'Shcemes of Littlefinger' Appreciation

Iron Mother

1 hour ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

WOW, somes ones mind is very very creative.

They've made one of the most interesting characters seem totally irrelevant - either there's a big twist coming of they've ruined him.  Both seem totally possible.  

Other than Lyssa he doesnt have any onscreen kills yet does he?  Surely he'll get a decent one before the end.  Also Varys knows something, he called him the most dangerous man in Westeros and it can't just have been because he's quite good at spying and time travel

Also when Arya sparred with Brienne Sansa looked surprised and walked off at the end but he didn't so I think he knows what's going on, or worked it out then.

(Yes, this is all just my imagination trying to keep LF relevant and interesting. its much more likely that he's not going zombie hunting so he'll get a rushed death in ep7)

1 minute ago, Littler Finger said:

They've made one of the most interesting characters seem totally irrelevant - either there's a big twist coming of they've ruined him.  Both seem totally possible.

Ill definitely go with they have completely ruined him.

Other than Lyssa he doesnt have any onscreen kills yet does he?

Why does his so desperately need another on screen kill, hes no direct killer....

Surely he'll get a decent one before the end.  Also Varys knows something, he called him the most dangerous man in Westeros and it can't just have been because he's quite good at spying and time travel

Im pretty sure it is lol, he specifically says to Cersei ''knowledge is power''. He got beat to a pulp by Brandon Stark and Catelyn had to beg him not to kill him, he was strangled by Ned and Jon. He is not dangerous in terms of being a good fighter etc. This is ludicrous.

Also when Arya sparred with Brienne Sansa looked surprised and walked off at the end but he didn't so I think he knows what's going on, or worked it out then.

O Arya has learned to defend her self and fight, she must be a faceless man cos I am a faceless man too and I know how they fight. 

(Yes, this is all just my imagination trying to keep LF relevant and interesting. its much more likely that he's not going zombie hunting so he'll get a rushed death in ep7)

few, and I thought you believed all this...... you dont do you? 

23 minutes ago, Littler Finger said:

I think that they just didn't use his character until now. They will in the last three episodes (five included), just to have a quick plot and kill him.

20 hours ago, S. OF HOUSE STARK said:

I know it's impossible, but I just keep imagining how truly fucked and funny it would be if it all worked out for him and the series ended with him on the IT and all his enemies dust. 

I've already thought about this: LF sitting on the Iron Throne in the throne room which has signs of being burned. Sansa is by his side. In front of him there are spikes with the heads of Cersei, Jon, Daenerys, Tyrion, Bran, Arya etc. LF looks at them and says: "I told you not to trust me." THE END.

:D

8 hours ago, Littler Finger said:

what if LF kills Arya then wears her face? She left her training prematurely (basically after failing the course) for being overly emotional and impatient so her being overly impetuous and making a naive error against LF isnt beyond the realms of possibility.  But  what if, after losing the duel for Cat, LF went to Braavos and trained but we dont know yet, recognised her fighting style in the Brienne spar and that's why he's ramping up his game now?  then the pay off is he kils her and wears her face in season 7 for some reason (kill sansa maybe? manipulate a legitimised Gendry in to killing people for him?).  Arya has to go soon otherwise she's going to be too overpowered and unbeatable which, faceless training or not, is stupid for a teenager against these seasoned fighters and politicians.

Now that would be a plot twist! :D (no irony though)

17 hours ago, DarkBastard said:

I think this is totally wrong, and Sansa and Arya are playing Littlefinger.  Their "disagreements" are a little too convenient, and a little to open for them to be genuine.  Arya's character has more skill and cunning than LF knows, and for her to be completely fooled so easily doesn't make sense in the story.

Personally, I despise the Sansa character, and I always have.  She has been the worst Stark among them, making mistake after mistake and wallowing in her own misery...relying on others to save her.  Arya has been the opposite, always trying to make her own way and doing her own thing regardless of those around her or the situation she is in.  I respect that.

First paragraph: I doubt this highly.  Arya is very, very good.  LF has been this this all his life.  Sansa is the key to why this theory is wrong.  If you think Sansa can convincingly play "double agent" you are giving her too much credit.  To think they are creating all this drama to trap LF, wow that's going way out there.

Second paragraph: wow, I have been saying this for a long time.  Glad to see someone else saying it.

14 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

First paragraph: I doubt this highly.  Arya is very, very good.  LF has been this this all his life.  Sansa is the key to why this theory is wrong.  If you think Sansa can convincingly play "double agent" you are giving her too much credit.  To think they are creating all this drama to trap LF, wow that's going way out there.

Second paragraph: wow, I have been saying this for a long time.  Glad to see someone else saying it.

Book Sansa is everything the Dark bastard described.  Show Sansa has been "smartened up" for the show to make her more appealing.  Or less obnoxious.  The attempt failed on me because I still don't like Sansa  :) 

Didn't George say in an interview that Sansa will do something to disappoint us in WoW? 

22 hours ago, Littler Finger said:

what if LF kills Arya then wears her face?

omg this is beyond fan fiction

nice concept but really? Oh and wouldn't she have to kill Sansa first to obtain her face?  Or are we at the point now where Arya can not only impersonate people's voice like Frey but "glamour" a face without actually having one?

7 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

omg this is beyond fan fiction

nice concept but really? Oh and wouldn't she have to kill Sansa first to obtain her face?  Or are we at the point now where Arya can not only impersonate people's voice like Frey but "glamour" a face without actually having one?

I think you misunderstood that. Little Finger said what if LF killed Arya and took her face, not other way around.

(based on theory LF is secretly a faceless man)

32 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

I think you misunderstood that. Little Finger said what if LF killed Arya and took her face, not other way around.

(based on theory LF is secretly a faceless man)

LF a Faceless man?  Oh OK.  Didn't catch that.  Well, that certainly would be a serious fan fic lol

5 hours ago, Iron Mother said:

Show-wise, I think it is possible...but I understand your doubts.  I just don't see her aligning with LF after everything has happened.  Remember the girl whispering to LF while Arya was watching?  Why were we shown that scene, and what was she whispering to him?  The only thing to happen prior to that was the conversation between Sansa and Arya...I think Arya was watching the message get delivered about strife between the two sisters.  

It isn't beyond belief that show runners in this day and age would prop up (however artificially) an otherwise weak character.  Jon, Arya, and Bran have all displayed special skills they have picked up along the way, this is how they will show the skills Sansa has picked up.  We'll see how this plays out.

9 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

Show-wise, I think it is possible...but I understand your doubts.  I just don't see her aligning with LF after everything has happened.  Remember the girl whispering to LF while Arya was watching?  Why were we shown that scene, and what was she whispering to him?  The only thing to happen prior to that was the conversation between Sansa and Arya...I think Arya was watching the message get delivered about strife between the two sisters.  

It isn't beyond belief that show runners in this day and age would prop up (however artificially) an otherwise weak character.  Jon, Arya, and Bran have all displayed special skills they have picked up along the way, this is how they will show the skills Sansa has picked up.  We'll see how this plays out.

Apologies, I'm not sure you understood my post.  But it's cool.  I was just dispelling the idea that Sansa and Arya are currently working together in stealth to trap LF.  As in, the Arya gets in Sansa's face was a plot - staged by them - to misdirect LF.  I just doubt this is even possible.

The girl was just a "bird" working for LF for information like he always does.  Then he went and spoke to the two lords in the yard Arya was watching.  She's just observing him, and he set her up to find the raven message about Sansa telling Robb to bow to Joffrey. 

Do you think Sansa and Arya are right now working a secret plot to trap LF?  And their scene of conflict was a planned event by them?  I don't see it.

11 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

Apologies, I'm not sure you understood my post.  But it's cool.  I was just dispelling the idea that Sansa and Arya are currently working together in stealth to trap LF.  As in, the Arya gets in Sansa's face was a plot - staged by them - to misdirect LF.  I just doubt this is even possible.

The girl was just a "bird" working for LF for information like he always does.  Then he went and spoke to the two lords in the yard Arya was watching.  She's just observing him, and he set her up to find the raven message about Sansa telling Robb to bow to Joffrey. 

Do you think Sansa and Arya are right now working a secret plot to trap LF?  And their scene of conflict was a planned event by them?  I don't see it.

I know you disagree, but I think they may be.  There are only seven episodes left, I don't think there is time for another betrayal from within the Stark family, and I don't think it makes sense at this point.  

I think the show runners are setting us up for a big event.  Maybe Arya isn't a part of it...maybe Sansa is doing this all on her own, but I just don't see LF winning this one.  I think the books (if they are ever finished) will be completely different in this regard...but the show has to give Sansa a "win" of some sort (as much as I dislike the character) in order to firmly establish herself as the Lady of Winterfell.  

I believe Jon will abdicate the North to her eventually, either through his death, regency, and/or marriage to Dany...won't happen if she betrays him and the viewers won't accept it if she doesn't show some form of skill/control in removing the LF threat.

12 minutes ago, DarkBastard said:

I know you disagree, but I think they may be.  There are only seven episodes left, I don't think there is time for another betrayal from within the Stark family, and I don't think it makes sense at this point.  

I think the show runners are setting us up for a big event.  Maybe Arya isn't a part of it...maybe Sansa is doing this all on her own, but I just don't see LF winning this one.  I think the books (if they are ever finished) will be completely different in this regard...but the show has to give Sansa a "win" of some sort (as much as I dislike the character) in order to firmly establish herself as the Lady of Winterfell.  

I believe Jon will abdicate the North to her eventually, either through his death, regency, and/or marriage to Dany...won't happen if she betrays him and the viewers won't accept it if she doesn't show some form of skill/control in removing the LF threat.

All she has to do to achieve this is is tell Lord Royce (commander in the Vale) what LF did to Lysa.  It doesn't have to be some elaborate thing.  But yes LF has to and will be removed.  She's kept silent all this time.  She can remove him RIGHT quick by spilling what she knows about him.  I dont think she will betray Jon or whatever.  If Arya kills him or something like that, Lord Royce who has been working with LF - it won't make sense to him.  He's the key to that.  He's already said to Sansa "we came here for YOU".  He just needs a reason to dispatch LF while still remaining with Winterfell.  Sansa has got to drop that bomb eventually.  Royce hates him anyway.

LF being beheaded in Winterfell over the Lysa event will be a satisfying conclusion to his character.

5 minutes ago, Iron Mother said:

All she has to do to achieve this is is tell Lord Royce (commander in the Vale) what LF did to Lysa.  It doesn't have to be some elaborate thing.  But yes LF has to and will be removed.  She's kept silent all this time.  She can remove him RIGHT quick by spilling what she knows about him.  I dont think she will betray Jon or whatever.  If Arya kills him or something like that, Lord Royce who has been working with LF - it won't make sense to him.  He's the key to that.  He's already said to Sansa "we came here for YOU".  He just needs a reason to dispatch LF while still remaining with Winterfell.  Sansa has got to drop that bomb eventually.  Royce hates him anyway.

LF being beheaded in Winterfell over the Lysa event will be a satisfying conclusion to his character.

What will that do to Sansa's credibility though?  She held the secret until it was convenient for her to tell, making Royce look like a fool and giving LF a position of power over the Vale?  Will they trust her more or less if that happens?

Exposing a plot to undermine the King in the North will not hurt her credibility, rather reinforce it.

I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying it's possible...you may be right in the end!

22 hours ago, Littler Finger said:

Other than Lyssa he doesnt have any onscreen kills yet does he?  Surely he'll get a decent one before the end.  Also Varys knows something, he called him the most dangerous man in Westeros and it can't just have been because he's quite good at spying and time travel

It won't be the case, but I was actually entertaining the idea that Littlefinger could be an assassin who has kept his abilities under wraps and will eventually be a challenge for Arya in the end. That would be pretty cool to see but it doesn't make sense 7 years into the show to suddenly reveal that he's even better than the Faceless Men at sneaking, manipulating, confusing, and killing quietly. I would more than love to see Arya knocked off balance and in need of help rather than this Hit Girl/Mystique persona the show runners wrote for her.

Try to think of it in LF's way:

every scenario is happening all at once. So what is the next step?

having Sansa and Arya fool him makes no sense. There is no real set up for this. Their disagreements are well recorded since childhood, the scene between them was the set up to the fact that Arya still pretty much hates her and what she represents.

having Sansa saying "the lone wolf dies, and the pact survives" because she is a stark and a caring leader makes no sense as well to her character development.

she never trully was a Stark like the rest of her family was. And the fact that most of her life was spent with people like cersei, Marjory and LF turned her even more away from the traditional Stark ways. She even says out loud in the first episode talking to Jon.

Bran doesn't care for the petty political dramas and has shed his former identity, so why would he care to interfere? As a matter of fact he may every well know what is about to happen and isn't doing anything. He did give Arya the blade so I bet he knows what's going on and isn't worried.

And as for LF, he as a man(or maybe a deamon) who thrives on chaos and uses to his advantage.

he takes everything to account and thinks ahead.

People here talk about his death being imminent but there's no reason to suspect that. He has the vale and Sansa's respect.

driving a wedge between the sisters should work well.

the only Xfactor in this whole story is brianne. The one who swore to their mother to keep her girls safe and doesn't like LF one bit. She might be the one to defuse the tension by knowing info about all of this from their mother.

still there is no reason to kill LF.

only Arya could be implosive enough to do it, but it'll mean She will be going rogue against the north.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:19 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

I truly hope Littlefinger's scheming ends up killing one of the Stark girls.  One of those Stark girls have to go.  Preferably both but that will be asking too much.  

I couldn't agree more.  I have despised Sansa since the start of season 5, and Arya since about half way through season 6.  It has to do more with the forced story lines and drama than anything. 

I also hope Littlefinger's scheming ends up killing the following characters, who I now find to be completely insufferable:  Dany, Tyrion, Cersei, Jaime, Sam, Gilly, Euron, Theon, Yara, Davos

5 hours ago, Illiterati said:

I have interpreted the showrunners as very meticulously conveying that Sansa has lost all respect for LF this season.

As I said in another post, he looks very much like the employee that is going to be fired soon.

Littlefinger is the one who should lose respect for Sansa.  Littlefinger saved those sorry Starks from getting flayed by Ramsey.  The Starks fought with poor strategy and lacked discipline in the battle of the bastards.  Ramsay deserved to win that battle.  He fought a better battle than Jon and Sansa.  Littlefinger came along and pulled their asses off the fire.  It's Lf who saved them from getting flayed.  The name of Ramsay's latest puppy was going to be Sansa until Littlefinger came along and won the battle of the bastards.

Archived