING HE SAID!!!

I said a lot in defense and agreement with those here who were unjustly labeled as appeasers and sympathizers. I stand by what I said, I think some people were wrongly called out, but after Orange Hitler's press conference I feel disgusted, embarrassed, and above all else, angry as hell. So I'm trying to focus my thoughts here.

I believe in free speech and I believe in legal repercussions for hate speech, incitement, and inducement and that they must be enforced. I believe in resisting being drug down to their level, being better than they are. I may believe in not starting a fight but I also believe in finishing one that someone else starts. I believe its is possible a time may come when organized violence may be the only option left, but not only is that time not yet, that time is what the alt-right WS&N are desperate to bring forth, deluded as they are that they actually stand a chance of winning that conflict, along with believing in free speech and non violent protests and civil disobedience I don't want to give the haters what they want.

All this "bad people on both sides" is bullshit. After what happened last weekend there should only be outspoken condemnation for the alt-right WS&N. No excuses, no diverting focus from the wrong that they've done. They had the right to voice their opinion, but beyond that calling out ANYONE in protest against them for being wrong is like calling out a cut on a finger needing attention when you have an open chest wound to deal with. There should be calls for unity and non violent protest, attempts to defuse things, debate on how far rights extend, what legal actions should and can be taken, by all means, but the wrong done is all on the side of hate. I want there to be consequences for their actions, but I want those consequences to be delivered in a manner that shows those who stand against the side of the alt-right are better than they are, more fair, more just, more decent, more human. 

45 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Chamberlains gonna Chamberlain.

Thing is, while attempting appeasement Chamberlain was also working to rearm the military in case appeasement failed. For the most part I'm not seeing that kind of preparation from those arguing for rule of law.

Archived