'Shcemes of Littlefinger' Appreciation

Iron Mother

Littlefinger finally throws an all-net swish from half court!  Did you forget about him?  How his whole life has been built on the chaos ladder and using whatever is around him to advance his agenda?  That came out of nowhere in EP05.  He had been "castrated" for this whole season, and now he is inside Arya's head.  I couldn't decide what was better: Arya's talent for observation or LF's talent for playing dumb while being 5 moves ahead of her!  And she doesn't realize he's playing her.  C'MON, hiding something that well, knowing Arya would find it anyway.  Leading her right to where he wants her to be.

Whatever you think of LF, his character and the intrigue of his scheming has brought us many amazing twists and turns.  Here's hoping for Just One More :D  Let's face it, he won't be around too much longer, let's honor the character who started it all from s01e01 forward.

4 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

Littlefinger finally throws an all-net swish from half court!  Did you forget about him?  How his whole life has been built on the chaos ladder and using whatever is around him to advance his agenda?  That came out of nowhere in EP05.  He had been "castrated" for this whole season, and now he is inside Arya's head.  I couldn't decide what was better: Arya's talent for observation or LF's talent for playing dumb while being 5 moves ahead of her!  And she doesn't realize he's playing her.  C'MON, hiding something that well, knowing Arya would find it anyway.  Leading her right to where he wants her to be.

Whatever you think of LF, his character and the intrigue of his scheming has brought us many amazing twists and turns.  Here's hoping for Just One More :D  Let's face it, he won't be around too much longer, let's honor the character who started it all from s01e01 forward.

I truly hope Littlefinger's scheming ends up killing one of the Stark girls.  One of those Stark girls have to go.  Preferably both but that will be asking too much.  

2 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I truly hope Littlefinger's scheming ends up killing one of the Stark girls.  One of those Stark girls have to go.  Preferably both but that will be asking too much.  

LOOOOOL ↑↑↑↑↑ I've never seen this type of viewpoint here..... welcome, Ms Moiraine :D

Little fingers note was to plant further doubt in Aryas mind of Sansa loyalties/priorities. 

Im not 100% on all this and how Arya is playing right into Little fingers hands. Sansa is also aware of how angry and how dangerous she is. If LF's plan works, then we will see Arya probably try kill Sansa, showing her real angry and temper. Obviously LF will hope Sansa will turn to him etc.

The only problem I see with all this is, potentially LF could go wrong, Sansa could be killed. Arya is a trained Assassin as well as many other abilities she possesses and shes being completely strung along. LF should also understand by now Bran can see alot of things,  and if he tries to fuck around hes going to get caught.

I agree. When Arya was watching him talking with the maester (anyone else thought it was in the crypts?), I was thinking the whole time "you idiot, you're going to get killed in the next second, don't do this". But then when it was revealed that it was actually he who was watching Arya, I almost applauded him. Go, LF, go! :D

8 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

This would be cool tbh, I'd be here for this. Sadly it probably won't happen. :(

(Not that I necessary want Sansa or Arya dead, I'd just love LF to do a big final move before his sadly practically inevitable death.)

It would be a shame if he dies without trying to manipulate the players that are left on the board

I really want him to be the last villain because despite little character development in both the books and series, he is without a doubt the embodiment of "the devil on your shoulder". He is the one the main reason do many events occurred the way they did. 

So I am glad to see he is already manipulating even the stark children along with the north and vale. Amazingly, I have a feeling this will lead to his downfall 

8 hours ago, Littler Finger said:

I agree. After this week I think his plan is to kill off Arya and actually I quite hope he manages it.

I want Arya dead too.  I never liked Arya from the start. 

11 hours ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I want both Arya and Sansa to die too but that will never happen.  The best we can hope for is the death of Arya.  Hopefully this season.

Books and show have built up Arya too much to kill her off now. Training, then example of her skill be taking out house Frey, sparring scene with Brienne - all seems to be more of a set up for a bigger role later...

My guess? She's playing little finger and will be his end, will wear a co-conspirator's face and get LF to admit everything while Sansa is listening, then ill reveal her identity as Sansa walks in from her hiding spot where she was listening and Arya kills LF in some very dramatic fashion. Likely in the season finale.

Of course, Martin may just kill them both off throwing the North into a tizzy and the Night's King wins, taking over all of Westeros...

10 hours ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Little fingers note was to plant further doubt in Aryas mind of Sansa loyalties/priorities. 

Im not 100% on all this and how Arya is playing right into Little fingers hands. Sansa is also aware of how angry and how dangerous she is. If LF's plan works, then we will see Arya probably try kill Sansa, showing her real angry and temper. Obviously LF will hope Sansa will turn to him etc.

The only problem I see with all this is, potentially LF could go wrong, Sansa could be killed. Arya is a trained Assassin as well as many other abilities she possesses and shes being completely strung along. LF should also understand by now Bran can see alot of things,  and if he tries to fuck around hes going to get caught.

Why are people bashing Arya with this now?  Because she mentioned decapitation?  I don't understand?  WHERE is my sister who claimed "yall are blaming Arya for things she hasn't even done and may not do at all"?

I would more bet LF's plan results in Arya killing him to protect Sansa from some bold move LF tries to get her out of the way.  Then you will all be in here saying Arya is such a hero and gushing up on her.

I've seen it all before.  <_<

4 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Why are people bashing Arya with this now?  Because she mentioned decapitation?  I don't understand?  WHERE is my sister who claimed "yall are blaming Arya for things she hasn't even done and may not do at all"?

Please explain in a more understandable way.......

4 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

I would more bet LF's plan results in Arya killing him to protect Sansa from some bold move LF tries to get her out of the way.  Then you will all be in here saying Arya is such a hero and gushing up on her.

I've seen it all before.  <_<

Why would LF want Sansa out the way????

what if LF kills Arya then wears her face? She left her training prematurely (basically after failing the course) for being overly emotional and impatient so her being overly impetuous and making a naive error against LF isnt beyond the realms of possibility.  But  what if, after losing the duel for Cat, LF went to Braavos and trained but we dont know yet, recognised her fighting style in the Brienne spar and that's why he's ramping up his game now?  then the pay off is he kils her and wears her face in season 7 for some reason (kill sansa maybe? manipulate a legitimised Gendry in to killing people for him?).  Arya has to go soon otherwise she's going to be too overpowered and unbeatable which, faceless training or not, is stupid for a teenager against these seasoned fighters and politicians.

The main mistake made by Ned was playing in Kingslanding as he used to do in Winterfell.

Littlefinger is playing in the north like he used to do in the south and is surrounded by someone who can see almost everything, an assassin and a third one that learnt to play his own game. The show is giving focus on his masterplan, but unless Sansa betrays her family, my two cents are on Littlefinger being sentenced to death by Sansa and killed by Arya.

3 hours ago, Littler Finger said:

what if LF kills Arya then wears her face? She left her training prematurely (basically after failing the course) for being overly emotional and impatient so her being overly impetuous and making a naive error against LF isnt beyond the realms of possibility.  But  what if, after losing the duel for Cat, LF went to Braavos and trained but we dont know yet, recognised her fighting style in the Brienne spar and that's why he's ramping up his game now?  then the pay off is he kils her and wears her face in season 7 for some reason (kill sansa maybe? manipulate a legitimised Gendry in to killing people for him?).  Arya has to go soon otherwise she's going to be too overpowered and unbeatable which, faceless training or not, is stupid for a teenager against these seasoned fighters and politicians.

WOW, somes ones mind is very very creative.

I think this is totally wrong, and Sansa and Arya are playing Littlefinger.  Their "disagreements" are a little too convenient, and a little to open for them to be genuine.  Arya's character has more skill and cunning than LF knows, and for her to be completely fooled so easily doesn't make sense in the story.

Remember in the pre-season trailer we hear Sansa saying the quote about "the lone wolf dies..." that is going to be the line she gives LF when she and Arya reveal that they have played him.  

Personally, I despise the Sansa character, and I always have.  She has been the worst Stark among them, making mistake after mistake and wallowing in her own misery...relying on others to save her.  Arya has been the opposite, always trying to make her own way and doing her own thing regardless of those around her or the situation she is in.  I respect that.

If the Sansa character is ever going to step out of that dependence role and become respected for her actions, she has to have a redemptive moment...out-thinking LF would be a great start.  To gain true position among her people it needs to happen, and she needs to protect Jon in the process rather than usurp him.  

I think Jon will enter into a marriage pact with Dany before the end of this season, and if she has done her part he will hand control of the North over to her.

Finally, we still have Bran "seeing" everything.  We hear a Raven when Arya is searching LF's quarters.  I think the three of them together are going to protect Jon and expose LF.

18 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

I think this is totally wrong, and Sansa and Arya are playing Littlefinger.  Their "disagreements" are a little too convenient, and a little to open for them to be genuine.  Arya's character has more skill and cunning than LF knows, and for her to be completely fooled so easily doesn't make sense in the story.

Remember in the pre-season trailer we hear Sansa saying the quote about "the lone wolf dies..." that is going to be the line she gives LF when she and Arya reveal that they have played him.  

Personally, I despise the Sansa character, and I always have.  She has been the worst Stark among them, making mistake after mistake and wallowing in her own misery...relying on others to save her.  Arya has been the opposite, always trying to make her own way and doing her own thing regardless of those around her or the situation she is in.  I respect that.

If the Sansa character is ever going to step out of that dependence role and become respected for her actions, she has to have a redemptive moment...out-thinking LF would be a great start.  To gain true position among her people it needs to happen, and she needs to protect Jon in the process rather than usurp him.  

I think Jon will enter into a marriage pact with Dany before the end of this season, and if she has done her part he will hand control of the North over to her.

Finally, we still have Bran "seeing" everything.  We hear a Raven when Arya is searching LF's quarters.  I think the three of them together are going to protect Jon and expose LF.

Wow, I totally agree with you!!!

58 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

I have to disagree, Arya does have more skill and cunning that LF knows but this doesnt mean he hasnt outsmarted her which clearly he has. LF has been playing this game for a long time, but the problem with this time hes completely alone surrounded by 3 wolves who clearly cant be manipulated. I think the letter will further divide the stark sisters but before anything can get out of hand bran will help them. Arya will kill LF at Sansas command

It would be a great story line to give Sansa more depth but it goes against Sansas character. She relies on those around her to help her.

Ill second that, I'd be happy if they killed her off. Yes its quite clear they are complete opposites but none the less both strong people in their own rights/ways.

I personally dont think she needs to do anything other than support/protect Jon and everything else will fall into place. She is respected for her actions and words and quite clearly this is made when Lord Manderly says ''perhaps we wrong not to choose you''. Arya is just portraying things in a very weird manner and thinks Sansa is trying to get rid of Jon.

Marriage is on the cards not sure if we will see it before season 8, but we can hope. After season 7 is over it will be a case of preparing the North for the WW invasion, so titles, lands etc will not matter.

Bran will definitely be the factor in exposing LF, the chaos is a ladder scene foreshadowed his downfall. Jon needs support, he needs Sansa to justify and reassure the Northern lords on what he is doing and why.

Archived