so how will ser jorah feel about dany burning sam's father and brother alive and what will sam feel about jon working with dany.

snow is the man

4 hours ago, Ivan33 said:

She killed his brother and father,burned them alive and you think it's paranoia to expect revenge from their relatives? Who can  say Sam won't poison the dragons when no longer needed or poison her somehow. Besides this is show not books.

Yes you are right. This is the show and not the books. Anything can happen. Samwell might turn out to be the Night King in disguise. A meteor might strike their planet in S8E2 and destroy everything. And the next four episodes are just black screen.

3 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Yes you are right. This is the show and not the books. Anything can happen. Samwell might turn out to be the Night King in disguise. A meteor might strike their planet in S8E2 and destroy everything. And the next four episodes are just black screen.

What would i watch then? :(

It's pretty messed up yeah. Daenerys killed the family of the guy who saved jorah. Makes sense for why she killed them and I think jorah will probably defend her although I think he and Jon will probably feel bad for Sam too.

Sam doesn't seem to have a good relationship with his family, mostly his dad, but I still think it'll effect him and his opinion of daenerys.  I wouldn't blame him. Tyrion and varys are right she can't just keep killing anyone who doesn't kneel and still be known as the queen who's going to make the world a better place

like others have said though I don't think Sam is one who will lose it and rebel against her and try and get revenge or something

5 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

This would be a more coherent plot twist than anything we have seen in 3 seasons.

I think the Night's Watch will either be non-existent either because it is decimated or has been disbanded after the great war to come, which will free up Sam from his vows such that he can marry Gilly, or Jon will proclaim him free in order to help mend the realm and integrate the wildlings.  Either way Sam will get Horn Hill and will be saddened but understanding regarding his father's death.

Jorah will not care about the burnings.  He may bring Sam up in conversation with Jon as a way of easing the tension for Ned wanting Jon killed.

14 hours ago, daemonTheBlack said:

Jorah will feel sorry for Sam but will not fault Dany's action - 

• because it was perfectly justified, even sensible, in the world of Game of Thrones, and Jorah is unaffected by 21st century morality
  • his devotion to Dany will outweigh his sympathy for Sam

Sam is kind, peace-loving, and sentimental. He will be desolated when he hears in spite of his father's treatment of him. He will weep for his brother, his widowed mother and fatherless sister. But he is not one to hold a grudge, especially against his best friend's sweetheart who is supplying them with a great army, a literal mountain of dragonglass, and dragonfire. Do not expect him to hatch some malevolent revenge plot, its not in his character.

I agree Sam will be heartbroken but knows the name of the game (no pun intended). Plus he'll be head of House Tarly and since the Tyrells are done for will be the head of The Reach.

11 hours ago, SeanF said:

I would have thought that the cultural norm in Westeros would be that high-born prisoners are held for ransom, rather than being told to turn or burn.

If Dany were actually Queen, and they'd rebelled against her, she'd be on far stronger legal and moral ground to execute them for treason, but at this stage, she's only a claimant.

Not always. There were several instances when political prisoners were told to bend the knee or get executed, or just get executed. Jaime forced Edmure to concede a defeat and give up Riverrun to Freys by threatening to splatter Edmures son over its walls if he doesn't. If Edmure refused, he'd probably be executed.Most pro-Targaryen houses bent the knee after Mad King was deposed, those that resisted were killed or had to flee. Politcal prisoners were kept either because they could be exchanged for others, or if they could be useful, the way Sansa was useful to Lannisters. Tarly men weren't important enough to Cersei that she'd ransom them, nor would she care what Dany does, so they couldn't be used as means of keeping the opposition quiet. And Daenerys did say she's against putting people in chains. 

Archived