U.S. Politics: I Did Nazi That Coming

Manhole Eunuchsbane

1 minute ago, Kalbear said:

It will help things. Why do you want to have statues commemorating traitors to the US who fought to keep slaves? 

Probably not, given that they aren't cherishing the things or espousing their virtue. Why do you want to have monuments commemorating traitors to the US?

Probably not, but there aren't a whole lot of people calling for that. If you want that, make a case for it. For instance, you could explain why you want to commemorate and cherish traitors to the US. 

That isn't what bigotry is. 

I see that you are asking why I want.....

You have chosen to ignore or not read the links I posted.

Since you do not like the definition of bigotry I provided please give me yours.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, denstorebog said:

Something that's endlessly fascinating to me is how every politician innately knows that a display of remorse, maybe even an apology and a symbolic act of penitence can go a long way to repair your fuckups in the eyes of the public. Like when Gianforte signed up for anger management (which he never participated in, AFAIK). It's ridiculously easy to go on camera, bow your head and admit you did something wrong in order to repair your image a bit.

But not Trump. That tool is simply, literally unavailable to him. The second statement he screwed up on Monday was probably the closest his brain could ever allow him to get to admitting a mistake. I mean, imagine Trump standing in front of a press corps and saying the words "I did wrong" or "I'm sorry". It's like imagining your dog whistling Tubular Bells.

It's interesting because his complete lack of that option kinda traps him in a downwards spiral where he can only alienate more people and never repair any damage with anyone. And we should probably be really thankful for that.

Thank you. Now I'll have the image of my dog whistling Tubular Bells stuck in my head for the rest of the week.

And I don't even have a dog!

2 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

I see that you are asking why I want.....

Yes - why do you support commemorating and cherishing traitors of the US? It's a simple question. 

You have chosen to ignore or not read the links I posted.

I've read a couple and ignored others, largely because you didn't appear to want to engage with them in any way. Here's a hint - if you want people to talk about an article, provide one link and talk about it yourself first. Don't provide several and then say nothing. 

Since you do not like the definition of bigotry I provided please give me yours.

Intolerance towards all who hold different opinions than yourself. As it turns out there are a whole lot of people who aren't actually bigots. 

14 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

Do people actually believe that taking down these Confederate statues will solve the race problem in the USA? I do not.

The are overt and in your face symbols of white supremacy.
Everyone one should be taken down. On principle, if for no other reason.

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

That's a terrifying mental image.

No, what's terrifying is you suggesting it's a terrifying mental image.  I was able to block such thoughts before, but not now.  Thanks a lot!

4 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

The are overt and in your face symbols of white supremacy.
Everyone one should be taken down. On principle, if for no other reason.

As I said in the first post I made on this thread. Take them all down. My opinion is that removing the statues will not solve the racial problem in the USA. Remove all of the statues from Maryland via Missouri to Texas.

The yahoo's who converged in Charlottesville had their own agenda's. They knew Virginia's gun laws. Come on they are going to wander around a University campus carrying tiki lights and then show up Saturday in the downtown shopping district with guns, shields and shite.

17 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Yes - why do you support commemorating and cherishing traitors of the US? It's a simple question. 

I've read a couple and ignored others, largely because you didn't appear to want to engage with them in any way. Here's a hint - if you want people to talk about an article, provide one link and talk about it yourself first. Don't provide several and then say nothing. 

Intolerance towards all who hold different opinions than yourself. As it turns out there are a whole lot of people who aren't actually bigots. 

Chose your words wisely.

Remove all of the statues from Maryland via Missouri to Texas.

Why via Missouri?  Can't they drive south then west?  I've done the drive south from Maryland, it's very nice.

9 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

As I said in the first post I made on this thread. Take them all down. My opinion is that removing the statues will not solve the racial problem in the USA. Remove all of the statues from Maryland via Missouri to Texas.

No it won't solve it by itself.
The solution to the problem has a lot of components to it.
But, it's a start and a component of the solution.

4 minutes ago, Clegane'sPup said:

No dear, I am choosing not to let you put your words to my thoughts.

I don't really think you have that choice, at least not on this board. You can choose to not listen to my words, and you can choose to not express yourself at all, but once you've stated something it's kind of out there for all to see. Feel free to block me though. 

2 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I don't really think you have that choice, at least not on this board. You can choose to not listen to my words, and you can choose to not express yourself at all, but once you've stated something it's kind of out there for all to see. Feel free to block me though. 

Har! I do have a choice. There is no need to block you. Freedom of speech and all dat.

27 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

No, what's terrifying is you suggesting it's a terrifying mental image.  I was able to block such thoughts before, but not now.  Thanks a lot!

A. Perfectly. Executed. Plan! 

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA

Archived